Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there going to be a poll for this movie or what?

Yeah, RIGHT. What director would be stupid and masochistic enough to inherit this baggage? :loco:
That's what I was thinking. Especially when Fox was unable to find a director who wanted the job before Trank mucked everything up.

While this fake-hair snafu might sound like one of the film's many problems, I actually found it sort of endearing. This is an awfully quiet, airless movie, and after a few dour punch lines in the early going, there's little intentional entertainment to be had. Eventually, I began to regard Mara's Reshoots Wig as kind of a lifeline: Every time I found myself wondering why the characters never went outside or why Jamie Bell and Michael B. Jordan had virtually no lines in their big mainstream superhero movie, I could count on that Reshoots Wig to pop up somewhere and make me laugh.

Even if there's a sequel(which I strongly doubt there will be), I don't think some of the cast would even return with Trank not being involved. Apparently Trank fought hard to have Teller cast and we all know why MBJ was cast.

Allegedly Trank and Teller ended up hating each other once they actually worked together.

The cast probably doesn't want Trank back. If anything, they should want out because doing a sequel to this is like admitting your career is taking a dangerous turn to Frankie Muniz territory.

While this fake-hair snafu might sound like one of the film's many problems, I actually found it sort of endearing. This is an awfully quiet, airless movie, and after a few dour punch lines in the early going, there's little intentional entertainment to be had. Eventually, I began to regard Mara's Reshoots Wig as kind of a lifeline: Every time I found myself wondering why the characters never went outside or why Jamie Bell and Michael B. Jordan had virtually no lines in their big mainstream superhero movie, I could count on that Reshoots Wig to pop up somewhere and make me laugh.

This is gold.

Remember when they were holed up in Baton Rouge filming in that warehouse and not one set photo leaked?

Allegedly Trank and Teller ended up hating each other once they actually worked together.

The cast probably doesn't want Trank back. If anything, they should want out because doing a sequel to this is like admitting your career is taking a dangerous turn to Frankie Muniz territory.

Between the Esquire dick article, That Awkward Moment, Divergent, and now Fant-for-stick I'm kind of thinking Teller's career is not on an upward trend. He may want to talk to his agent about that sequel.

If there is ever another FOX FF movie then they better pray they get a popular or successful director because I could see a lot of actor's agents telling their clients to not sign up for a Fox FF movie.

Between the Esquire dick article, That Awkward Moment, Divergent, and now Fant-for-stick I'm kind of thinking Teller's career is not on an upward trend. He may want to talk to his agent about that sequel.

Teller's career is fine. I don't know why people harp on this
Divergent series. He's not the main character so I don't think that's a big deal.
That Awkward Moment, 21&Over= Theyre not well liked. I didn't like them anyways, but theyre forgettable

FFINO is the first major major blemish. He starred in it, was prominent in the marketing, people didn't like it, and it's a box office disappointment. In addition to that, fanboys will never let it go, until a good FF movie is released and even then some will still bring it up.

He has the boxing movie Bleed for This, Arms and the Dude with Jonah Hill and director of The Hangover Todd Phillips.
And he's gotten praise for so many other movies like Rabbit Hole, Spectacular Now, and last year's Whiplash.

And the whole thing about the Esquire article is stupid. I agree he came off as a major *****e in itBut is that going to hurt his career really? No. Unless he starts doing some serious dick things like: being unprofessional onset, abusing women, getting into public fights he'll be fine. Although I did say that the Esquire article did remind me of Shia LaBeouf back in the day and he's turned out pretty bad

If Bleed for This and Arms and the Dudes are bad and don't make money I would start to worry. But for now he's fine. People are rushing to conclusions

And that goes for the rest of the cast too. They'll all be fine. This barely will affect them

Last edited:

Wasn't someone calling Reed Richards a dick in this movie? I forget who.

This is gold.

Remember when they were holed up in Baton Rouge filming in that warehouse and not one set photo leaked?

Offhand there was a street racing scene which from which no photos appeared and there was also an announcement about a street closure for something being filmed, which again had no photos appear from it. But yeah, apart from that it was all filmed at the Celtic Centre where they did the green screen and the Louisiana State University Medical Centre which was the Labs and Area 57.

I edited the post:
Teller's career is fine. I don't know why people harp on this

Divergent series= He's not the main character so I don't think that's a big deal. And I think once the final movies are released people are going to forget about the whole series anyways.
That Awkward Moment, 21&Over= Theyre not well liked. I didn't like them anyways, but theyre forgettable

FFINO is the first major major blemish. He starred in it, was prominent in the marketing, people didn't like it, and it's a box office disappointment. In addition to that, fanboys will never let it go, until a good FF movie is released and even then some will still bring it up.

He has the boxing movie Bleed for This, Arms and the Dude with Jonah Hill and director of The Hangover Todd Phillips.
And he's gotten praise for so many other movies like Rabbit Hole, Spectacular Now, and last year's Whiplash.

And the whole thing about the Esquire article is stupid. I agree he came off as a major *****e in itBut is that going to hurt his career really? No. Unless he starts doing some serious dick things like: being unprofessional onset, abusing women, getting into public fights he'll be fine. Although I did say that the Esquire article did remind me of Shia LaBeouf back in the day and he's turned out pretty bad

If Bleed for This and Arms and the Dudes are bad and don't make money I would start to worry. But for now he's fine. People are rushing to conclusions

And that goes for the rest of the cast too. They'll all be fine. This barely will affect them

Last edited:
I think most directors would give any Fox FF film a wide berth now. It's was a career staller for Story (he is getting by fine with smaller flicks these days), and I can't see Trank doing a big studio film again any time soon (if at all).

Be it a seasoned pro or an up and comer, they'd be wiser to stay the hell away from Fox's 4.

Teller's career is fine.

All these actors will be fine.

Every actor does a terrible movie every once in a while.

Ben Affleck has survived a number of bombs like Runner Runner and Gigli.

All these actors will be fine.

Every actor does a terrible movie every once in a while.

Ben Affleck has survived a number of bombs like Runner Runner and Gigli.

Exactly. That's exactly what I said. I don't get why people think otherwise

Divergent series. He's not the main character so I don't think that's a big deal.

FFINO is the first major major blemish. He starred in it, was prominent in the marketing, people didn't like it, and it's a box office disappointment.

I thought people just liked Teller in Whiplash cause of the slap scene? :oldrazz:

Yeah he's been in some good flicks. Hopefully he'll just start picking better projects in the future.

Speaking of Frankie Muniz, he was also a superhero:

maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1629766/

The only person who's career is probably going to hurt from this Trank.

Fox is just clearly trying to save face... and maybe bluff yet again to not seem weak... they're just trying to get a better deal out of marvel. Itd be stupid to continue this franchise

Exactly. PR 101, project confidence even in the face of a clusterf***.

There's no way they've already decided to move on a sequel, they're probably only started discussions yesterday (after waiting to see what the weeekend #'s actually were) about what to do next.

While all that goes on behind the scenes, "we fully intend to make a sequel" is the line they're going with publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"