Homecoming "The Sinister Six" - How would it play out?

that would just be another mistake made if they attempted to say the ending of TASM2 didn't happen, it would look bad on them and at this point they need to keep consistency

TASM3 doesn't need to do a similar idea to TDKR by having him get back into the suit after a long time to stop a threat

Why can't Spider-Man appear for 10 minutes just for a fight scene at the end but lose the fight then in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 he discovers an alien life form which his Father has been working on believing it was the cure to cancer but this life form turns his costume black(I mixed ultimate with 616)and then he defeats the sinister Six with it at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 3 the Symbiote bonds to Eddie Brock in the after credits scene which leads into The Venom movie and In The Amazing Spider-Man 4 Venom fignts Spider-Man but ends up killing Spider-Man then discovers Carnage is on the loose and the climax of The Amazing Spider-Man series is a battle between Venom and Carnage then in 5 Years start plans for a 3rd reboot

I think Sony and Webb could/should take a bold movie and act like the entire Rhino final 2 minutes didn't happen. The general audience will be confused, but **** it, they will get over it if the movie they are watching is a good movie.

Look at Back to the Future 2. The entire movie was dictated to them because of a throw away line at the end of BttF (It's your kids, Marty). I bet the film makes of 2 wished they could have ignored that line and gone in a completely different direction. They had a time machine that could literally go to any period in time but they had to play out the Marty kids storyline.

Start the movie with Peter out of costume and make no mention of Peter putting on the costume at the end of ASM2. Retconn Rhino out of ASM2 entirely. **** character.

Come on I hate Jar Jar Binks but he was the main reason there was a galactic Empire wherevever you like The Rhino or not he is still part of The Amazing Spider-Man movie history and who knows he may turn out to be your favourite Sinister Six Member

Okay, I admit it, it was a stupid idea but I hate the final 2 minutes of ASM2 and especially Rhino so much. I'm hoping the negative reaction to Rhino will see Sony and Goddard drop him from S6.

Last edited:
Actually I just hope for some great story telling and goddard being involved with the franchise

I'm hoping they can turn the fortunes around of Spidey and make him relavent again (altough 700m is nothing to be sniffed at).

Okay, I admit it, it was a stupid idea but I hate the final 2 minutes of ASM2 and especially Rhino so much. I'm hoping the negative reaction to Rhino will see Sony and Goddard drop him from S6.

Here's an idea why not try and improve the character and prove people wrong

I'm hoping they can turn the fortunes around of Spidey and make him relavent again (altough 700m is nothing to be sniffed at).

Hey man, I hope you don't mind me asking but you were one of the ones that really loved TASM2 when it came out in cinemas and I recall you saying on these boards you watched it multiple times and still enjoyed it. What's made you change your mind since then?

Hey man, I hope you don't mind me asking but you were one of the ones that really loved TASM2 when it came out in cinemas and I recall you saying on these boards you watched it multiple times and still enjoyed it. What's made you change your mind since then?

I love ASM2 but hate the final 2 minutes. I haven't changed my mind about that. I wish they would have simply stopped the movie at the graveyard and have Harry Ravencroft scene in the end credits.

that's right. you can still retcon rhino's personality

Just cut him. There are far more interesting characters than Rhino, both visually and emotionally.

If Spidey hadn't returned at the end of ASM2 there could have been a really good scene between Peter and May.

Basically at the start of ASM3 the S6 are wreaking havoc on the city in an attempt to draw Spider-Man out. Peter is watching the news and you can see the pain and determination on his face. He is about to make a crucial decision. He gets up and almost like Aunt may has read his mind, she says 'Don't do it, they'll kill you'. Peter stunned says he doesn't know what she is talking about and May tells him she knows and has ALWAYS known. Peter despite her warning goes anyway.

When Peter returns as Spider-Man and is handed his arse on a plate. May is watching (on the news) and suffers a heart attack and the guilt Peter feels is almost more than he can bear. You have the second and final acts of the movie of Peter finding a cure and simply accepting that the people he loves will always get hurt in and out of costume.

Last edited:
I love ASM2 but hate the final 2 minutes. I haven't changed my mind about that. I wish they would have simply stopped the movie at the graveyard and have Harry Ravencroft scene in the end credits.

What about Gwen's speech? I know Rhino isn't a great villain but I've always appreciated the fact that Spidey isn't going after A-listers all the time and it was nice to have that in the film.

Honestly, I got really emotional when it came to Gwen's death scene when I watched the film for the first time and liked the uplifting ending, even if it was with a crappy, over-the-top villain (I didn't want to leave the cinema in tears :old razz: ) and still do get really sad so, for therapeutic reasons, I'm glad they had the ending as it is though I'm sure it would have made more of an emotional impact if they left it with Peter visiting Gwen's grave.

If Spidey hadn't returned at the end of ASM2 there could have been a really good scene between Peter and May.

Basically at the start of ASM3 the S6 are wreaking havoc on the city in an attempt to draw Spider-Man out. Peter is watching the news and you can see the pain and determination on his face. He is about to make a crucial decision. He gets up and almost like Aunt may has read his mind, she says 'Don't do it, they'll kill you'. Peter stunned says he doesn't know what she is talking about and May tells him she knows and has ALWAYS known. Peter despite her warning goes anyway.

When Peter returns as Spider-Man and is handed his arse on a plate. May is watching (on the news) and suffers a heart attack and the guilt Peter feels is almost more than he can bear. You have the second and final acts of the movie of Peter finding a cure and simply accepting that the people he loves will always get hurt in and out of costume.

I really like that idea, that would have worked well if TASM2's ending was different. I really want TASM3 to show a strengthened bond between Aunt May and Peter.

What about Gwen's speech? I know Rhino isn't a great villain but I've always appreciated the fact that Spidey isn't going after A-listers all the time and it was nice to have that in the film.

Honestly, I got really emotional when it came to Gwen's death scene when I watched the film for the first time and liked the uplifting ending, even if it was with a crappy, over-the-top villain (I didn't want to leave the cinema in tears :old razz: ) and still do get really sad so, for therapeutic reasons, I'm glad they had the ending as it is though I'm sure it would have made more of an emotional impact if they left it with Peter visiting Gwen's grave.

The speech was a little redundant as we essentially got it with Uncle Ben at the end of ASM. Seriously, just show the scene of Peter at the grave yard with the seasons changing. Roll credits. Then have Harry say he is going to put together a team and erase all mention or visuals about the Rhino. For me that would have made ASM2 better and given the film makers a freedom for S6 and the opening of ASM3.

Interesting idea. I like it.

spider-neil, I love your new avy!

I second this.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"