The Dark Knight How excited are you for this movie?

I personally thought Superman Returns was ****. So each to their own.

So be it. I'm just trying to get nolan to do batman darker than singer's done superman. all I'm asking... He hasn't even touched burton's level of darkness imo. People don't see this because they're trying to make Nolan seem like he's done perfectly. Wrong. He's just made a film opposite to batman and robin. Now he has to make his own film on his own terms.

we'll see where this scarred joker stuff leads to. looks very burton-ish.

No I agree with that point. But with a disfigured Joker, surely things are about to get darker?

Very, very excited. Huge fan both of Nolan's films, and of Batman. Love Begins and think this will be even better. Can't wait. :word:

Yes yes Nolan needs to take notes on making superhero movies from Singer.

No I agree with that point. But with a disfigured Joker, surely things are about to get darker?

Hopefully Maggie doesn't taser him creating the scars, though... :cwink:

I personally think that a young Gordon tenderly touching young Bruce's face is more emotional than seeing the Man of Steel getting an ass beating.

about 5...

Same director and same cast as last time, we shouldn't expect more than a better version of begins.

My hope is that Nolan's completely re-tooling his original premise because it was not memorable to me. It was boring, bland, very sterile. I want something more like crow, dark city, something dirty like the beating in superman returns please.

watch that movie if you want to see batman done in the new millenium.

Luthor kicking Superman in the face while he's crouching in agony completely out-darks every single scene in Batman begins. I can't believe people refuse to see this.

Top this, Nolan. You have to earn my trust, man. No free passes from me.

[YT]2tnlYf8njps[/YT]

Lex was kicking Supes in the face? :huh: he was kicking Supes but it can be assumed that it was in the gut. Supes was dragged by the face though. Lex stabbed Supes in the back.

and there are dark elements to BB too, the prison ramble, the docks showdown and the whole Narrows scene.

I didn't like Superman Returns - got bored after 30 minutes. But loved the first two X Men so... Hmm.

Batman needs an illegitimate son.

Lex was kicking Supes in the face? :huh: he was kicking Supes but it can be assumed that it was in the gut. Supes was dragged by the face though. Lex stabbed Supes in the back.

and there are dark elements to BB too, the prison ramble, the docks showdown and the whole Narrows scene.

Yes lex kicked him right in the chops.

I can't really see how those scenes were as dark as being beaten and stabbed while completely defenseless but... hey what do I know...

It's not just simply darkness either. What I want nolan to think about is how he can do things more artsy fartsy. Which comic fans seem to hate in comic movies even though some of the best comic movies are all artsy fartsy. Superman the movie, batman, batman returns, hulk, the two good xmen's, all full of artsy fartsy moments but thats ok because comics themselves are art aren't they?

Here's kind of what I mean by artsy fartsy.
[YT]55iXMkZzHS0[/YT]

It's probably in my top five of most anticipated movies, through my life. I only hope it, along with Indiana Jones IV, lives up to my expectations.

Yes lex kicked him right in the chops.

I can't really see how those scenes were as dark as being beaten and stabbed while completely defenseless but... hey what do I know...

It's not just simply darkness either. What I want nolan to think about is how he can do things more artsy fartsy. Which comic fans seem to hate in comic movies even though some of the best comic movies are all artsy fartsy. Superman the movie, batman, batman returns, hulk, the two good xmen's, all full of artsy fartsy moments but thats ok because comics themselves are art aren't they?

Here's kind of what I mean by artsy fartsy.

artsy fartsy? i hate that term more than anything in the whole world. that's what people who know nothing about art say when they cant properly explain their ideas. like the football player who took the painting class in high school so he could nap. "hey dude, that's too artsy fartsy for me". i know you are not one of those people. are you? :(

and furthermore, if you think nolan isnt already more artistic than singer we have nothing to discuss sir. i think the camera work in begins in much more "artistically sound" than returns. sure its not as flashy (no falling planes or regenerating suns) but the framing and editing are pitch perfect. and at times the genesis digital camera made the movie look like a tv show. i mean, i liked superman returns and the beating was dark but felt like it belonged in a different movie. too over the top, and without any real history between routh and spacey, empty. and dont get me started on lex spacey. like i said, i really liked superman returns but it felt like a big budget movie with some artistic flourishes, where begins felt like an art house movie with a big budget. and whenever i watch returns, my biggest complaint is that i can never forget im watching a movie, with actors playing lex and supes. bale completely dissapears and begins sucks me in everytime. to each their own i guess.

and finally, you are really bumming me out with the negativity weyseed. i feel like you need a hug.

oh, and my excitement is around 15. the fact that my friend is bale's chicago stand in and im going to be in the movie somewhere (just gave the casting director my head shots) definately helps.

I´ve never even been so exited for a movie, my whole live...........but I have to scale down my expectations before it hits sreens, if not........I just would be disappointed....................

Im always excited about a new Batman movie, the levels vary tho. Im enthusiastic about TDK, but not overly excited. I wasnt that impressed with Begins so Im very optimistic about this new one, I dont want to get overly excited and caught up just to be let down. Im more anxious about seeing the Batman/Joker confrontation again than anything. Tho I will have to admit, seeing the gimmicky cycle suit has brought me down a couple of notches. With all these things, Id have to say about a 7.

Its my number 1 most anticipated movie right now. My hype will build (and wane, just as with every movie) as more stuff comes to light.

And Singer is easily one of the best comic book directors. Easily better and more artistic than Raimi, its just he needs better writers. I just watched Spider-Man 3 and it felt like Raimi had lost all passion for the material. Nolan is a great director and can surround himself with great creative and cast talent (which is where Singer fails).

Its my number 1 most anticipated movie right now. My hype will build (and wane, just as with every movie) as more stuff comes to light.

And Singer is easily one of the best comic book directors. Easily better and more artistic than Raimi, its just he needs better writers. I just watched Spider-Man 3 and it felt like Raimi had lost all passion for the material. Nolan is a great director and can surround himself with great creative and cast talent (which is where Singer fails).

solid snake, i know this is off topic...but did they ever get round to start making the mgs film? i'm guessing you would know lol.

artsy fartsy? i hate that term more than anything in the whole world. that's what people who know nothing about art say when they cant properly explain their ideas. like the football player who took the painting class in high school so he could nap. "hey dude, that's too artsy fartsy for me". i know you are not one of those people. are you? :(

and furthermore, if you think nolan isnt already more artistic than singer we have nothing to discuss sir. i think the camera work in begins in much more "artistically sound" than returns. sure its not as flashy (no falling planes or regenerating suns) but the framing and editing are pitch perfect. and at times the genesis digital camera made the movie look like a tv show. i mean, i liked superman returns and the beating was dark but felt like it belonged in a different movie. too over the top, and without any real history between routh and spacey, empty. and dont get me started on lex spacey. like i said, i really liked superman returns but it felt like a big budget movie with some artistic flourishes, where begins felt like an art house movie with a big budget. and whenever i watch returns, my biggest complaint is that i can never forget im watching a movie, with actors playing lex and supes. bale completely dissapears and begins sucks me in everytime. to each their own i guess.

and finally, you are really bumming me out with the negativity weyseed. i feel like you need a hug.

oh, and my excitement is around 15. the fact that my friend is bale's chicago stand in and im going to be in the movie somewhere (just gave the casting director my head shots) definately helps.

A baby could understand what I'm referring to when I say I want a more artsy fartsy style in the new batman movie. Read one of the best batman comic books and you'll get a distinctive sense of style from it. Why? Because it's meant to be that way. That's what I want from the dark knight if possible. I want it to seem like it's a comic come to life with stark contrasts and shadows used to make scenes more dramatic, not every thing lit prettymuch with one tone and fight scenes edited poorly.

Singer and others as Solid says are more artistic (artsy fartsy) directors. As ultimatefan, super best fan ever who is never wrong said, tone and feel are important.

It's true. In that sense the tone and feel of begins wasn't right for me. I want something dark, dirty, scummy, like a sewer, more epic like the comic but not pedestrian like a lot of bland offerings we get now, something like a fine sculpture or operatic shakespearian play and I want it now.

And why is constructive criticism blanketed under the "negativity" label all the time around here?

Right now i'd say about 9.

I'm less excited than extremely confident that TDK will be a great film.

Here are my reasons;

1. Traditionally with superhero movies, part two is superior to part one.
2. The Joker.
3. Harvey Dent.
4. Far better actress as Rachel Dawes.

I am not as of yet completely sold on the lookof either the Joker or Batman. However, as we've only seen one image of each, neither especially clear, I'll reserve judegment. Nolan's style dictates that they will look as they do for logical, story-based reasons.

I was very dissapointed in Nolans take on the Joker with that silly cut smile, and that deminished my realised blind faith in him doing justice to the characters. I got past the same old rubber Batsuit in the first film, the costume in this isn't too horrible, but how he does the Joker will make or break the film.

I was very dissapointed in Nolans take on the Joker with that silly cut smile, and that deminished my realised blind faith in him doing justice to the characters. I got past the same old rubber Batsuit in the first film, the costume in this isn't too horrible, but how he does the Joker will make or break the film.

I will admit also that, for the basic reason that it's a departure from the traditional Joker, the released image left me less than satisfied.

However, we've had two very good 'traditonal' Jokers in previous films (Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson), and three if you count the animated Joker in Mask of the Phantasm. So it's absolutely time for a new take on the Clown Prince of Crime. And I absolutely loved Nolan's more believable version of the Scarecrow in Begins. That was a Scarecrow I could more-or-less believe existed, and if Nolan manages to create a Joker than the audience could really imagine lurking around out there....then I will be very impressed.

There you go, I've just convinced myself-! :D

To be posting about it more than a year before its release, you'd think we'd all be pretty into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"