• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four: 3...Greenlit!

I don't blame Tim, I blame the studio. If you can get someone like Favreau, who has only done goofy comedies in my eyes to do Iron Man, Tim Story doing FF doesn't seem that far-fetched. Fanboys were just griping anyway as soon as he was announced and weren't willing to give him a chance from jump street.

Wasn't Tim Story against Galactus being a humanoid for and for him being a ****ing cloud? Didn't Tim Story say something about a big guy in a purple suit would look to silly?

I'm glad they're not doing another one, they (the studio and Tim Story) screwed up both Dr Doom and Galactus.

Galactus, got turned into a storm cloud, a friggen storm cloud, Jack Kirby must've been rolling around in his grave. Tim Story and the studio pissed all over his grave.

Marvel's iconic #1 villain that was suppossed to rival Darth Vader got reduced to a pansy, p-whupped, jealous businessman. The 1994 Corman Doom was more faithful and menacing, hell, even the videogame cutscene from Ultimate Alliance captured classic Doom.

Marco.... Polo

Let's all go for a spin!

ugh

Hopefully Marvel can get the rights back. :)

No Fantastic Four 3, you say?

PARTY TIME!!!!!

:up:

No Marvel won't get the rights back. You can forget that. Unless Silver Surfer fails. Silver Surfer films and spin-off's extend the rights long enough to restart the FF franchise in 5-10.

No Marvel won't get the rights back. You can forget that. Unless Silver Surfer fails. Silver Surfer films and spin-off's extend the rights long enough to restart the FF franchise in 5-10.

Eh let fox restart the franchise with another director and new cast after 8-10. Although i won't mind if chris evans is back.

For now I am looking forward to silver surfer spinoff.

Then lets pray Silver Surfer fails. :up:

They need to recast the whole thing and start from scratch. Leaving one person in isn't good. Wipe it clean. The Silver Surfer film is a good way to go for now. If Fox is smart it won't be one story over one film but one story over 3 films. Having a separate storyline for each film with nothing to really truly tie it all together kind of sucks. Next time around make The Thing in CGI which was a huge mistake in the last 2 films. He looked like a guy overburdened by a heavy suit that was strong as hell but could barely walk. LOL

Edit: The Silver Surfer film could be really awesome and though I'd love nothing more than for marvel to get those rights back...I don't want it to fail.

Then lets pray Silver Surfer fails.

That I won't pray for. I already know Dragonball's going to be a failure with Fox behind it. I don't need another concept I like failing spectacularly.

Then lets pray Silver Surfer fails. :up:

no no no no no no :cmad:

If silver surfer fails then we will never ever get silver surfer even if marvel gets back the rights.

I hope that all those silver surfer fans who were mad that galactus wasn't that awesome galactus they wanted can go and support it if they get their galactus.

Not very surprised by the news really since there's been almost zero development on the sequel.FF2 wasn't the success it was hoped to be and the studio doesn't seem to have made any attempts to even sign up the Story and writers for a followup.:o

Though not as bad as people make it out to be the FF films aren't held in high regard by fans and the general public.A big part of the blame lies with Fox....AvP3 here we come!!:dry:

That I won't pray for. I already know Dragonball's going to be a failure with Fox behind it. I don't need another concept I like failing spectacularly.

lol

You do realize that silver surfer is being done by fox. But so far their choice for scripwriter is easily 100 times better than the one for dragonball.

Please don't remind me about AVP3. I'm hoping they'll finally give up on both franchises after this last one, or at least do a direct-to-DVD to save us from more horrible Salerno ideas put up on the big screen.

You do realize that silver surfer is being done by fox.

That doesn't mean I can't hope for the best. Dragonball, however, is already being made. From what I've seen, it's looking to be the next Fantastic Four. I'm giving up on it while the going's good.

Not surprised at this news at all, though i am sure Advanced Dark is :cwink:.

The 2nd movie just wasnt successful or good enough to deserve a sequel, i mean, 88 for a SS/Galactus movie? Ridiculous, my only worry now is how they will screw up SS, or will they actually let the director make the movie this time.

Not very surprised by the news really since there's been almost zero development on the sequel.FF2 wasn't the success it was hoped to be and the studio doesn't seem to have made any attempts to even sign up the Story and writers for a followup.:o

Though not as bad as people make it out to be the FF films aren't held in high regard by fans and the general public.A big part of the blame lies with Fox....AvP3 here we come!!:dry:
You never know what can happen.

Sometimes these things just take time. you can't rush right into it.

I think your wrong about general public not liking them.

Sure uptight fanboyts but just about everyone else likes them.

Considering the box office I'm not surprised at all. The first film was medicore and not a good foundation for a franchise. The 2nd one was a great film to me mainly cause of the Silver Surfer. The Thing was always wrong being a man in a suit, there was never chemistry between Alba and Ioan, and only Evans and Chiklis personality made up for the moments without The Silver Surfer. Fox never had confidence in this franchise from day 1 and didn't want to put in it what was needed it to raise it to the level of where it should be. There's no reason a Fantastic Four movie can't make 250-300 million domsestic. No reason at all if they make it as they could have.

If you were to recast the characters who would you choose if you could not use any of the existing members. Jeremy Irons for Doom damnit!

I don't know why people are so hell bent against this?

Its this simple you don't like it don't see it. Plain as that.

The main thing is the excessive amount of negativity spread across the internet everywhere.

Considering the box office I'm not surprised at all. The first film was medicore and not a good foundation for a franchise. The 2nd one was a great film to me mainly cause of the Silver Surfer. The Thing was always wrong being a man in a suit, there was never chemistry between Alba and Ioan, and only Evans and Chiklis personality made up for the moments without The Silver Surfer. Fox never had confidence in this franchise from day 1 and didn't want to put in it what was needed it to raise it to the level of where it should be. There's no reason a Fantastic Four movie can't make 250-300 million domsestic. No reason at all if they make it as they could have.

If you were to recast the characters who would you choose if you could not use any of the existing members. Jeremy Irons for Doom damnit!

I could have swore a few months back you saying Fox is guaranteed to make another one. Were you not saying this?

Yes and I do guarantee it Fox will make another Fantastic Four movie. However clearly the SS movie comes first. It might not be Fantastic Four 3 though. It could be a restart picture down the line but Fox will not give up the rights and no way they can keep making Silver Surfer films forever to keep the FF rights. I suggested Fox got all of those actors on the "cheap" since they really were not big names or proven box office stars so they "should" take advantage of that and finish out their contracts with one more film. They have until 2011 to get it out with those actors. Fox will never give up these rights. Hell even if Silver Surfer failed they'd probably regroup and restart Fantastic 4 in some form. So if SS is 2009/2010. If they want the same cast they'd have to release FF3 in 2011, or they could wait until 2012-2013 to restart it at the latest without any other related films in between.

Yes but sometimes you just gotta say F the haters and continue on!

If everyone listend to everyone nothing would ever get made.

I agree when they're in the minority but it's not only the fan haters but it's also the movie websites. Not just one but almost everyone. The box office went down from FF1 to FF2 and it was a superior film in most people's eyes. That trend coupled with the extreme negativity might be too risky when they can just do a SS movie now. What I wonder is if Fox's films are so poorly recieved and given so much negative attention is there something in the contract with Marvel that says if a studio damages the image of the characters then the rights revert. LOL

Well if other people listen to a website about a movie but well sorry there frreaking morons for not having their own opinons.

Its like pepple are so dumb they rely on a website to them tell what to see.

I hate those kind of people without a mind of there own doing what others tell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"