Fast and the Furious 9: The Fast Saga

They're pretty tame. Collateral damage happens in PG-13 movies all the time.

Yep. In Man of Steel skyscrapers are leveled and the center of Metropolis is obliterated by the world engine. In Star Trek Into Darkness the USS Vengeance crashes into San Francisco and levels multiple skyscrapers and multiple blocks of the city killing countless thousands. In the Star Wars films multiple planets are blown up killing billions or trillions of sentient beings. In the Hobbit trilogy Laketown is incinerated. In LOTR Rohan civilians are slaughtered and Minis Tirith is sacked.

Those movies are fantasy though. Yes people die but it doesn't feel like the world we live in. As outlandish as the stunts are, the ones in this franchise do take place in our world. And unlike seeing mass explosion, you know an individual person was driving a car that randomly run over by a tank.

Star Trek takes place in our world. Just a futuristic version set hundreds of years in the future. MOS takes place on earth. You know thousands of people were in those skyscrapers and on the ground going about their daily activities when the Vengeance hit them. You know countless thousands were in that area of Metropolis when the world engine began leveling buildings and Superman and Zod started destroying buildings.

Star Wars may not take place in our world, but we know those planets are occupied. In TFA it even shows us the people on Bosnian Prime staring in horror as the laser beam turtles toward them.

And Hobbit and LOTR are fantasy, but they've never been shy about showing people being killed by orcs. And those people are humans regardless of the world they inhabit.

Last edited:
Bring back Gal from the dead.

There was a rumor that Diesel wants her back. We technically never saw her body, so everything is possible in this series. lol

Killing her off was a missed opportunity for a side plot imo. Gisele hunting down the Shaw brothers herself. At the very least add some real tension with the group dynamic. I get it Dom, he saved your baby, but he still killed Han. Hell, have her be a part of that rumored Statham and Rock spinoff movie. Eh. Lost opportunity.

Last edited:
I wonder if this franchise is still exciting to people by 2020. I feel like its no longer the case, though I enjoyed the 8th film. IMO, the series already had its peak with the 7thfilm and I think the interest for this will continue to fizzle out.

I suspected this would happen. Tyrese’s personal problems probably didn’t help. Am curious what this also potentially means if anything for the Hobbs spin-off and Fast 10.

This is my problem right here. You can't have Brian show up since Paul is dead sadly. What are they going to do? Hologram his character like they did with Tarkin in Rogue One?

As much as I love the later Fast films, they should've stopped after Furious 7 as it was truly the perfect ending for the characters and the story.

They should film a scene during the world solar challenge in the Northern Territory in Australia. It would be so epic and on the cutting edge of sci fi and full turbo action

Getting old. These movies need to end or should of after Paul Walkers last one. Stories are old, tiresome and getting rediculous with CGI instead of good acting and plot like instead of how the first one was simple. Fast and Furious needs to end.

Vin should go back to Riddick and XXX and give the cast better movies too. Dwayne J. Should do Spy Hunter movies with cool CGI and Interceptor . I'd love to see that a new franchise of movies.

Fast and Furious RIp 2018 (Hopefully)
Birth of Spy Hunter instead

Last edited:
I look at the main cast’s social media pages daily for any new tidbits, and Tyrese has delusions of grandeur like I’ve never seen.

So Tyrese is as much of a whiny ***** as his character. Good to know. I don't even know why his character is even still around. He's loud and obnoxious. The Jar Jar Binks of the franchise. Have Tej do a prank on him that goes horribly wrong right and kills Roman.

He's lost his freakin' mind. It's like he's angry that The Rock is the one who needs the franchise the least out of all of them. The rest have nothing else. You can't even throw a baywatch dig at him and have it land, because at least he has something TO criticise!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is another marketing stunt like last time.

FF8 - Johnson talks s*** about Vin on social media
FF9 - Tyrese talks s*** about Johnson on social media

Who's going to talk some social media s*** about Tyrese for the movie after this one?

Plot twist: All of them.

Well it looks like the spinoff took the 2019 so at the moment I'm believing Tyrese is just a buffoon.

Someone's jealous of Dwayne Johnson! Crazy!

Maybe The Rock was talking about Tyrese the whole time :D

I wouldn't be surprised if this is another marketing stunt like last time.

Yeah. All this comes off as jokingly talking **** to your friends in a group chat, except in this case it's celebrities and they're airing it out in the open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"