Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Still, the point remains....where would Fox's Marvel studio franchise be without Jackman? Or Singer?

My point is that they aren't really on very solid ground even now. Unlike Disney/Marvel, this could tip either way very easily.

Look, if people think there is no one else out there that can do a fantastic Xmen and replace Jackman then you are smoking big time. Singer has never impressed me, his films just didn't suck but that doesn't mean he got it right. Apocalypse looks like ***** period and I could go on but why bother.

If FOX would get the bad place outta the way and let a director and his team work a great Xmen film can be made. Unfortunately at this point Fox's track record is garbage. No director no matter how good would be able to pull off a good Xfilm because of Fox's meddling. F4 is a prime example. Trank and his vision was a horrible failure. Unless someone like Cameron or Nolan or a director with clout we'll never get an awesome Xmen film. I'm not worried about F4, that property is going back to Marvel, rather they sell it back or Marvel waits them out for 7 years it's going back.

Good result for the movie whom had alienate the fans from day 1 announcement. Fox were actually lucky DOFP last year was a hit, if it underperformed ipthen it could ne just loke ASM 2.
Deadpool and X-Men Apocalypse will certainly becme a hit. But Gambit had a chance to be the next flop movie from X-franchise

Look, if people think there is no one else out there that can do a fantastic Xmen and replace Jackman then you are smoking big time. Singer has never impressed me, his films just didn't suck but that doesn't mean he got it right. Apocalypse looks like ***** period and I could go on but why bother.

If FOX would get the bad place outta the way and let a director and his team work a great Xmen film can be made. Unfortunately at this point Fox's track record is garbage. No director no matter how good would be able to pull off a good Xfilm because of Fox's meddling. F4 is a prime example. Trank and his vision was a horrible failure. Unless someone like Cameron or Nolan or a director with clout we'll never get an awesome Xmen film. I'm not worried about F4, that property is going back to Marvel, rather they sell it back or Marvel waits them out for 7 years it's going back.

You should probably pay a little bit more attention to what you are reading instead of saying things like "if you think that....." when no one ever said such a thing. I can't say whether this technique you used of attributing something to someone that they never said and then telling them how wrong they are is intentional or just due to sloppy reading.

So, slow down and read this....nice and easy now.....you can do it.

No one (at least not me) ever said that there couldn't be a replacement for Jackman or Singer.

What I said was:

"Yup. I've brought up the Jackman issue on a couple of occasions. He's by far the most popular character and it seems sort of hard to predict where X-Men will go without him."

See how that's different than no one else out there can do a great Wolverine or make a great movie? Here's another quote that should help clarify things for you:

"Still, the point remains....where would Fox's Marvel studio franchise be without Jackman? Or Singer?". This is a question and in no way states that no one but Singer knows how to direct and that X-Men won't find another actor with drawing power. We don't know the answer to the question. We can debate their value, but, IMO, both have been valuable to the franchise.

And finally:

"My point is that they aren't really on very solid ground even now. Unlike Disney/Marvel, this could tip either way very easily."

Better now?

Last edited:
I've no desire to ever see it.

Ah ha!!!! You haven't seen it so you don't REALLY know whether or not it's any good. And, you don't know FOR SURE what would happen if you jumped off the top of the Empire State Building because you've never done it. :o

:huh::huh: I think I was just channeling someone who "used" to frequent this thread, but I'm awake now.....

But you will anyway.

Sometime, somewhere for free-----not exactly what he meant when he said it though. :yay:

Or at least the first part of it until you say "Man, this really sucks more than I thought it would. I think I'm going to go watch a tree grow."

Fox keep betting on "you will see it anyway" tagline. But what they've done was upsetting the loyal FF fanbase since day 1 of the production

FF has finally been passed by all of these box office behemoths, but is still cracking the top 25 (edit: at 25th):

- - Learning to Drive BG $715,166
- - Grandma (2015) SPC $643,728
- - Vacation WB (NL) $558,366
- - Shaun the Sheep Movie LGF $460,381
- - Fantastic Four Fox $445,977

Last edited:
FF looks to finish at under 56M DOM. Agree??

Monday note:

Yet another milestone for FF.

It is officially out of the top 25 and has been passed by every movie widely released during the same week. Namely:

Ricki and the Flash
Shaun the Sheep
The Gift

It also drew a Fantastic $33,348; just a shade over 1/5 of the Ant-Man total of $127,061 (which has been in release 3 weeks longer).

FF looks to finish at under 56M DOM. Agree??

Oh yeah, it's toast. Hard to see it lasting more than 2-3 weeks in any significant number of theaters. Not only is it being outgrossed in total by movies like Mad Max (in week 18 for heaven's sake) but on a per theater basis just about everything is killing it, including California's geriatric governator.

The fact that Marvel will make more of a profit off this movie than Fox delights me to no end.

The fact that Marvel will make more of a profit off this movie than Fox delights me to no end.

The fact that Pixels made FAR more profit (while getting much better critic and audience ratings on RT) delights me.:woot:

. . . yet for some odd reason, nobody's talking about a sequel to Pixels. :dry:

The fact that Pixels made FAR more profit (while getting much better critic and audience ratings on RT) delights me.:woot:

Lol true. bad place, Green Lantern was more successful than this.
Does anyone here listen to the podcast "how did this get made"? It's some of my favorite comedians talking about awful movies and trying to make sense of them. I'd love an episode where they tear this one apart.

Lol how much is Marvel's cut?:funny:

I'm not sure, and truth be told I don't think anyone outside Fox/Marvel knows, but from what I remember it's substantially more than what they make off of X-men or Spider-man movies. I think the FF contracts were the last ones they negotiated so by that point they knew to ask for a bigger cut. Given that, I want to say they only made 5% off of Spider-man movies but again, I don't know for sure.

Lol how much is Marvel's cut?:funny:

I'm not sure, and truth be told I don't think anyone outside Fox/Marvel knows, but from what I remember it's substantially more than what they make off of X-men or Spider-man movies. I think the FF contracts were the last ones they negotiated so by that point they knew to ask for a bigger cut. Given that, I want to say they only made 5% off of Spider-man movies but again, I don't know for sure.

I've seen it suggested that the number is between 5% and 8% of gross box office, so for FF, that would be around $8 million to $13 million going to Marvel as pure profit while Fox is losing something over $100 million.

Hopefully with this "sequel' that they're sticking with like superglue, they lose something in the realm of $200 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"