Female Hype Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand the cabbie hat wearing hipsters.

I very much believe that every individual can only pull off so many "looks." While Anita's may not be "hot," I'm certain that there are plenty of other styles that suit her and are sexy on HER. Sultry isn't everyone.

Agreed and I'm glad you gave it a non-gender specific "individual" when saying it. With guys you can at least make black tie work... Hell, I can make black tie work and I'm a scrawny bag of bones. With guys it CAN be we can pull off 2 but black tie's a gimme.

In my case I pretty much gave up trying and that's when it was found that I can make the "Dissheveled Hobo" scheme work like nothing else... and no that's sadly not a joke.

Apparently I can only pull off the social extremes.

I have a potentially controversial question to ask the females of SHH. Now, this is a touchy topic it seems but I thought about it after giving my stance on the whole debacle with the radio host and the N-word. I just wanted to ask, how do you all feel about the C-word? It seems that this is the one word the causes mountains to crumble and cancer to form when it comes to the opposite gender. I am curious with you all take on it. Is the word legitimately that horrible? It is just overreaction? Or is there a double standard there? Ladies......

I have a potentially controversial question to ask the females of SHH. Now, this is a touchy topic it seems but I thought about it after giving my stance on the whole debacle with the radio host and the N-word. I just wanted to ask, how do you all feel about the C-word? It seems that this is the one word the causes mountains to crumble and cancer to form when it comes to the opposite gender. I am curious with you all take on it. Is the word legitimately that horrible? It is just overreaction? Or is there a double standard there? Ladies......
One main difference is that people feel that blacks are able to get away with using the n-word when referring to themselves or fellow "brothers" or whatever. I have NEVER heard of someone using the c-word to describe someone they liked. (I think "broads" is used in a similar context without the utter crudeness.)

In that way I think it's worse than the n-word, although it obviously lacks the historical significance and power that I think blacks have taken back for themselves to some extent.

But IMO words are just words, and their use says more about the person saying it than anything else. I wouldn't ever respect someone who refers to a woman by the c-word, if that tells you anything.

Oh no, it's not that. I know I can clean up really nicely if I had to dress up. Good thing about being lanky and skinny, I look fantastic in most dresses. :awesome: It's just the whole "smoking hot" thing totally isn't for me. You have to have the attitude of pretending you're all that and a pack of chips, but that makes me feel ridiculous.

So how would you describe yourself then?...cause I think it's just a matter of opinion of what it hot to others. Im sure whatever style you are, you can probably pull it off well. Like my last few gf's have been sort of the model type....but I find myself REALLY into the rocker/tatoo females(i was totally gonna say chicks but i cleaned it up for this thread hahaha) lately...i think that's sexy to me at the moment. Like I said, matter of preference. :yay::cwink:

Hi everyone, total newbie here. I'm feeling very lame. Can't figure out how to upload an avatar.

To me, it is by far the most insulting/horrible word that anyone could call me.

Hi everyone, total newbie here. I'm feeling very lame. Can't figure out how to upload an avatar.

You have to have more posts, check the FAQ.

I have a serious case of the fall gimmes...want new clothes, makeup, boots, etc. But I don't wanna spend money :csad:

I have a serious case of the fall gimmes...want new clothes, makeup, boots, etc. But I don't wanna spend money :csad:

LOL! I hate when I get in that mood....especially since I work in our town's largest mall!! In a shoe store, no less. I'm starting to hate freight day just because I always find something new that I want to buy! :woot:

I can understand the n-word. But I don't quite understand why the c-word is any more offensive than any other word that is used to describe the same thing.

I can understand the n-word. But I don't quite understand why the c-word is any more offensive than any other word that is used to describe the same thing.

Some females that I've talked to personally have the same sentiments as you do. The c-word is used to describe the female reproductive organ, whereas *****, ****, ****e, etc. are meant to demean or lessen a woman. Imo, those words being acceptable is weird when a word that is slang for vagina is verbal homicide. Anywho, I was just interested on how women here view the word.

I know what makeup I'm buying this fall, and I have GOT to stick to it. I've limited myself 200.00 for the Disney Villain collection coming out from MAC in 27 days. It's going to be chaos on the website, but I'll just stay up all night until it goes on sale. I'm crazy like that. :(

By the way, I'll be posting a few pictures or a video on how I store all of my makeup, now that I actually have a vanity/desk to store all of it in. :hrt: How exciting!!

And if any of you have requests for makeup looks, send them my way! I'll be starting a makeup channel in a few weeks and would like to have a few videos recorded and edited before the channel goes live.

:hrt::hrt:

I am too much of a product junkie for MAC. They put out so many cute collections that I have purposely refrained from buying any, as I know it would set off a bad chain reaction for me :sigh: :csad:

I'm a huge Make Up For Ever fan, and thank goodness they don't release their products with cute themes or it'd be game over haha.

Yay makeup channel!!!! I've thought about doing some tutorials before, but wasn't ambitious enough lol. I'm confident about basic makeup application and some fun night out looks, but I LOVE makeup channels because there is always so much more to learn! I will definitely be following yours.

I have a request: how to get a perfect red lip. I can never find the right color, and bold red is so difficult to apply properly.

Excellent! I'll add that to the list of the ones I'll do first once my makeup station is all set up! :D

Yeah, back when I first started collecting I thought I was a hot shot for trying to duplicate MAC stuff with drugstore stuff. When I realized how much money I was wasting on crap makeup, I just bit the bullet and started buying MAC. But to be honest, most of my collection comes from swap sales or the CCO [cosmetic company outlet, where MAC is 35% off].

I LOOOOVE MUFE. I've also started to get addicted to NARS. I have the Orgasm blush, the Albatross highlighter [which is unbelievably gorgeous, btw], and the limited edition Dacoeur blush. It's a lovely matte nude color that will be great for daytime contouring!

I remember my drugstore makeup days. Never again, although I do still buy drugstore mascara. Sephora makes so much money off of me.

I love the Orgasm blush, too! I wear it almost every day. I want to check out some of their other colors, possibly get a more rose-toned one.

How many scents do you alternate around? :huh:

I meant perfumes. Just curious, sorry to change the subject. I use to only have like one. Erzette met someone selling stuff at the hospital. Now I have 5 cologne bottles. :

Ohhh, didn't realize you were posing a new topic lol. Hmm...I usually have 3 main ones.

She must have 15 - 20 but seems to have like you 3 - 4 favorites.

I've been wanting more perfume for a while now. I know for me, I like to have plenty of options. And it all depends on my mood, and even what I'm wearing.

I know summery, casual, formal scents. LOL

But I like it when she wears heaven from the Gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"