The Dark Knight How excited are you for this movie?

Honestly...I'm like a 5 right now...I going to need to see a decent teaser or a trailer to get a little more excited.

Ccon is just being provocative; many of those names refer to personae with too few appearances to even call them "characters" as such.
The Detective Chimp has appeared in over 650 comics.

So just because the movie's over a year away, we shouldn't be that excited? Umm...ok.
Well, because the movie's over a year away, we really don't have THAT much material to get us excited about it. I mean, when a movie's 3 or 6 months out, you've got scads of pictures and trailers and plot details to really tell you what the movie's about, and really get you excited about it.

Right now (and ESPECIALLY before all of these recent pics were released) there really wasn't anything to get us excited except our own desire for another Batman movie.

I'm at about a 7 which is probably as excited I could get without seeing anything huge like a trailer.

My anticpation is extremely high. The closets I've been like this is for the "I Love New York" reunion special (not kidding).

im pretty pumped right now, about a 7. after a teaser or some more official pics Ill be alot more excited

on a scale from 1 to 10, i'm an 11. the movie can't get here fast enough.

A baby could understand what I'm referring to when I say I want a more artsy fartsy style in the new batman movie. Read one of the best batman comic books and you'll get a distinctive sense of style from it. Why? Because it's meant to be that way. That's what I want from the dark knight if possible. I want it to seem like it's a comic come to life with stark contrasts and shadows used to make scenes more dramatic, not every thing lit prettymuch with one tone and fight scenes edited poorly.

Singer and others as Solid says are more artistic (artsy fartsy) directors. As ultimatefan, super best fan ever who is never wrong said, tone and feel are important.

It's true. In that sense the tone and feel of begins wasn't right for me. I want something dark, dirty, scummy, like a sewer, more epic like the comic but not pedestrian like a lot of bland offerings we get now, something like a fine sculpture or operatic shakespearian play and I want it now.

And why is constructive criticism blanketed under the "negativity" label all the time around here?

first of all, i have seen very little "constructive" critique around here. posting pics of the green goblin and steel might be funny to some but it doesnt fall under the banner of constructive.

second, begins was very artistic. nolan just prefers nuance and subtlety over flash and bombast. some of us dont like being bashed over the head. we like to think a little. and i still stand by my op that between nolan and singer, nolan is the more artistic. i mean he co authors most of his stories and scripts, and doesnt even use a second unit director. every shot in the movie was seen through his eyes first.

Well, because the movie's over a year away, we really don't have THAT much material to get us excited about it. I mean, when a movie's 3 or 6 months out, you've got scads of pictures and trailers and plot details to really tell you what the movie's about, and really get you excited about it.

Right now (and ESPECIALLY before all of these recent pics were released) there really wasn't anything to get us excited except our own desire for another Batman movie.

I'm excited at a 10 level because it's another goddamn Batman movie! Are you dense are you retar--well, you know where I'm going. :cwink: Even without teaser pics or a trailer, there's so much hype. I'm pumped! Goddamn.

Very, very, very excited. It's looking fantastic so far. But I try to keep away from all the big spoilers, I know I will succeed. I must. :(

Babs Gordon had to completely abandon the forum or succumb to the lust for spoilers yet again. She wouldn't even look with I linked the suit thread the day the EW article came out... :(

I, on the other hand, have no such willpower. 10/10. I'll read just about anything short of the script.

Presently, my excitement is usually around a 4-5 range, but then I take a look at some pics, as well as some of the better made fanmade TDK trailers on YouTube and it goes up a few digits. :)

first of all, i have seen very little "constructive" critique around here. posting pics of the green goblin and steel might be funny to some but it doesnt fall under the banner of constructive.

A little trollnig never hurt anybody.

second, begins was very artistic. nolan just prefers nuance and subtlety over flash and bombast. some of us dont like being bashed over the head. we like to think a little. and i still stand by my op that between nolan and singer, nolan is the more artistic. i mean he co authors most of his stories and scripts, and doesnt even use a second unit director. every shot in the movie was seen through his eyes first.

gotta be kidding me. What subtelty? Everything was prettymuch shown or explained about batman in detail, while fear was inserted into nearly every scene, then we got that exposition guy telling us the train would blow etc...

come on. :huh:

at least solid knows how it is. Nolan's competent, but he won't win prizes for beautifuly artistic (Not bombast, even though that's exactly what most of begins was, and flash which is all the battle tank stuff and last act was) imagery, not at the level of what ang lee, singer, donner, burton, have accomplished unless he really changes his style for dark knight.

Do a jesus pose, batman, then get back to me.

Nolan's competent, but he won't win prizes for beautifuly artistic (Not bombast, even though that's exactly what most of begins was, and flash which is all the battle tank stuff and last act was) imagery, not at the level of what ang lee, singer, donner, burton, have accomplished unless he really changes his style for dark knight.

Do a jesus pose, batman, then get back to me.

the last thing we need is more christ comparisons in modern cinema. its been done to death. so please, no.

and as far as subtlety i primarily meant visually. their cinematography is subtle when compared to the likes of burton, raimi, or even shoemaker

to say nolan and his d.p. wally pfister havent reached the level of those you mentioned betrays your knowledge of film my friend. and they have been nominated for a number of awards for "artistic imagery" (its called cinematography) including an oscar nod for a little movie called BATMAN BEGINS so i really dont know where you get that statement. i mean he based the visual mood on blade runner for kirby's sake. its very distinct and if anything their style could be most closely compared to dick donner and his work with geoffrey unsworth. i still think alot of the shots in returns looked ****e due to the digital genesis camera they used and nolan and co get alot of points for shooting with film.

try film 101 maybe?

I said a seven. Before all of these pictures and set reports and plot details started coming out, it was a ten. The horrible look of the Joker, the bad new Batsuit, and a lot of the supposed things with the Joker about him applying his own makeup and such has lowered it a few notches. I'm still excited because Begins was great and there are just so many talented people behind this , but I'm not liking what I'm hearing and seeing.

Besides, if I don't like this, I'll still have Watchmen and the next Superman and a whole lot of other movies to look forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"