Female Superheores On Screen

My casting for Monica Rambeau, aka Captain Marvel, aka Photon, is Paula Patton. I actually want Monica to be bi-racial so they can do a casting gag for her parents: Pam Grier (who Roger Stern wanted Monica to look like) and Sylvester Stallone (a pun on the Rambeau last name). I don't think Monica, either with her powers or not, can't really carry her own movie. Her as a supporting character for a Carol Danvers movie could work.

My casting for Monica Rambeau, aka Captain Marvel, aka Photon, is Paula Patton. I actually want Monica to be bi-racial so they can do a casting gag for her parents: Pam Grier (who Roger Stern wanted Monica to look like) and Sylvester Stallone (a pun on the Rambeau last name). I don't think Monica, either with her powers or not, can't really carry her own movie. Her as a supporting character for a Carol Danvers movie could work.

What has Monica to do with Carol though apart from sharing the Captain Marvel name?

Not much, at least that I know of. They are friends though.

You know, this might be out there casting but what do you think of Sophia vergara as captain marvel? She's got the attitude and the star power. She can handle action and humour like a marvel film would.

I reckon she would be really cool

You know, this might be out there casting but what do you think of Sophia vergara as captain marvel? She's got the attitude and the star power. She can handle action and humour like a marvel film would.

I reckon she would be really cool
I applaud you for thinking waaaay outside the box, but no... GOD NO!

Give me Chastain or give me dea... um, scratch that... or another talented dramatic actress. :)

Last edited:
Monica does seem to work as a natural part of Carol's supporting cast, I'd like to see something like that on some level.

I would like to see Monica Rambeau debut on Agents of Shield.

Monica does seem to work as a natural part of Carol's supporting cast, I'd like to see something like that on some level.

Monica should have a lead role in her own film.

Monica should have a lead role in her own film.

She's not really a strong enough character to carry her own movie. It's not like she's ever carried her own book either. What would they even call the film? Photon? Pulsar? Spectrum? Rambeau? Certainly not Captain Marvel.

She's not really a strong enough character to carry her own movie. It's not like she's ever carried her own book either. What would they even call the film? Photon? Pulsar? Spectrum? Rambeau? Certainly not Captain Marvel.

Monica Marvel? She's a patrol officer gets energy powers. You can have a lot of fun with that.

So I've been thinking of female heroes who aren't Carol Danvers nor Black Widow or tied up with Fox's Fantastic Four and X-Men rights. Here are a few that should appear on screen.

Diamondback in Cap 3, then put her on the SHIELD show
She Hulk in Hulk 2 (then she gets her own spin-off since she's not just a sidekick and has potential for her own film.)
Misty Knight and Coleen Wing if an Iron Fist movie ever gets made.
Maybe a one-shot of Sif.
Jewel as Luke Cage's wife in a Luke Cage film.
Ronin in a Daredevil flick.

But Marvel should still do solo films for Ms. Marvel and Black Widow. Those DO need to be made long before She-Hulk. And Monica needs to be in a Ms. Marvel film.

If we are counting teamups, I will be disappointed if we don't get Runaways at some point. That can kind of count here anyways as it is majority female team with a female leader.

Technically, Runaways don't have a female leader for their first story arc. ;)

I respectfully disagree. There are a few characters who are strong enough to carry their own book who don't, Monica is certainly amongst them. So was Natasha until her recent movie related popularity. Naturally they'd call Moncia's film by her current codename Spectrum, and use the current costume because it's awesome and unique and has an iconic feel. It's not like they shouldn't make a Carol movie because some people think she should be called Ms. Marvel.

Rambeau has a cool heroic background, as a sort of harbor cop, and action heroes have been made with less interesting and less original purviews. As far as I know, there are no other law enforcement superheroes on screen at the moment, making her angle unique amongst superheroes as well. Her powers are as original and interesting and cool as they come, honestly.

The only thing she doesn't have in spades is a supporting cast, and she does have a bit of one, this is mostly a result of her not having a solo book more than anything. The fact that she still kind of has one anyway makes her very interesting. She'd kind of the dominant/most popular figure in a few of the books she's been in recently. That's because she's a very strong character.

The supporting cast is a bit of a stretch. She already has some basic stock characters to build on, Harbor Patrol partner John Audain, childhood friend in need Professor Andre LeClare, shipping contact Ron Morgan, and mundane villainous ne'er-do-wells like dictator Ernesto Ramirez and scientist Felipe Picaro. All are important parts of her comics origin and should be included in some fashion. I would round it out with at least Marcus Daniels aka Blackout as the Yin (energy absorption) to her yang (energy creation) I might include Karla Sofen as well, but that wouldn't work as well without all the moonstone jazz that doesn't fit as well with Rambeau's origin. I would include Project Pegasus though. I would also, personally include a non-powered Patsy Walker as her good friend and maybe even a mysterious Jericho Drumm as a love interest. But that'd just be me.

Though... calling the move "Rambeau" would be hilarious on a few different levels.

If we are counting teamups, I will be disappointed if we don't get Runaways at some point. That can kind of count here anyways as it is majority female team with a female leader.
Agreed :up:

Daughters of the Dragon...Colleen Wing and Misty Knight...I think they could work on the small screen. But they are just two of my favorite Marvel Ladies.

Daughters of the Dragon...Colleen Wing and Misty Knight...I think they could work on the small screen. But they are just two of my favorite Marvel Ladies.

I don't understand why Marvel can't produce such films already. They haven't gotten anywhere with their Marvel Knights films, but this title could re-establish that as a separate, exciting side of Marvel's stories. They can even include it as part of further anime adaptions.

They *can* produce them. They just aren't yet, because other things take higher priority. Marvel Studios doesn't exactly have infinite production capacity, after all.

images

images

I'd love to see Gemma as Spider-Woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back