Fast and Furious 6 Is A Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just keep on getting better and better.Fast and Furious 2:Tokyo Drift was not that great.I'll see this movie,when it comes out.

From Collider:
Could Jason Statham Join the FAST AND FURIOUS Cast to Shoot FAST 6 and FAST 7 Back to Back in Europe?
Brendan Bettinger said:
Please read this article with a grain of salt. The concentration of cool is so high, though, that it’s worth reporting in case it turns out. We know the next film in the Fast and Furious series (let’s call it Fast 6) will be director Justin Lin’s next project, and he’s already made headway with a pre-vised 12-minute final sequence. Universal must like what they see, because the studio is reportedly ready to double down on their most reliable franchise. Twitch hears Universal is looking into shooting Fast 6 and Fast 7 back to back in Europe in 2012. Cool news in itself, but there’s more.

When the series ventured to Rio for Fast Five, action superstar Dwayne Johnson came aboard. If the pattern holds for the hypothetically European sequel(s), one name comes to mind: Jason Statham. Twitch says Universal is in preliminary talks with Statham to join one or both sequels. Sounds like a terrific idea to this writer, though Statham’s involvement is, of course, “far from a sure thing.”

Still, this is a lot to chew on for now. We’ll stay on top of development—in the meantime, please tentatively dream of Statham, Johnson, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker (I guess), and the rest of the gang speeding through the streets of London*. Hit the jump for the quote from Lin as he looks forward to more Fast.

From this article:
“My whole thing is about respecting the audience and respecting the evolution of these characters—and they’ve grown and now the family is back together. And in many ways, some of the big pieces of Fast Six have already been discussed: I already have a 12-minute sequence done. I did it just as an exercise. I had it done before we were finished with Fast Five, actually. So I wanted to do that just to have it there and to be honest with you, I didn’t know if I was going to do a Fast Six. I didn’t know if people were going to embrace Fast Five and we were going to have an opportunity. But I felt like I really wanted to make sure that the last scene, which I had talked to Vin about countless times—I wanted to make sure that was done. So actually I boarded it, I pre-vised it, and I cut it. So it’s funny, when we were in Atlanta shooting it, I already had the end sequence to Fast Six done. And that was what I wanted to work towards.”
Fast Six is scheduled for release on May 24, 2013.

May 24? It seems there gonna break the pattern of releasing the week before the start of summer in May.

I'm keen for that. More Statham means less Paul Walker hopefully.

Damn, are these movies even going to be in continuity anymore?

Hopefully Michelle's ending after the credits becomes a part of the story and isn't just forgotten.

Hopefully Michelle's ending after the credits becomes a part of the story and isn't just forgotten.

Wasn't she spotted I berlin? If they are going to europe I'm sure she will be a part of the story.

I'm keen for that. More Statham means less Paul Walker hopefully.

Since I doubt Diesel and Walker will hang around after Furious 6, adding in Statham may mean that this franchise will continue beyond #6 with a new leading man.

I know they have plans in store for Luke Hobbs beyond the franchise. Maybe Statham and The Rock will be DSS agents in their own franchise?

Surely Vin will be back with Michelle's character alive????

There's no way, unless
Michelle Rodriguez
doesn't come back for whatever reason, that the after-credits scene gets abandoned.

Well that's why i made my earlier post, you think with actual casting at this point and an obvious lead into her character being somewhat of a major part of the next film they'd be talking about her returning, but so far it's back to back movies and Jason coming on board.

Michelle's character was a mjaor death in part 4, and she was still a strong part of Vin's characters past heartbreak in part 5 as well, she's a very important figure in his characters backstory, i just can't see her returning without Vin doing SOMETHING.

If Statham does get cast, just let him be Frank Martin.

Diesel fighting the Rock was already one of the bigger spectacles of the franchise. Should Statham could go the way of Lucas Black in Tokyo Drift though, not really in continuity.

Statham's already got his guy franchise with Expendables. I'd rather just keep the core we got in Fast Five and develop their screentime.

I'm starting to get the feeling that they're trying to not even connect to Tokyo Drift.

I'm starting to get the feeling that they're trying to not even connect to Tokyo Drift.

And I bet you no one would care if they decided to ignore the film altogether. The last two films have solidified what and who fans want to see in the franchise.

I love Tokyo Drift, but i agree, that bird has flown, 2 movies on and i don't see Tokyo being a focus for amny fans to re-visit. Wouldn't mind if they did, but the franchise has trailed off from that direction heavily since then.

They just keep on getting better and better.Fast and Furious 2:Tokyo Drift was not that great.I'll see this movie,when it comes out.

Drift was the third movie. 2 was 2fast2furious. and technically whenever they finally address the Han issue of Drift as it relates to the continuity moving forward with him still alive in the franchise, Drift will fit in eventually after that happens.

Personally, I'd like the 6th movie to either open up with Han's death from Drift, and Vin recruiting Lucas Black from his cameo at the end. Making Lucas Black new to the crew. Han is a fan favorite now, but they've gotta get there eventually. :cwink: Or they can just do that for the 7th movie so we have one more great movie with Han as a major player.

Statham as a new cast member obviously means some type of fight with statham and vin or the rock.. We know the car chases will be epic in europe.. curious as to how they will top part 5.

im not so keen on Statham coming on board. i like him but the more names like that we get in these movies and i'll start seeing the actor and not the character.

i like the cast of fast five, they all balanced each other. tej and roman playing off each other, i don't know their character names but Don Omar and Tego Calderon were a funny pair. Han and Giselle were great too.

theyre already seemingly bringing back eva mendez and michelle rodriguez. i mean, why be willing to shoot the scene if you aren't willing to do another film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"