Fast and the Furious 9: The Fast Saga

Skipping 7 is some kind of blasphemy.

Vin is at his worst in 8 and its the only one I dont care to rewatch. F9 surprised me and I think its a goofy good time.

This franchise hit a high point with Five and it’s never been able to recapture that magic. Instead, they just double down on the stooooopid with every subsequent film. I’m by no means calling Five realistic but at least 90% of the movie didn’t look like a cartoon. It’s just a shame because sadly Michelle Rodriguez isn’t in Five and then they brought her back in the dumbest way possible (well until they found an even dumber way to bring Han back).

I’ll keep watching these movies because they’re enjoyable but I feel like they really could have been something more. I would put Fast Five up there with some of my all time favorite action films like Die Hard, Speed and True Lies. But the movies after that are all pretty much self parody.

I have a soft spot for Furious 7. Not just because of the Paul Walker tribute but also because of this glorious nonsense:

daddys-gotta-go-to-work-i-need-to-work.gif

cast-break-cast.gif

luke-hobbs-1-1428328545.gif

6 by far had the best finale. Yes the airport runway seemed to go on forever but it was well done and choreographed. The finale of 7 was too darkly lit and was when Vin turned into Hulk. Yes the Walker tribute was great but wasn’t enough to save the movie for me.

He was supposed to play Hobbs's brother in Hobbs and Shaw but there were scheduling conflicts. I shouldn't be surprised that he might end up in the franchise anyway since he'll draw in a lot of people who might have otherwise gotten tired of the whole thing. He'll probably be playing a villain that turns good by the end in time to join Dom and the family for Coronas. :o

Good choice. As Drizzle said, I heard Momoa was considered for Hobbs and Shaw (turrible entry in this franchise) so not surprised he's getting a F10 push. I wonder if he'll get along with Diesel though

Last edited:
Jakob was bigger than Dom, stronger than Dom, faster than Dom…….. I really thought that was gonna be the end of La Familia as we knew it!

Haha, natural fit. I'll be glad to see him here.

I see what Vin is doing. Trading a Samoan for a Samoan. What if Momoa backed out? Get Temuera morrison?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they go about bringing back Gal Gadot's character. You got Aquaman, might as well throw Wonder Woman back into the fold. As we've seen with Letty and Han, nobody stays dead in this franchise.

He was supposed to play Hobbs's brother in Hobbs and Shaw but there were scheduling conflicts. I shouldn't be surprised that he might end up in the franchise anyway since he'll draw in a lot of people who might have otherwise gotten tired of the whole thing. He'll probably be playing a villain that turns good by the end in time to join Dom and the family for Coronas. :o
If he turns down a corona then you know he is really evil :o

But, 8 has little no no action flair/creativity. CGI nonsense < no Rock

8 was at least serviceable. I haven't seen it since theaters...actually I haven't seen 7-9 since the theaters. But still. F8te had some decent set pieces with the submarine thing, Jason Statham's fight scene on the plane, and the NYC car tsunami. Had a lot of Kurt Russell which was great. Charlize Theron with her weird whisper talking and the white trash Predator braids. Fun stuff

F9 has nothing imo
-Diesel, Jordana Brewster, and Michelle Rodriguez taking it even more seriously than previous versions. With no hint of irony or playfulness
-Wasted John Cena (he doesn't even get a good action scene)
-Them finally going to space was a letdown
-No fun or cool villains
-Barely any Kurt Russell
-The only funny dialogue was Roman going "Guys I think I might be invincible" which they didn't even go as far as that should've with it.

Thank being said F9 is still better than Fast & Furious or Hobbs & Shaw

I'd rather watch F9 over Fast & Furious or even 2 Fast 2 Furious but that's still not saying much.

But, 8 has little no no action flair/creativity. CGI nonsense < no Rock
You say that as if there wasn't any CGI nonsense in 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"