• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four: 3...Greenlit!

Well, I hope they make it a darker toned movie. I think making a dark tempo will do it some justice not the way it is now. The movies so far have suffered from subpar acting,CGI(sorry human tourch is iffy iffy to me far as CGI),and not much story or action..
I know that sounds like alot,but it needs more action. Less talk,needs more emotion to it. Just find a suitable enemy(or two) and let it all hang out. I was a tad disappointed with SS,I thought they should of had a couple of big battles with him.
Things they should/could do make FF3 better:
1. Darker Tone
a. Action action,and more action
b. Gritier look to movie,maybe different camera angels/types(darker color tones of costumes/backrounds)
c. Less cheesier dialog's,stop with all the one liners its too cliche.

2. CGI
a. the Thing,bout time he is made CGI instead of whatever hes made out of.
b. Human Tourch; little more realistic lookin. I don't buy the way he looks now

3. Story
a. Darker theme,get away from the kiddie stuff.
b. Less one-liners
c. More emotion from each FF memeber; ya HT is the comedy relief which is okay,but needs a little tone down.

4. Acting
a. Its been subpar imo. I would'nt be opposed to changing out the actors(ya, I hate it when they change a key character,but I think its warrented in this movie)
b. HT;hes okay would keep him
c. RR; hes okay,but possible replacement would be okay with me.
d. The Thing; I would replace the actor needs someone else
e. Invisible women; I love alba,however it wouldn't kill me if they changed actress.
f. Dr.Doom; I would like to have the actor be replaced I just don't care for him at all. His voice is annoying as hell..
I know im not the biggest FF4 fan and don't know much bout their history,but this franchise has potential to be decent(not great). They need a villain to push them to the brink of emotional/physical breakdown. So far, the studio hasn't done that with Doom or Silver Surfer...

^ I'm not so sure. How well did the South Park, Sponge Bob or Beavis and Butthead films do? The Simpsons have been around much longer but it's also getting old... though and the trailers look funny but I'd guess 55-60 million tops for the Simpsons.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

More like $55-60 million for two days only in it's first weekend.

I totally nailed it on this one.

How much more cinematic torture will he have to endure? Good lord, Rise of the Silver Surfer was just as bad as Batman and Robin.

This story was on the front page over at joblo

Alba talks FF3

"Apparently, while we're all wanting to see Galactus kick some fantastic ass, all Jessica Alba is interested in seeing her character up against is - wait for it - motherhood. Maybe being a guy I just don't understand how scary that is. Anyway, talking to MTV, Alba told the dudes over there that in the next flick, “[I’d like to see] little Franklin running around,”

I guess it's not that bad an idea, especially when - as MTV put it - [COLOR=#80000]the son of Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, Franklin Richards is one of the most powerful heroes in the “Marvel” galaxy, an Omega-Level mutant able to manipulate reality itself. Unlike most mutants, Franklin develops his powers early due to the cosmic radiation passed on from his parents.[/COLOR]

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Galactus or Franklin Richards? Or maybe someone else? "

Well, I hope they make it a darker toned movie. I think making a dark tempo will do it some justice not the way it is now. The movies so far have suffered from subpar acting,CGI(sorry human tourch is iffy iffy to me far as CGI),and not much story or action..
I know that sounds like alot,but it needs more action. Less talk,needs more emotion to it. Just find a suitable enemy(or two) and let it all hang out. I was a tad disappointed with SS,I thought they should of had a couple of big battles with him.
Things they should/could do make FF3 better:
1. Darker Tone
a. Action action,and more action
b. Gritier look to movie,maybe different camera angels/types(darker color tones of costumes/backrounds)
c. Less cheesier dialog's,stop with all the one liners its too cliche.

3. Story
a. Darker theme,get away from the kiddie stuff.
b. Less one-liners
c. More emotion from each FF memeber; ya HT is the comedy relief which is okay,but needs a little tone down.

Have you ever read a FF comic..very few of their stories are dark

Watch Anthony Anderson is cast as Moooooooole Man!

I was thinking more along the lines of doing the Submariner

Namor is at Universal and might revert back to Marvel soon if they dont' get it done. Fox will never have it.

What I want in FF3.

-Dr.Doom is gone he's been over used and failed both times,
-Keep the cast
-Get rid of Tim Story
-More action
-2hr. 20mins. running time
-Darker tone
-No Barbie Sue Storm
-CGI Thing
-Less corny jokes

What I want in FF3.

-Keep the cast
-Get rid of Tim Story
-More action
-Darker tone
-No Barbie Sue Storm
-CGI Thing
-Less corny jokes

I can agree with most....

I would be happy with a 2 hour movie, hell I would be happy with an hour and 45 minute movie at this point....

And a CGI enhanced Thing, but not full CGI..........

I wouldn't mind a complete CGI Thing if its done like the Hulk.

What I want in FF3.

-Keep the cast
-Get rid of Tim Story
-More action
-Darker tone
-No Barbie Sue Storm
-CGI Thing
-Less corny jokes

LOL

I think the only one of those you actually have a chance at seeing in FF3 is more action.

We're not gonna see a 2 hour and 20 minute PG Fanatastic Four movie. It's gotta be 2 hours or under to make the young kids the film is targeted at interested in seeing it more than once. They also have to move the release date out of the crowded Summer so it's not cannibilized.

What I want in FF3.

-Keep the cast
-Get rid of Tim Story
-More action
-Darker tone
-No Barbie Sue Storm
-CGI Thing
-Less corny jokes

I agree with everything except I don't really mind prostetic Thing. I would only want CGI if it would look believable and in most cases it won't. Oh yeah, you forgot one. PG-13. Doesn't have to be too mature just not super watered down as a PG film.

I can agree with most....

I would be happy with a 2 hour movie, hell I would be happy with an hour and 45 minute movie at this point....

And a CGI enhanced Thing, but not full CGI..........

I hope most people realize that Chicklis has outright said he will not play the Thing if he was a CGI character. And he was one of the best things about the first two movies.

We're not gonna see a 2 hour and 20 minute PG Fanatastic Four movie. It's gotta be 2 hours or under to make the young kids the film is targeted at interested in seeing it more than once. They also have to move the release date out of the crowded Summer so it's not cannibilized.

Well LOTR had good repeat business, and Pirates, 2 hour run times are not arbiters of BO, and the kiddies don't just come back because it is under two hours. Moms and dads bring them back because they say I want to see that again. Apparently this was not the case. Did you not see the 60+ second weekend drop, the highest of the drops this summer in the face of Evan Almighty which underperformed.

It don't have to be under 2 1/2 hours, Fox's logic is flawed, what you have to do is make a good movie that has great crossover appeal and the kids will endure it. And why should the movie be targeted at the kiddies alone. That is a mistake I think.

No one comes back to a movie because they think oh "it was bland but it was under 2 hours" I gotta see it again, not even the kiddies.

Fox tried that and it did not work. The run time was shorter than the first and it made less money, and it was not only because of the crowded summer. It had a good slot and still underperformed cause it could not hold up to the other big guns.

I saw night at the museum but had no desire to see it again, but the kiddies did, but FF has a different target audience than that, it really is more broad based and that is where the negative backlash is coming from cause those guys are not pleased with the movies they are getting.

It is time to face the music. Make a better film that has good crossover appeal and is faithful to the source.

If they can't do that it will not matter what the running time is.

Albafan said her kids felt it was over before it built up to a climactic ending, they said oh was that it.

That is how I felt when I left the movie. Like I was eating a tasty sandwich but someone ripped half of it out of my hand.

That usually sucks with me.

What I want in FF3.

-Keep the cast
-Get rid of Tim Story
-More action
-Darker tone
-No Barbie Sue Storm
-CGI Thing
-Less corny jokes

BULLSEYE ! .....RIGHT ON TARGET !

Totally agree with all your points.
:word:

I agree too except it doesn't need to be 2hr20min and Story did a solid job directing the sequel. A good improvement over part 1. This cast won't be resigned again if part 3 makes similar #'s to 2. Fox will do the Spin-Off thing with the Silver Surfer and then restart it. My guess.

Don't the current slate of actors have a 3 picture deal in place? I that was said at the beginning of the first F4.

I have two hopes for the third flick. Either the Skrulls with the Super Skrull or the Frightful Four.

Don't the current slate of actors have a 3 picture deal in place? I that was said at the beginning of the first F4.

Yea and someone said an option for a 4th but I never heard that. Even Doug who started in the 2nd film is signed for more than one. Doesn't mean they have to use them but they got them and the rights on the cheap so why not.

I hope most people realize that Chicklis has outright said he will not play the Thing if he was a CGI character. And he was one of the best things about the first two movies.

Chiklis was in the second movie....??????

He said that before the first film. He might feel differently now if it makes it easier for him to do multiple projects at once. I'd rather have a CGI Thing with Chiklis voice. I think most fans would like that instead of having The Thing shorter than all the other cast members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"