Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Early estimate for the weekend: $235,000 (-47%). It dropped 321 theaters to 355. That puts its domestic total around $55,721,819.

I miss all the FFINO defenders. Its been quite dull around here lately.

Surprisingly I really like/loved this movie when I saw it, but I also wanted it to fail because this property would be much better served at Marvel Studios, if that makes sense. Not to mention that a Trank-directed sequel is as likely as a Vic Morrow-starring Twilight Zone movie.

You kind of have to love their logic. Don't badmouth a movie before you see it, then after you see it and it's in fact terrible, leave the forum and never talk about it again. So... you never ever talk about a movie being bad???

That's ridiculous. Did any of them say before that if the movie is bad they will admit as much? I don't remember if they did. But if so, then none of them made good on that promise but just buried their heads in the sand.

Early estimate for the weekend: $235,000 (-47%). It dropped 321 theaters to 355. That puts its domestic total around $55,721,819.

Or about Ant-Man's Friday total.

I didn't really mind the "FOX First" types. They were consistent and committed to the cause. I did have a problem with those who would jump into the thread, inform us that they didn't care at all about the FF, and proceed to label every FFINO realist a racist.

But the FFINO defenders all thought we worked for Disney. Several hundred employees of theirs on a message board posting instead of getting on with our work, and all these additional Disney employees who joined the company once FFINO came out. They really know how to solve the unemployment problem. :o

This thread is for discussing the box office of the FF movie...NOT for attacking people who didn't share your opinion of it.

FF added another $14,052 on Monday. The quarterback is toast.

I was hoping the global box office for this abomination would be less than the domestic for the reviled 2005 version. Oh well. Guess I'll have to settle for it making less than half of the first's films global receipts.

I was hoping the global box office for this abomination would be less than the domestic for the reviled 2005 version. Oh well. Guess I'll have to settle for it making less than half of the first's films global receipts.

Maybe I can cheer you up some. Its total domestic receipts are less the the domestic opening week for either, earlier, FF movies (I kind of liked the reviled FF from 2005 and this one is making the earlier ones look like Casablanca).

Even with the dramatic growth in OS movie revenue over the last 10 years, if you adjust for inflation, I think you'll find that the WW total did in fact come in below the DOM total.

So, fill up the other half of that glass you're holding! :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Maybe I can cheer you up some. Its total domestic receipts are less the the domestic opening week for either, earlier, FF movies (I kind of liked the reviled FF from 2005 and this one is making the earlier ones look like Casablanca).

Even with the dramatic growth in OS movie revenue over the last 10 years, if you adjust for inflation, I think you'll find that the WW total did in fact come in below the DOM total.

So, fill up the other half of that glass you're holding! :oldrazz:

Well I'll toast to that! :woot:

Looks like it may be done. FF isn't showing up on the early weekend projections at boxoffice.com or on the theater counts at mojo. Fox may have just stopped reporting numbers but even if that's the case it can't be left in many theaters. Last known domestic total: $55,778,154.

Looks like it may be done. FF isn't showing up on the early weekend projections at boxoffice.com or on the theater counts at mojo. Fox may have just stopped reporting numbers but even if that's the case it can't be left in many theaters. Last known domestic total: $55,778,154.

If the LA area is any indication, I think you're right. It has 4 screens in the LA Metropolitan area that I can find. One out near Pasadena, then east in Norwalk and La Mirada and then way out in Simi Valley. The closest is about 25 miles away from West LA. For those of you who don't know, the Los Angeles metropolitan area encompasses almost 5,000 square miles and has about 13 million residents. In other words, it's kinda big and FF has 4 screens.

EDIT: The above is the Urbanized Metro Area. The larger area has over 18 million people and encompasses almost 35,000 square miles.

The theaters clearly didn't take my advice and rent their theaters by the hour. Too bad; they could have made some money.

I'm gonna miss this thread.

Last edited:
Fant4stic just started its discount run in my area. It's on one screen in this state, five showings a day @ $3.50 per ticket. Second-run theaters are 4stic's last hope of making more than FF '05's OW. :lmao:

I can't even find it anywhere in my state, although I'm sure it's around somewhere....

IT'S ALIVE! Finally showed upon the weekend actuals:

Fantastic Four (2015) $137,034 -40% 219 -136 $626 $55,915,188 8 Fox

Only a 40% drop, look at those legs finally kick in! lol

I wouldn't say it's alive----I think those are just "death rattles'

Well $56 mil will be the end point---it just doesn't have the screens or the time to reach $57.

$71k this past weekend, officially taking it's domestic total to $56,029,183. And yeah, that should about do it.

Let's all, again, take a moment to appreciate that Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has in it's entire domestic run.
I'm going to type that again because it's good fun: Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has made in it's entire domestic run.

Let's all, again, take a moment to appreciate that Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has in it's entire domestic run.
I'm going to type that again because it's good fun: Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has made in it's entire domestic run.

tumblr_m3sjym2f6w1ru799go1_500.gif

Plus everyone thought Ant-Man was going to be really doinky because it switched directors really close to production and had last-minute rewrites yet it ended up getting 80% on RT, meanwhile Flopt4stic is at 9%...

$71k this past weekend, officially taking it's domestic total to $56,029,183. And yeah, that should about do it.

Didn't they at one point lower it to around that total for their opening weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"