Arrow Female Led Spin-off in the works

They're filming the Canaries spinoff today.

I assume you mean the backdoor pilot.

It almost sounds like this new spin-off is going to be like Rosanne without Rosanne.
Don't know if that if that would work. it's a weird analogy, but no John Goodman in this group.

Don't know if that if that would work. it's a weird analogy, but no John Goodman in this group.

It's not really a weird analogy. It's like continuing "Rosanne" without its main character and becoming "The Connors", or having "Valerie" without its main character and becoming "The Hogan Family".

If this spin-off is pretty much like continuing the same story but without the main character Oliver Queen, then that's how it's similar.

If this spin-off is pretty much like continuing the same story but without the main character Oliver Queen, then that's how it's similar.
And by doing so, in my opinion, it’s ruining the legacy of Arrow, and the sacrifice that’ll come to be (whatever said sacrifice actually is - I’m not convinced Ollie is going to actually die).

Needless to say though, by continuing a show with Arrow characters in the same city with another archer (Mia), it’s just another show for the sake of it, rather than one with a more meaningful purpose.

Ollie might as well have a seagull drop something on him in his final episode.

And by doing so, in my opinion, it’s ruining the legacy of Arrow, and the sacrifice that’ll come to be (whatever said sacrifice actually is - I’m not convinced Ollie is going to actually die).

Needless to say though, by continuing a show with Arrow characters in the same city with another archer (Mia), it’s just another show for the sake of it, rather than one with a more meaningful purpose.

Ollie might as well have a seagull drop something on him in his final episode.

If he looks up and gasps as it flies overhead, it might land in his mouth! :o

The flash forward parts of the show are so boring, particularly this season with this plot about John Diggle Jr and Connor. Why do they need all of this to set up the spin-off unless they plan to continue that plot?

The flash forward parts of the show are so boring, particularly this season with this plot about John Diggle Jr and Connor. Why do they need all of this to set up the spin-off unless they plan to continue that plot?
The thing is, from what little information we have, the spinoff will be Mia, Laurel & Dinah (at least). We also know that Mia is going to meet Ollie and will fight alongside Kara, Kate and Barry, so one way or another, Mia is going to find her way to our present.

If Mia stays in the present with Laurel and Dinah, then nothing about the flash forwards make the slightest bit of difference to how this show is going to unravel, as the future will no doubt change, dramatically, post crisis.

If the spinoff takes place in the future however, then the actresses who portray Laurel and Dinah will be in need of aging makeup for every single episode, which doesn’t seem remotely practical.

If the spinoff takes place in the future however, then the actresses who portray Laurel and Dinah will be in need of aging makeup for every single episode, which doesn’t seem remotely practical.

Or Laurel/Dinah get thrust into the future.

I hope it's not set in the future, as that is so boring. I don't care to see a whole series based around that. If they were going to do that, then they really needed more interesting characters and actors.

And here I was hoping that Cassidy would be getting top billing.
Though I don't have any likes for the flash forwards, them bringing Mia Smoak (why the heck couldn't they have just spelled it Smoke as that is actually kind of cool?!) in as a scion of a crime fighter isn't so bad. I'd give it a shot, if only to see them not squander Cassidy in a role.

Well I guess we now know how Mia and co end up in the present.

Arrow’s ratings aren’t great. I don’t see CW picking this show up which will likely get lower ratings than arrow.

Arrow’s ratings aren’t great. I don’t see CW picking this show up which will likely get lower ratings than arrow.
Katherine has a kind of cult following from her Shadowhunter days. You can bet a good portion of her fans will tune in to a show where she's one of the leads.

Yet they picked up Batwoman? All of the ratings are down, Arrow is in its 8th year yet still topping half of their newer shows.

MG confirmed that this will take place in 2040. Disappointing.

Well I’m one of the few who actually don’t mind the flash forwards so I’m cool with the show being set in the future timeline.

MG confirmed that this will take place in 2040. Disappointing.
Boo. That era was really dull. And two of them have to be in old age makeup full time.
Well we don’t know that yet. It’s possible the Monitor will drop 2019 Laurel and Dinah in 2040. With any luck he’ll bring Zoe back too..

In any case, unless this show does something dramatic and substantial, I don’t see it making it to Season 3.

Well we don’t know that yet. It’s possible the Monitor will drop 2019 Laurel and Dinah in 2040. With any luck he’ll bring Zoe back too..

In any case, unless this show does something dramatic and substantial, I don’t see it making it to Season 3.

If it gets a S2 it gets a S4. CW hasn't canceled anything that gets a 2nd season before s3, let alone a full season pick up in s1 since The Secret Circle.

If it gets a S2 it gets a S4. CW hasn't canceled anything that gets a 2nd season before s3, let alone a full season pick up in s1 since The Secret Circle.
Then I’m sorry to say, but I hope this show isn’t renewed for S2.

Edit: The only element that would entice me into watching this show would be if there was a heavy focus on other characters from 2040 such as Ryan Chow, Nora West-Allen (I’m assuming crisis will result in her restoration somehow) and other characters from the future; maybe even some like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, but then they’re not going to want to take too much away from these Canaries.

Last edited:
If they're really setting the show in 2040 then I just won't bother watching it. I just don't care about that world or the future characters.

Disappointed that this will have a future setting and a love triangle (gag!)

But, we don't know what that future is going to look like. By having advance knowledge and making the conscious decision to change the bad events that they know about, Team Arrow probably has changed the future for the better. It would hopefully be very different than what the FFs showed.

As for Laurel (BC) going to the future, I can see that as she really has no ties to the current time. Her Earth is gone and she has only been loosely associated with the Team until recently. I can see her making the decision to start some place new.

Don't know about Dinah though. It would suck to have to be aged before each take.

I don't mind the future setting as long as we don't have bad aged-up make up and wigs for the OG Arrow crew when they appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"