Arrow Female Led Spin-off in the works

If they're really setting the show in 2040 then I just won't bother watching it. I just don't care about that world or the future characters.
Whilst it hasn't (to my knowledge) been confirmed, the latest episode of Arrow had Ollie specifically ask Diggle to make sure the kids got back to 2040, so I think we can certainly assume that'll be where this show takes place.

What I also found interesting is that Ollie also asked Diggle to ensure that Mia and William grew up together, rather than apart. If that's to then take place, would the Mia and William of the spinoff show have grown up together, or would they have been the duo that we've watched this season? Would they suddenly remember two timelines?

As for Laurel (BC) going to the future, I can see that as she really has no ties to the current time. Her Earth is gone and she has only been loosely associated with the Team until recently. I can see her making the decision to start some place new.

Don't know about Dinah though. It would suck to have to be aged before each take.
Even though the show is supposed to be about Mia and the Canaries, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Dinah is written out, or dare I say it, killed off shortly into the show. Despite it's namesake, this show is very much going to be about Mia. The Canaries, in addition to Diggle's kids are going to take a hard backup characters here.

Why is this show necessary? This isn't a story that needs to be told. Seems like a gimmick just for the Arrow producers, writers and production staff to keep their jobs for a few more years.
It isn't, it's just an easy spin to roll with characters they've already got, and have already invested in. Ollie's whole mission statement was to save his city, and if Mia and the Canaries are operating in 2040, then evidently Ollie will have failed in his initial mission, leaving his kids and the canaries to continue to clean the city up.

Besides, it's kind of an insult to the Arrow legacy. Instead of ending Arrow on a high, they're going to pass the torch to Mia and let it run on. So much for the ultimate sacrifice.

I don't know... I'm still not going to watch this spin off.

We should at least wait to see the backdoor pilot. I'm sure the Crisis and the time travel will change the status quo significantly.

I don't know... I'm still not going to watch this spin off.
I have no intention of watching it either, not unless reviews suddenly skyrocket, which I have high doubts about.

I have no intention of watching it either, not unless reviews suddenly skyrocket, which I have high doubts about.
I wish the show all the best but I don't think this spin off will be for me as I simply don't want to follow the story of characters that I don't care about.

I’m in a small minority (apparently :word:). I didn’t mind the future stuff featuring Mia and company. Not to say I loved them; but compared to the present day continuities (especially in season 7), I found the flashforwards to be modestly engaging.

That said, I kinda feel that eight seasons of Arrow has thoroughly explored the archer and “canary” superhero motifs. And I’m not sure that a (partially) new cast and new setting sufficiently refreshes an old concept.

I guess Berlanti is somewhat restricted in terms of what DC properties his team is allowed to use. But surely there must have been something else available that would seem “novel” - at least for TV audiences. :shrug:

I guess Berlanti is somewhat restricted in terms of what DC properties his team is allowed to use. But surely there must have been something else available that would seem “novel” - at least for TV audiences.
Very much this. There’s almost an unlimited number of heroes (or even villains) to make a show on, but instead they’ve gone cheap and are continuing with the Arrow theme, which as you’ve rightly stated, has been there, done that, and got the emerald t-shirt.

They could’ve gone with a show on Atom, or a buddy show featuring Booster Gold & Blue Beetle, or take it to the Wild West and do something with Jonah Hex. Anything but Arrow 2.0.

Alternatively, he could’ve saved Swamp Thing or Krypton.

Krypton and Swamp Thing had nothing to do with Berlanti and they got canceled for a reason, no matter how good they were.

Berlanti has given us:
The Flash
Arrow
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
Batwoman
Stargirl
Titans
Doom Patrol
Superman and Lois
Green Arrow and the Canaries
Green Lantern
Strange Adventures
Vixen (animated)
Freedom Fighters: the Ray (animated)
Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons (animated)
Constantine: City of Demons (animated)

In an 8-9 year span and y'all complaining

Very much this. There’s almost an unlimited number of heroes (or even villains) to make a show on, but instead they’ve gone cheap and are continuing with the Arrow theme, which as you’ve rightly stated, has been there, done that, and got the emerald t-shirt.
To be fair to Berlanti he actually wanted to use Blue Beetle on Arrow but he wasn't allowed as WB had movie plans for him and it is possible that there were other DC characters that WB wouldn't allow them to use. For example the Arrow writers had new ideas for Suicide Squad and Deathstroke but they had to be scrapped because they were told they're off limits, so I'm giving Berlanti the benefit of the doubt.

Greg Berlanti is the new Aaron Spelling!!

Krypton and Swamp Thing had nothing to do with Berlanti and they got canceled for a reason, no matter how good they were.
I know this. I was simply stating how those shows could’ve been moved over to the CW instead of this Canaries and Mia rubbish!

I know this. I was simply stating how those shows could’ve been moved over to the CW instead of this Canaries and Mia rubbish!
And I'm saying, no they couldn't have.

Swamp Thing was such a mess that they were relying on a big tax credit to keep the lights on, and the paperwork didn't come through on that credit. They also overspent on the budget so much that they had to reduce the episode order from 13 to 10 BEFORE they knew the tax credit money wasn't coming through.

Krypton had a massive budget and no fanbase. It already failed hard. You don't take shows that failed on small cable networks and then try to make them succeed on broadcast television. That makes absolutely no business sense.

Green Arrow and the Canaries is probably happening because CW wants it to. Arrow, even in season 8, is doing stronger ratings than Supergirl, Black Lightning, or Legends of Tomorrow.

Do you think CW just blindly does whatever Greg Berlanti wants? Do you think Greg Berlanti just gets to make whatever shows he wants without interference from WB's film division or DC Comics itself?

Do you think it's an accident that every Greg Berlanti DC show has gone a minimum of 30 episodes and counting, while all the DC shows that came along recently without his involvement are extremely hit and miss? Gotham did well and Watchmen and Pennyworth are off to decent starts but Human Target, Constantine, Swamp Thing, Krypton, and Powerless all failed extremely hard.

We know Mia is going by Mia Queen instead of Mia Smoak. That's something.

Even though this hasn’t aired yet I’m hoping that it’s good so it can get picked up.

I'm intrigued that Dinah appears her 2020 self here, rather than her greyer future from the previous flashforwards. No throat scar either, so I guess she's back in full canary force? I'm ultimately in two minds about this show, though (I think) it has more potential than Batwoman, cause these women can act, Ruby Rose ... can't.

I really had zero interest in this after last season's flashbacks but from everything I have seen so far (it went on a break right before the Final Crisis event here in the UK) its gotten a lot better this season.

Really liked the actor who plays Conor from last season he seems the strongest of the bunch.

Mia's gotten a lot of development this season and I have grown on her.

William as well has grown he's stepped more in to that Felicity type role.

(Might not even be these three they go for lol but as I am behind you all I cant read the comments)

Superman and Lois being picked up as series order may affect or delay Green Arrow and the Canaries' chances of being a series order. If not picked up, I hope they can put the surviving Team Arrow in Legends.

I think it will still get ordered. They've put in like a season and a half setting it up.

This show is definitely getting a series order. At this point, I don’t think the CW has any standards

Superman and Lois being picked up as series order may affect or delay Green Arrow and the Canaries' chances of being a series order. If not picked up, I hope they can put the surviving Team Arrow in Legends.
Honestly, I'd rather they bring Sara from Legends and introduce her in this new spinoff.

Retire the rest of the Legends (or maybe put them into other shows as reoccurring characters) and then introduce something similar to Justice League Dark where they can continue with the likes of Zari and Constantine; they're good characters, but underused (I feel) with Legends.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Legends, but it's far too gimmicky and cheesy sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"