Fabian Wagner is the cinematographer.

anyone see larry fong's work on skull island the lack of color in BVS/MOS is truly a snyder thing still loved his work none the less
tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o3_540.gif

tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o4_540.gif

tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o1_540.gif

tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o5_540.gif

Yes…because a story about one super hero that mainly operates at night battling another one over ideological differences is the same kind of thing as an Arthur Conan Doyle style jungle adventure and would have the same opportunities for color…right?

:doh:

Pfft, nah you're just one of the many yokels that'll be taking shots at BvS on the JL board just like people were taking shots at MoS all through BvS's development. Enjoy your stay.

anyone see larry fong's work on skull island the lack of color in BVS/MOS is truly a snyder thing still loved his work none the less
tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o3_540.gif

tumblr_oasf29ArUI1rz9hl6o5_540.gif

These colours are bloodly faaaaake! These gif were manipulated to point of over-saturation. Fong would have been disappointed with whoever made that change. Also, in the actual trailer the predominate hue throughout the scenes seems to be dusky orange --heavily so. I have never seen jungle so brightly lit green. lol I used to work in a real jungle and have flew over it several times. You may have also noticed that these are day-light scenes.

MOS got all the natural colour it needed especially in all the Smallville scenes, the Krypton scenes and BvS got the Indian Ocean scene. Oh, Doomsday also provided all the beautiful yellow flashes. :lmao:

Yes…because a story about one super hero that mainly operates at night battling another one over ideological differences is the same kind of thing as an Arthur Conan Doyle style jungle adventure and would have the same opportunities for color…right?

:doh:

Are you seriously arguing that a Superman movie shouldn't be colorful? I mean, seriously?

I think Larry Fong's own sarcastic response to the claims of his work being dull/colorless are the best :

When asked to give some tips about his cinematography :

"Dark/grim. Dull filters. No color. Slow motion"

When asked about the filters used in BvS :

"For the record, I used ZERO filters on BvS."

About Fabian Wagner taking over him :

"Plus, he doesn’t use any ‘dull filters’ like I apparently do ;)"

The best was when he posted a edited overly colorful picture of a classical painting saying that you dont need more colors to make something beautiful.And I completely agree with that sentiment.

Going to share some of my favourite images from BvS.Click here for the full album.
KserXpB.png

CZLg349.png

A4n48zH.png

SSKJiwY.png

h5VxpAA.png

whpQgwL.png

fWBMiud.png

xaad1hz.png

XW3vsxm.png

MQxEEfY.png

No colors eh?It was the opposite of colorless/dull.It was by no means bright.But why does it need to be?You dont need to be brightly colored to be beautiful.BvS was visually stunning in my opinion.

Are you seriously arguing that a Superman movie shouldn't be colorful? I mean, seriously?

BvS wasn't just a Superman movie, but keep on trying to legitimize your really poor attempts at coherent arguments.

Also, if you paid attention BvS was supposed to be the worst period in his tenure. Vibrant, uplifting colors when the hero doubts how important his existence is and as he gets murdered by an invulnerable monster? Definitely no mixed signals there.

Also, if you paid attention BvS was supposed to be the worst period in his tenure. Vibrant, uplifting colors when the hero doubts how important his existence is and as he gets murdered by an invulnerable monster? Definitely no mixed signals there.

Good point.Like I always say,the story should dictate the tone/look/feel of the film,and not the other way around.

BvS wasn't just a Superman movie, but keep on trying to legitimize your really poor attempts at coherent arguments.

Yawn.

The cinematography is fine. But I still would have liked to have seen images of Superman and his suit shot in a way to provide some contrast to the darkness. He gets lost in the murkiness sometimes.

Hopefully that's not the case with Jl.

The cinematography is fine. But I still would have liked to have seen images of Superman and his suit shot in a way to provide some contrast to the darkness. He gets lost in the murkiness sometimes.

Hopefully that's not the case with Jl.

Because he's complicated, his murkiness represents the isolation of the soul of an alien god, struggling to find his way among the rejectionness of the masses.

Or something.

The cinematographer for MoS was amazing too. He made that movie look beautiful. What's he doing nowadays?

I like how Justice League now looks a lot like Game of Thrones. It makes it EPIC which is required for a film like Justice League.

The color palette felt appropriate for BvS's story.

But whether or not BvS's story was appropriate for the first Batman/Superman movie is another matter.

The color palette felt appropriate for BvS's story.

But whether or not BvS's story was appropriate for the first Batman/Superman movie is another matter.

Agree with the first statement.

And the second statement is a valid complaint too.I think the usual norm is you build up a friendship and then add seeds of conflict that is you go from light to dark but they went from dark to light.There is no right way ofcourse and their different method is indeed interesting.

I'm not talking about going too dark too soon so much as going so dark for the first Batman/Superman movie.

I'm not talking about going too dark too soon so much as going so dark for the first Batman/Superman movie.

Yep I know.The first time we got Batman/Superman in the comics was World's finest..and they went the complete opposite.I like it in a way.I like what Geoff Johns said about it that people think Batman and Superman are opposites but actually they are very similar and the more I think about it honestly I cant find reasons for them to actually have a proper ideological fight as I believe their ideologies coincide a lot(I mean in the comics Superman nearly always fights Batman due to external reasons like Govt influence in TDKR and mindcontrol in Hush)...so I think it works in a way that the conflict arises when they dont know each other and when they do they start having a respectful and friendly relationship.Am I making any sense or just rambling?:p

Perfection. I honestly can't decide which one is better. It's like they just.. fit

8837826.png

3304357.png

The BvS one dissolved into noticeable cg and green screens. Let's hope that the Justice League one will not. I wonder if they set the bar to high with the "environments".

Two totally different scenes. The JL pic look's like they've entered a bunker. The BvS one had Doomsday's causing havoc. That needs a lot of CGI and green screen. JL no doubt will have plenty of the same.

Oh we're definitely in stored for A LOT of green screen battles for this film.

Yeah when you have characters like Aquman,WW,Flash,Cyborg,Superman and Steppenwolf,let alone all the parademons,you just have to.There is no other way.

Will some people ever stop throwing rocks at Snyder for using green screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"