Fast and the Furious 9: The Fast Saga

Imagine having Vince chosen over you for that big-time heist? You know, the guy that didn't like people eating tuna fish (or was it chicken salad) sandwiches? Dom would've made my list as well.

Tuna. A few years back I saw a guy with a bumper sticker that said "Tuna, no crust." I don't know how I remembered that was a F&F reference, but I did. I have no idea why anyone would think that line was so epic that they needed to have it on their car.

Wasn't there a rumor that Reeves was supposed to appear in this series? I'd love to see Special Agent Utah (now much higher up in the FBI) appear and work with Dom's crew.

YES!!!

They can finally bring surfing into the series as well.

And I know his character died, but bring Gary Busey in there for good measure yelling at Vin Diesel on and off set.

E6-FA36-C9-CECC-43-FB-BAE4-AB058-B6589-C2.gif

As babies, Dom and Jakob were sent to earth from planet El Camino.

So Dom and Crew fighting Nazis, Robots, Zombies, Dinosaurs, Pirates, Native Americans, Aliens and clones of Keanu Reeves when?

I have always said this series ended for me after Fast 6 with 7 just being an epilogue of some sort. To me Paul Walker was the heart and sole of this series and kept it going after Vin walked away from the sequel because Vin at the time didn't do sequels and went on to do XXX. However Paul kept things going and wanted to be in the third movie until the studio went in another direction. So yeah this series ended for me with 6 with them all going back home.

It’s kinda strange. I agree that the series doesn’t feel the same without Paul. But maybe it’s just because the cast is so huge and it’s so ridiculous, I don’t feel like it can’t keep going without him. It does seem weird though that the Rock apparently won’t be in any more of the “main” F&F movies just because him and Vin can’t stop acting like 5-year-olds towards each other. I feel like that hurts the series more than Paul’s absence, because with that, there’s nothing you can do. But two actors getting paid millions of dollars who can’t put aside their differences with each other for a few months for a shoot just makes me roll my eyes.

So when do you all think this series jumped the shark? Fast Five? Although my favorite of the series, I think that one began the trip down the rabbit hole towards James Bond / Mission Impossible territory.

So when do you all think this series jumped the shark? Fast Five? Although my favorite of the series, I think that one began the trip down the rabbit hole towards James Bond / Mission Impossible territory.
That was the first one where things started to get a little more over the top than usual, but besides the vault scene I don't really remember having to stretch my imagination like with the following films. It was Fast & Furious 6 where I started saying "no way in hell" after seeing the impossible stunts that they were doing, like this moment:

CelebratedBothAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, IMO, Fast Five was the best one in the series. The only thing that bugs me about it is the absence of Michelle Rodriguez. That was such a dumb decision to pretend to kill her off and then have her show up in the sixth film with no memory. For that and so many dumb scenes (like the one above) F&F 6 was where this series took a total turn for the absurd. It only got more ridiculous from there, so seeing stuff like the Rock repel down a 50-story building with his bare hands or seeing Vin swing a car on a rope isn't even a surprise anymore.

Fast Five still remains my favorite aswell, although I also really enjoyed Furious 6. As over the top and crazy as the action sequences were in those movies it still felt atleast somewhat grounded in reality not to mention that badass intro for Hobbs, but honestly as long as these movies are still entertaining to watch I can deal with it. I do think the lack of Paul, Rock and Statham could hurt this franchise in the long run though.

It only got more ridiculous from there, so seeing stuff like the Rock repel down a 50-story building with his bare hands or seeing Vin swing a car on a rope isn't even a surprise anymore.

Yeah they've already introduced enhanced soldiers with Idris Elba and scary A.I big brother technology.

At first the explanations for how they survived(Roll cages and bullet proof cars) was worth a chuckle. Now the tense moments are gone because it's 90% CGI

If they actually showed a behind the scenes clip in the new trailer for how a plane caught a car I would be impressed but right now it's "meh"

This is why I still like Mission Impossible movies because theres still a touch of realistic action scenes

Furious 7 remains my favorite. For me thats a perfect action film, its got a little bit of everthing: fun, loveable characters, humor, crazy action set pieces, a badass villain, Tony Jaa, a Jason Statham vs. The Rock fight... and its a great capper to the series.

Or would’ve been at least lol

I think by 2 Fast 2 Furious, we knew this series was a cartoon. They just make it more so with each one lol

iu

Fast 5 and 6 were the highlights. They perfectly complimented each other and would have been ok leaving the series there.

7 was a letdown besides the Walker tribute, and 8 was just boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"