The Dark Knight How excited are you for this movie?

I'm just ready to get close to the release date when people will finally come to their senses and we will get nothing but positive talk.

Seems every board I go in that far ahead of the release date, people do nothing but complain. Then when we get trailers and they see how great the movie will be, they lighten up.

To me, TDK is like a seductively beautiful woman. And the new Joker is like her halitosis.

Not really sure where this thread would go, but it IS about TDK, and it's not really about anything specific, so...

How excited ARE you? On a scale of 1-10, ten being the highest?

I think I'm somewhere in the 8-10 range. But closer to ten.
I chose 10 cuz im really excited

I really cannot wait, Batman Begins is one of my favourite films of all-time so I just can't wait. :D

Definetely a 10. I haven't been excited for a movie like this in a long time. You get that weird butterfly feeling in your stomach.

...at least I hope it wasn't the Taco Bell.

To me, TDK is like a seductively beautiful woman. And the new Joker is like her halitosis.
Then think of her as a seductively beautiful, STD-free prostitute. That way you don't have to kiss her.

I am excited... I Love the new suit and the new cowl, but I am worried about the Joker's look... I mean Nicholson did a Great Job and he was both hilarious and Evil, but I know Nolan will Get it right! I Believe!

Meanwhile, Transformers will calm my hunger for TDK.

About 7. After SM3 crushed my dreams for a superhero trilogy to remain mostly great until the end, the Batman franchise is all I have left to look forward to.

solid snake, i know this is off topic...but did they ever get round to start making the mgs film? i'm guessing you would know lol.

I don't even think its in preproduction yet. Last I heard they were going to get a big time Hong Kong director to take the reigns. Fine with me, as long as it isnt Boll or Anderson.

I'd say about 7. Honestly, a month or so ago, before the websites and pictures, I almost had absolutely no interest in the film. I was shocked. It just wasn't a big thing to me. I was more excited about Spider-Man 3 and TMNT and all of the great comics that were and are coming out.

But then once I saw the websites and the Batsuit picture, I've gotta say, I've really started to begin anticipating it. It should be a really good film, no doubt, it's just not "the" thing I'm waiting for.

I'm sure as it nears.....and whatever hype builds.....it will be more in the spotlight.

I mean, they're just into filming now....so, hard to be waiting for something that's still, what...a year and a half away?

But, yeah...I'm excited at 10 cuz I'm a Batman fan, a BB fan, and so on and so on.

If "Batman Begins" was the Batman movie that us fans had been waiting for, TDK is only more so.

God willing Ledger pulls of the Joker, and I hope he surpasses Nicholson. I think he will, but no one can ever be certain until the film is released and you can sit down an watch both men's performances simultaneously.

10..."Begins" got Batman back on his feet. TDK is going to shoot him back up into the stratosphere of glory; where he, somehow unlike nearly every other comic book character, deserves to be.

I mean Superman was the first...Spiderman's most relatable to the average man...and the x-men kick ass...

But no character in comic book history tops Batman. To be PC, no one tops Batman for me, but I think he's arguably the greatest character in comics. Certainly more so than most (Hulk, Daredevil, Flash, Aquaman, or nearly any other.)

CFE

I'm at an 8. That's enough to make me bother posting again, but not as high as it'll be until about May. The time between Indiana Jones and TDK I'll finally hit 10.

If "Batman Begins" was the Batman movie that us fans had been waiting for, TDK is only more so.

God willing Ledger pulls of the Joker, and I hope he surpasses Nicholson. I think he will, but no one can ever be certain until the film is released and you can sit down an watch both men's performances simultaneously.

10..."Begins" got Batman back on his feet. TDK is going to shoot him back up into the stratosphere of glory; where he, somehow unlike nearly every other comic book character, deserves to be.

I mean Superman was the first...Spiderman's most relatable to the average man...and the x-men kick ass...

But no character in comic book history tops Batman. To be PC, no one tops Batman for me, but I think he's arguably the greatest character in comics. Certainly more so than most (Hulk, Daredevil, Flash, Aquaman, or nearly any other.)

CFE
Deadpool, Ultimate Captain America, Jaime Madrox, Booster Gold, The Detective Chimp, Layla Miller, Black Alice, Batgirl from TB, Maxwell Lord, Lex Luthor, Kilowog, and Molly Hayes are all marginally better than Batman, in my ungodly correct opinion.

Deadpool, Ultimate Captain America, Jaime Madrox, Booster Gold, The Detective Chimp, Layla Miller, Black Alice, Batgirl from TB, Maxwell Lord, Lex Luthor, Kilowog, and Molly Hayes are all marginally better than Batman, in my ungodly correct opinion.
Holy crap you read a lot of comics. I haven't heard of half of those.

I can't believe he said Booster. I mean, really? Was his work in 52 THAT good?

If I had to quantify it, I suppose my Hype-o-meter is at about an 8 right now. Im guessing by the time next spring rolls around it will crescendo into the 9/10 range.

Ccon is just being provocative; many of those names refer to personae with too few appearances to even call them "characters" as such.

9.5 :up:

My only problem is Joker's look, but i still think I should see more to judge :)

I'm as excited as a virgin about to get it on for the first time!

I'd say I'm about a 7. We're a little too far out to get too excited, and the Joker pic and new Batsuit are a little less than promising.

Im excited but then again Im excited with other movies other than TDK.

Im being guarded too because I was blown away by BB because I didnt expect anything at all and I was even reading the boards and knowing too many details the way I am now with TDK.

I'd say I'm about a 7. We're a little too far out to get too excited, and the Joker pic and new Batsuit are a little less than promising.

So just because the movie's over a year away, we shouldn't be that excited? Umm...ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"