Arrow Female Led Spin-off in the works

Honestly, I'd rather they bring Sara from Legends and introduce her in this new spinoff.

Retire the rest of the Legends (or maybe put them into other shows as reoccurring characters) and then introduce something similar to Justice League Dark where they can continue with the likes of Zari and Constantine; they're good characters, but underused (I feel) with Legends.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Legends, but it's far too gimmicky and cheesy sometimes.

Why bring Sara, Zari and Constantine into this show and get rid of Laurel, Mia and Dinah when they could just keep Sara, Zari and Constantine on Legends and retire the other characters in that show and tone it down a bit? Otherwise if you bring these 3 you've suggested over, it might as well just be Legends.

It would be like bringing Barry, Iris, Caitlin and Wells over to Supergirl while getting rid of Supergirl's cast. They might've dropped someone like Cisco, but it would still be The Flash.

Why bring Sara, Zari and Constantine into this show and get rid of Laurel, Mia and Dinah when they could just keep Sara, Zari and Constantine on Legends and retire the other characters in that show and tone it down a bit? Otherwise if you bring these 3 you've suggested over, it might as well just be Legends.

It would be like bringing Barry, Iris, Caitlin and Wells over to Supergirl while getting rid of Supergirl's cast. They might've dropped someone like Cisco, but it would still be The Flash.
I think you need to reread what I wrote. :p

I said bring Sara over to the Canaries show, and move the other Legends characters elsewhere (not Canaries). Zari and Constantine into a JLD themed show, and maybe characters like Rory can return to Flash, and Nate to Supergirl (man of steel?)

I think you need to reread what I wrote. :p

I said bring Sara over to the Canaries show, and move the other Legends characters elsewhere (not Canaries). Zari and Constantine into a JLD themed show, and maybe characters like Rory can return to Flash, and Nate to Supergirl (man of steel?)

Ok I see. My mistake. I thought it would've sounded a bit silly otherwise to just shift the cast over to a new show instead of keeping them where they are.

I don't understand this obsession with keeping characters as stuff ends. Flash and Supergirl really, really, really do not need additional characters in their casts. Especially superheroes. The reason Black Lightning has avoided a lot of the other CW pitfalls is because of their lack of character bloat. It is okay for things to end.

Because people arent ready to say goodbye to their faves. But none of those 3 really fit in with the SG or Flash cast. So here's to hoping this gets picked up since (esp) Laurel/Dinah deserve some proper development and storylines.

Oh, you Could replace Dinah with Sara, but that would wreck Legends too. Plus, I can't really see Katie Cassidy taking fifth or sixth billing on Supergirl or Flash. At best, this works. at Worst it's the superhero version of the last season of Scrubs.

I don't understand this obsession with keeping characters as stuff ends. Flash and Supergirl really, really, really do not need additional characters in their casts. Especially superheroes. The reason Black Lightning has avoided a lot of the other CW pitfalls is because of their lack of character bloat. It is okay for things to end.
Mick Rory originated via Flash, Ray (and Sara) via Arrow, and even Constantine had been set up before, so they're already characters that have been kept around. Besides, I wouldn't want them to all suddenly become full season members (except maybe Sara - cause it would be more fitting) but to instead make the occasional appearance.

Flash has a core team of what, four characters? Barry, Iris, Cisco and Caitlin. They're more or less in every episode. Ralph, Joe, Cecile aren't in every episode. Wells is all over the place, depending on the season.

Supergirl generally features Kara, Alex, Lena, Brainy and John in every episode. Nia, and James' sister (I've forgotten her name) occasionally. It's not as if the show would remotely suffer if those two were removed.

Arrow probably has somewhere in the middle, depending on the season etc. Canaries currently has three, so adding Sara would only bring that to four, and they needn't go much further with that. I doubt characters such as Zoey or Bianca Bertinelli will make much more than the odd guest appearance, same for Renee and William.

I know this is all out in the wind at the moment, I'm just saying that if Legends were to wrap up, bringing Sara across to the Canaries show wouldn't be the worst idea - she is a Canary after all.

I think it's better not to have Sara on Green Arrow and the Canaries, because she'd just take over that show like she has with Legends and it would be all about her. The others wouldn't really get a chance to shine as much as they would without her casting her long shadow over it all the time. She can guest star every now and then but stay on her own show where it is already about her.

Green Arrow and the Canaries backdoor pilot scored a 0.334 unrounded L+SD rating this week.

The second highest rated show on the CW was Supernatural, which produced a 0.234.

Black Lightning produced a 0.16, a series low. Batwoman and Supergirl were both under 0.23, Flash was off.

I think it's better not to have Sara on Green Arrow and the Canaries, because she'd just take over that show like she has with Legends and it would be all about her. The others wouldn't really get a chance to shine as much as they would without her casting her long shadow over it all the time. She can guest star every now and then but stay on her own show where it is already about her.

Personally, I like the idea of Sara taking over because as far as I'm concerned she's the true (Black) Canary of the Arrowverse. I like Laurel (both of them, but more this one) and Dinah as characters, but the legacy character aspect of this is what makes me uninclined to watch. Some time back I actually contemplated the idea of a female group series, but the characters I had in mind were Sara, Thea, Huntress, and Katana.

The spin off is looking like its going to be dead and will not be picked up.

The spin off is looking like its going to be dead and will not be picked up.
Well there's a shocker boys and girls, though it truly does amaze me how Batwoman is still going (and looks to continue) whereas this Canaries show wont even get a chance.

I guess the CW properties need to focus less on spinoffs, and more with originality. Give us a Booster Gold & Blue Beetle buddy series or something, or maybe do something with the cancelled Swamp Thing or Krypton.

CW released it's schedule....they passed on the show. Highest rated episode of the season, trending on the twitter....active promotion...all a waste.

Don't Give Up on Katy Keene & Green Arrow (Yet)

On a call announcing The CW's new plan for the 2020-2021 season that sees the network holding its new and returning shows for a January 2021 premiere, network boss Mark Pedowitz addressed the many projects in limbo, including Green Arrow and the Canaries, a spinoff of Arrow, and the Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene.

According to Pedowitz, there are active discussions with the studio about Green Arrow and the Canaries, which aired as a backdoor pilot in the final season of Arrow. It has not been ordered to series, but Pedowitz said that and The 100 prequel series are "very much alive." Th new Green Arrow series has Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Karkavyset as leads.

I think somebody must have asked for too much money. No other logical reason for this.

What's so hard to decide? Either you want the show or you dont. Its been 5 months.

It could be Coronavirus related. Maybe they were going to pass on it, but now they don't want to have to film a pilot for something else, or maybe they were going to greenlight it but now they're hesitant to start a new show altogether.

Any news on this spin-off? Is it dead or still in development?

I’m still holding out hope that this gets picked up.

123341864_695137618102140_217395264335426773_n-18d16c46a9a0fa835.jpg
123245195_722193931984115_3685535396660846894_n-19473293350ef6046.jpg

I’m still holding out hope that this gets picked up.

Me too, episode 9 was one of my favorites of the final season, like a cross between Birds of Prey and Charlie's Angels.

I imagine if they mess around much longer the actors will start looking for other work, if they haven't already. You can't just leave a pilot sitting around indefinitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"