Female Hype Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
In total I have 6. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to scents, and very few things I've smelled I like. The Kat Von D scents [especially the new Adora one] are in my collection. I also have the Ralph Lauren scent and I like it.

Drak's favorite is MAC's Pinkaura. It's discontinued though, but I have 3 backups of it. :)

The reality show chick has a fragrance? I'm out.

I have a bunch of body mists and one really good perfume.

I know what makeup I'm buying this fall, and I have GOT to stick to it. I've limited myself 200.00 for the Disney Villain collection coming out from MAC in 27 days. It's going to be chaos on the website, but I'll just stay up all night until it goes on sale. I'm crazy like that. :(

By the way, I'll be posting a few pictures or a video on how I store all of my makeup, now that I actually have a vanity/desk to store all of it in. :hrt: How exciting!!

And if any of you have requests for makeup looks, send them my way! I'll be starting a makeup channel in a few weeks and would like to have a few videos recorded and edited before the channel goes live.

:hrt::hrt:

Wow, did not know they were coming out with that set. It looks great!

I would love to see tutorials about makeup stuff! I love watching those things. Hmm, as for requests.... do you think you could do one about a casual/daytime "smokey" eye? Obviously not one for nights out, but a more neutral and subtle one for a little extra pretty during the day? I apologize if I don't make much sense, but I can't seem to do it myself and would love to see your take on it :)

I can understand the n-word. But I don't quite understand why the c-word is any more offensive than any other word that is used to describe the same thing.
Oh don't get me started on this again... :hehe:

Okay, I have a question. Is it still considered inappropriate to wear black to a wedding? I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I was having this discussion with my sister.

I was always under the impression that the only colour you wouldn't wear to a wedding was white.

Okay, I have a question. Is it still considered inappropriate to wear black to a wedding? I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I was having this discussion with my sister.

I was always under the impression that the only colour you wouldn't wear to a wedding was white.
I imagine it depends on the wedding. I've been to a wedding which was old-fashioned to the max, and I've been to a wedding where anything went and in fact flip flops were encouraged. :funny: I've actually asked this question here before for the latter kind of wedding (it was my ex's wedding to boot, that's why I didn't want to be wrong about it :o ), and black was determined to be all right as long as my outfit wasn't ALL black.

But it all turned out to be moot because the black dress I planned to wear developed a hole and I ended up wearing gray instead. :funny:

I think don't wear a Black dress (if you're going to wear a dress), just accessorize with black instead.

Would you recommend them?

I would highly recommend them, but only if you use Too Faced Shadow Insurance paired with a colored base of some kind to help the colors stick better. The consistency of the shadows are really buttery [especially her matte shadows, I would kill to have her release a dark navy blue matte shade.... Droooool], and bases will help them show their true colors much better :).

Wow, did not know they were coming out with that set. It looks great!

I would love to see tutorials about makeup stuff! I love watching those things. Hmm, as for requests.... do you think you could do one about a casual/daytime "smokey" eye? Obviously not one for nights out, but a more neutral and subtle one for a little extra pretty during the day? I apologize if I don't make much sense, but I can't seem to do it myself and would love to see your take on it :)

Sure! I'll add that to my list as well. What kind of smokey eye are you thinking? [The definition has been widened over the past couple years]. Were you thinking a darker color all over the lid? Or were you thinking a true smokey effect, where the liner is smudged and then set by a powder for a real sultry look? ;)

I agree with you, katie. That's the only rule I abide by. I wore black to ever wedding I've attended. Black isn't just for funerals anymore, it's a classic, sophisticated color which accessorizes quite easily [makeup, bag, shoes].

Go for it. Most of my wardrobe is black anyhow. :p

It is perfectly acceptable and appropriate to wear black.

Speaking of weddings, I have yet another one to attend in early November. So torn as to the style and color of dress to wear! I think I will buy a new one...that time of year is quite tricky. I'll probably check Lord & Taylor first.

Any suggestions?

Sure! I'll add that to my list as well. What kind of smokey eye are you thinking? [The definition has been widened over the past couple years]. Were you thinking a darker color all over the lid? Or were you thinking a true smokey effect, where the liner is smudged and then set by a powder for a real sultry look? ;)
The latter, I think :) I've found many resources for the "true" smokey eye look, but you really can't wear that for a daytime look, so your take on a 'daytime smokey eye' would be fabulous :)

Speaking of weddings, I have yet another one to attend in early November. So torn as to the style and color of dress to wear! I think I will buy a new one...that time of year is quite tricky. I'll probably check Lord & Taylor first.

Any suggestions?
Hmm, what styles and colors are you torn between?

Personally, I love the Autumn and all the associated colors :hrt:

Any suggestions?
I think it would depend more on the kind of wedding than anything else. :cwink: Though frankly I'd be more concerned about not freezing my ass off. For the January wedding, I found a ridiculously soft wool Diane von Furstenberg gray dress for an equally ridiculous $25 on ebay - boatneck, 3/4 sleeve, knee-length. I think it'll be my go-to dress for any fancy winter shindigs from here on in, who cares if I've worn it before? :funny: I still keep wearing the same summer dress I've since high school. Nobody cares as long as you don't stick out and dress in something suited to your shape.

But at the same January wedding where flip flops were encouraged, I did see some girls wearing crazy-short miniskirts and stiletto heels. It was amusing watching them navigate the sand on that hotel roof. :hehe:

Hmm, what styles and colors are you torn between?

Personally, I love the Autumn and all the associated colors :hrt:

At this point, everything :csad: Haha. I was just checking Lord & Taylor's website...hate most of their dresses. Nordstrom has a lot a nice ones. I feel like there are a ton of different styles I like, although it will all come down to fit. I want something figure-flattering and form fitting.

In my head, I am thinking rich, autumn colors...deep red, brown, gold. Maybe even a green. I see some random colors I like, too, though:

_6210149.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3070415?origin=category

_6175857.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3109026

_6030821.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3060002?origin=related-3060002-8000017-1-1

_6189836.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3128529

I think it would depend more on the kind of wedding than anything else. :cwink: Though frankly I'd be more concerned about not freezing my ass off. For the January wedding, I found a ridiculously soft wool Diane von Furstenberg gray dress for an equally ridiculous $25 on ebay - boatneck, 3/4 sleeve, knee-length. I think it'll be my go-to dress for any fancy winter shindigs from here on in, who cares if I've worn it before? :funny: I still keep wearing the same summer dress I've since high school. Nobody cares as long as you don't stick out and dress in something suited to your shape.

But at the same January wedding where flip flops were encouraged, I did see some girls wearing crazy-short miniskirts and stiletto heels. It was amusing watching them navigate the sand on that hotel roof. :hehe:

It'll be indoors, so I won't be cold. Whatever I wear, I will wear a wrap, too. I re-wear dresses, but fall is one season where I don't really have many cocktail dresses for. I have sundresses and overly fancy for a wedding winter cocktail dresses right now lol

I say either the navy blue or the black one. Either one will give you a great chance to wear some fabulous retro liner and a great red lip, which is super gorgeous for Fall.

:hrt:

I love the black one, but I have a feeling the fit will be weird on me. I'm sure I'll see a ton of others in person and not know what to get :csad: lol. Loooove cocktail dresses!

I just found out the wedding colors are brown and orange, lordy. I enjoy coordinating with wedding colors, but neither of those look very appealing on me.

I love the black one, but I have a feeling the fit will be weird on me. I'm sure I'll see a ton of others in person and not know what to get :csad: lol. Loooove cocktail dresses!

I just found out the wedding colors are brown and orange, lordy. I enjoy coordinating with wedding colors, but neither of those look very appealing on me.
HAH! Talk about fall-themed! :funny:

A rich burgundy could be really nice. Then again I'm partial to dark jewel tones. :cwink:

So, I didn't find a dress after shopping at Nordstrom. What I did find on my shopping excursion is the best face mask EVER!

Bliss Steep Clean, my dears.

I have tried many, many masks over the years. And they are always fun, but usually not very effective. I can say based off of only one use so far that this is the only face mask I've ever tried that delivered results immediately.

5165.jpg

Initial impression: the container looks like shaving cream. And the pump for it does too! The mask is two different colored formulas that come out at once, and you have to mix them on your hand before application. It was even creamy after I mixed it together, like shaving cream. However, this is where the shaving cream similarities ended. Upon applying, it felt very silky and wonderful. I waited 15 minutes and wiped off with a warm washcloth as instructed. Here is the crazy part - I could literally see the little dead skin flakes and blackheads coming out of my pores and off of my face as I removed the mask. It was gross but awesome! My face was fresh and glowing and smooth afterwards. :heart: Pores looked smaller today. Woo hoo!

Only con so far: It is very expensive. I will be on the lookout for sales/deals if I continue to purchase. However, in this case I got what I paid for :up: It was worth it to me after spending probably more money altogether on other masks that are still sitting in my cabinet because they're pointless.

I thought you ladies would be interested. If I have even better results (or if things go wrong) as I continue to use it, I will update!

Hey ladies!

I've been invited to a very formal 'Tea' (which is like sandwhiches, scones, cupcakes, pastries and actual tea) and I'm considering this dress to wear. I just wanted anyone's opinion on what accessories would go well with this dress?

(P.S - Incase any Americans don't know what 'Tea' in England is -- See here)

beatheart.gif

I think that some pearls would look lovely with that dress. It's up to you whether you'd prefer them as a bracelet, earrings, or a necklace, but I would pick one of the above as opposed to multiple jewelry pieces. As for color of pearls, I think that cream would look very nice against the blush and gray colors in the dress.

If you don't like pearls: black beads. In the US, black with pearl is also popular right now.

For example:

300111054_975.jpg

300112440_994.jpg

If you like rings, I'd find a large statement ring to wear, and just wear that with some tiny earrings that match.

Thank you, pearls sound great! I especially like those earrings!

I had considered white mary-janes for the shoes as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: Like these
2ynl99k.jpg

Hmm, that is a tough one that I'm actually quite torn on. I will tell you that if I were to wear the dress, my first thought is that I would pair it with black shoes. If not something with a heel, then black flats. I usually like to go with a color that is in the outfit but not incredibly prominent so it is too matchy matchy. I would choose black due to the black strip of material and the black buttons on the shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"