Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for less than 20 mil.

All hinges on how fast word travels with the GA, and if ppl are even paying attention to everything that's being said.

I've done my part informing folks I know.

Last edited:
Or you know, just go outside and enjoy the Summer.

I just saw the movie. Obviously not the greatest movie of all time but I enjoyed the ride.

The idea that FF was cancelled because Marvel was 'pissed' at Fox for taking a dump on the cinematic version is extra grilled BS. They cancelled it because the FF just wasn't selling.

No corporation in their right mind would willingly stop making profits. .

Think about what your saying though: Over the last 10 years with (now) three FF films, what exactly has FOX done to encourage comic book sales for the FF? If the first two films had been successful hits, trust me, folks would have had either a renewed or brand new interest in the Fantastic Four and the books would have been relevant again. FOX's cinematic treatment of the FF has had a direct impact on the comics' sales decline, just as Marvel Studio's multi-billion franchises have boosted the book sales for those heroes.

The movie didn't do much for me.... but then again I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews. I doubt I will be watching it again.

Think about what your saying though: Over the last 10 years with (now) three FF films, what exactly has FOX done to encourage comic book sales for the FF? If the first two films had been successful hits, trust me, folks would have had either a renewed or brand new interest in the Fantastic Four and the books would have been relevant again. FOX's cinematic treatment of the FF has had a direct impact on the comics' sales decline, just as Marvel Studio's multi-billion franchises have boosted the book sales for those heroes.
I disagree. Movies rarely move comic book sales up significant figures. Which is why Marvel never tries to sync 616 with the MCU to any essential degree. Because it would alienate their core base without a significant enough boost to offset it.

Individual graphic novels like 300, Sin City, and Watchmen are different. They did receive boosts. But on going comic books don't.

Or how about a parallel universe where MCU already has the FF?

I wish I lived in a parallel universe where this movie doesn't exist...

But even though it doesn't exist there...

MBJ-2_zpsnpbk2gov.gif

DAMN! Way to blame the studio on opening night, Josh!

Oh my god. He breaks the silence. I'm am not willing to jump on Trank because we just don't know whether he messed it up from the beginning or whether it was Fox that came in a destroyed it.

Looks like Trank is ok with burning bridges

Someone get him off Twitter before he completely ruins his career

No. Keep him talking. I'm not here for anything less than complete madness.

His career was already ruined. He might be welcomed with open arms at syfy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"