Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of this post is the revelation that Stan Lee did Pizza Man, but he couldn't be bothered to do the new Fantastic Four.
:funny:

I'm thinking Trank is going to be the new Pizza Man.

So I Finally had the stomach to check this out, and OMG
DOOM just fails on every level and that was not Fox reshoots
IT WAS ALL TRANK looks just like the leaked pic
Atrocious

I didn't think that the movie was bad but instead very short. It just seemed like there was a lot more to the movie that wasn't shown. It seemed incomplete other than that I did like it.

The kid at the science fair who ended up with a wrecked toyplane because of Reed's experiment.

So if kids call him a dick because he wrecked their toy plane, then what will they call him when they see he's wrecked their franchise? :o

So if kids call him a dick because he wrecked their toy plane, then what will they call him when they see he's wrecked their franchise? :o

I would answer that, but I don't want to be banned again. :o

saw it last night
there's a good idea in there somewhere but it was ignored or forgotten about instantly when the cameras started rolling

it felt like an incomplete movie aswell, poor characterizations aswell, especially doom and ben

5/10

I was skimming through my copy of Origins of Marvel Comics, and saw that the FF were originally located in Central City. And then I hear that Central City is referenced in the movie. What an odd specific detail from the comics to include, especially when so little is adhered to. I consider myself a fairly versed FF fan, and I wouldn't have gotten the Central City reference if I hadn't just happened to read that old ish.

I was skimming through my copy of Origins of Marvel Comics, and saw that the FF were originally located in Central City. And then I hear that Central City is referenced in the movie. What an odd specific detail from the comics to include, especially when so little is adhered to. I consider myself a fairly versed FF fan, and I wouldn't have gotten the Central City reference if I hadn't just happened to read that old ish.
When I heard it, I was suddenly thinking of CW's Flash, TBH.

That's a good article. Pretty much what my opinion on the matter is. Both parties are at fault.

I literally went to grab a bag of this:

810221738-8.jpg

This shall indeed be good.

People who still want to level all the blame at FOX need to read this

Trank's an idiot who was in way over his head. FOX has absolutely no excuse.

As Fox hurried to put the project into production before rights to the material reverted to Marvel, the studio was scrambling with multiple rewrites and delays in starting the film. They "were afraid of losing the rights so they pressed forward and didn't surround [Trank] with help or fire him. They buried their heads in the sand." Fox declined to comment.

It's nice to see the trades catching up to what folks on these boards have been saying for years. If it walks and talks like a rights grab, then that's what it probably is.

Modern. Day. Ashcan. Copy.

Free the Four! Screw Fox.

Days before Fantastic Four opened, director Josh Trank sent an email to some members of the cast and crew to say he was proud of the film, which, he wrote, was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made."

"I don't think so," responded one castmember.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Bets on it being Teller. And this shows how Trank's tweet really was just about trying to protect his own butt from negative reviews if days before he was saying it was great.

Several sources say Fox stood by Trank as he pushed a gloomy tone on young stars Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell. "During takes, he would be telling [castmembers] when to blink and when to breathe," one person says. "He kept pushing them to make the performance as flat as possible."

That poor cast and they were filming this monstrosity for about a year including re-shoots. Then they have to go out and promote it - all smiles - and on the day of it's release Trank throws the movie under the bus.

You think this movie could work as a TV pilot?

Some highlights from that article:

-Josh Trank has hired pit bull lawyer Marty Singer to help him

-After Trank's dogs caused hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage the landlord moved to evict him. Trank responded by defacing all of the landlord's family photos. The landlord filed a lawsuit against Trank that was settled.

-The idea for a darker F4 came from the studio.

-After being evicted Trank spent most of his time hiding in a black tent somewhere in Baton Rouge.

-Trank emailed cast and crew a week ago to tell them how great the movie was. A cast member disagreed.

-Drew Goddard did some uncredited writing and maybe even directing on the movie.

-The studio put together a high level think tank to help save the movie.

-The studio was furious over the Trank tweet and everyone agreed his first cut was a disaster.

Days before Fantastic Four opened, director Josh Trank sent an email to some members of the cast and crew to say he was proud of the film, which, he wrote, was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made."

"I don't think so," responded one castmember.
That's hilarious.

Trank just keeps making himself sound classier and classier... really? defacing photos?

Oh yeah Trank sounds like a really good guy who was being bullied by mean FOX :o

You know the funny thing is as much as people are going at Teller for being a *****e and having a punchable face..I'd rather 3 piece Trank.

I mean the movie is whatever, but he just sounds like an a**hole. Defacing someone's family photos (although I would've hid them)?

i still dont understand how three dogs can cause $100,000 in damage unless they chewed on some water pipes or something. this has to be one of the most bizarre stories i've ever read...

I don't know much about dogs but I don't think dog's teeth are that strong to rip through water pipes.

I think the dog story is complete bull or maybe the dogs may have done some damage but no way they did a full 100k of damage unless the house has a lot of antiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"