EVERYTHING Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
When any actors publicly shows interest in a big role, is it good publicity or is it counter-initiative? Because I haven't seen one actor once getting a role because that. The worst case being Julian McMahnon with James Bond.

Well, we only had like two black superheroes for the most part. We all grew up idolizing Supes, Bats and Spidey, but frankly if we wanted a hero who we could honestly connect with on a deeper level as black kids growing up, they were sparse.

There is also DC's Cyborg....but he was more of side character until recently. Personally I've always never liked his design even now in the New 52. I actually liked his design in the 'Teen Titans' cartoon the most.

Another catsing idea:

Lee Thompson Young

I remember him from The Hills Have Eyes 2 (see pic) and he's curently in Rizzoli and Isles tv show.
ri-young.jpg

riflip_b.jpg

OH I didn't think about him, he could be a great choice for the role. Nice suggestion man!

When any actors publicly shows interest in a big role, is it good publicity or is it counter-initiative? Because I haven't seen one actor once getting a role because that. The worst case being Julian McMahnon with James Bond.
George Lucas created Mace Windu for the Star Wars PT simply because Jackson said he wanted to be in SW on some late night tv show...but that's Sam Jackson!

I dunno, but I hope that all these black actors creating buzz for a Black Panther movie that doesn't seem to be in development yet will make Marvel Studios wake up and smell the coffee. Right now, half of the internet says there *is* a BP movie in development and the other half says no. When you create demand, supply cannot be far behind.

these black actors are probably like wait an actual black super hero and he isn't from the ghetto

i'm in lol

My only concern would be that they are genuine and not just saying what people want to hear

Out of the people that have expressed interest in the role, only Hodge and Mackie have leading man potential in my eyes. That guy from Rizzoli and Isles would bore everyone to tears in the theater.

It'd be hard to get mad with Hodge or Mackie. I think Mackie is more recognizable, and would get the nod from a marketing standpoint, all else being equal. I still see Hodge as more charismatic, I don't get to see that side of Mackie a lot.

It'd be hard to get mad with Hodge or Mackie. I think Mackie is more recognizable, and would get the nod from a marketing standpoint, all else being equal. I still see Hodge as more charismatic, I don't get to see that side of Mackie a lot.

Hodge is younger, more charismatic, and a lot more likely to be a hit with the ladies so I'd go with him if I were Marvel.

Considering their casting of Hemsworth (and even Evans to a degree) I feel confident in saying marketability won't play a role in BP's (or any other MCU characters) casting. They'll just surround him with known talent like Thor with Hopkins & Portman, or Cap with TLJ & Weaving.

... that makes sense.

I can't wait to see who they get for the surrounding casting.

What storylines would you guys hope they pull from to tell T'Challa's origin
or how would you tell the origin in general?

but they may want a bigger name since black panther is a harder sell than thor

i can see them going after jamie foxx especially after django unchained

They don't need to go after a big name. As of right now the Marvel tag will put butts in seats. Look how excited people got when the rumor broke that he was the next movie. Its a superhero attached to Avengers. They would have to screw it up not to make money off this.

^you mean the die hard comic fans lol

they went gaga over guardians of the the galaxy aswell

non comic book related sites posted the news and people were excited

non comic book related sites posted the news and people were excited

Yeah, the fact that the news (rumor or fact) of a BP movie caused about a dozen black actors to suddenly toss their hat into the ring over the following few days is proof of that. I seriously doubt that all those guys got their info from SHH or other parts of the GeekWeb.

They don't need to go after a big name. As of right now the Marvel tag will put butts in seats. Look how excited people got when the rumor broke that he was the next movie. Its a superhero attached to Avengers. They would have to screw it up not to make money off this.

Though I agree with you they don't need a bigger name than Mackie-who has been garnering buzz for a couple years now, especially after The Hurt Locker, so it isn't like he's a nobody, I'm not sure that the Marvel tag alone would guarantee butts in seats for a project like Black Panther.

I could see Marvel hedging their bets quite a bit. I could see them going with a relatively unknown black actor for the Black Panther role but having a bigger white actor/actress for the main villain. Also some Avengers cameos or mentions probably wouldn't hurt either. In a way, perhaps putting SHIELD (Fury and Black Widow and/or Hawkeye) in a Black Panther film would work to give it that Avengers crossover cred, while not having them overshadow Panther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"