Days of Future Past First Class ACTORS Thread [new proyects, interviews, quotes...]

That is an amazing image of James :hrt: He's maturing beautifully.

bad news for Michael Fassbender, for shooting conflicts with X-men, he wont star in the movie with Natalie Portman, Jane got a gun

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101434

This seemed to be a great proyect for Michael. For some reason Ive been thinking this movie would have given him Oscar buzz for next year

bad news for Michael Fassbender, for shooting conflicts with X-men, he wont star in the movie with Natalie Portman, Jane got a gun

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101434

This seemed to be a great proyect for Michael. For some reason Ive been thinking this movie would have given him Oscar buzz for next year

fassbender must have a pretty decent role in DOFP for this to create a problem

its good to know, as he is a good magneto

Last edited:
the same that I thought.

Its a shame, tho, since it seems an interesting proyect, and something new for Michael. And a movie with Natalie and Michael as the leads had too much potential

So more evidence on how big the FC roles are. Yet folks will still choose to believe otherwise.

Scheduling conflict has nothing to do with roles being bigger. Fassbender has a contract with Fox, pre-production on his next film probably took longer than expected so he had to drop. Happens everytime with actors.

No one is saying that James, Jennifer and Fassbender will just make cameos, but "big" FC roles is just an assumption at this point. Singer saying that he'll focus again on the Charles and Erik relationship is not only about James and Michael, but Ian and Patrick as well.

If majority of film takes place In 1973 why are only 4 first Class actors confirmed as returning?It seems like we have 8 now set for future scenes.That's a lot for susposly only
a small part of film.

Bryan Singer never said majority of film takes place In 1973.That came from other report.He said part of film takes place In 1973.

Michael Fassbender would be needed heavily even If there was a more equal split between 1973 and future.Which would be half of film In future and half the film In 1973 and time goes back and forth like comic.

You would think If majority of film did take place In 1973 there would be more from first class announced as returning.Right now with the nightcrawler slip and bryan announced an actor will be playing Nixon that's 13 characters councting both Xavier and Magneto as 1 character each.

Last edited:
Scheduling conflict has nothing to do with roles being bigger. Fassbender has a contract with Fox, pre-production on his next film probably took longer than expected so he had to drop. Happens everytime with actors.

No one is saying that James, Jennifer and Fassbender will just make cameos, but "big" FC roles is just an assumption at this point. Singer saying that he'll focus again on the Charles and Erik relationship is not only about James and Michael, but Ian and Patrick as well.

have faaaaaiiittthhhh, don't be so negative

have faaaaaiiittthhhh, don't be so negative
I'll wait and judge the film when I see it, and I hope it will be brilliant.

I just don't understand why people who have reasonable doubts about the real importance of the FC cast are treated like idiots by some people here. If you love a film and love the cast dynamics, it's only natural to worry about it when so many new actors are joining the film.

I just don't understand why people who have reasonable doubts about the real importance of the FC cast are treated like idiots by some people here. If you love a film and love the cast dynamics, it's only natural to worry about it when so many new actors are joining the film.

this is like a cross over movie, its FOX's big event movie

truth is unless singer is going to use the cast of XFC right then there is no point him doing this story at all, so its best just to have faith singer has a vision of how the 2 timelines will gel

singer had a big part to do with first class after all, its was a certain amount his film and vision too

and Singer has expressed his excitement to direct the new cast too, so

McAvoy mentions Alan Cumming:

James McAvoy Says Alan Cumming/Nightcrawler Back For 'Days Of Future Past'; Mark Millar Not Involved With Film

Because "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" doesn't already have a big enough cast with Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Omar Sy, Halle Berry, Peter Dinklage, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore and Hugh Jackman all slated to appear in one way or another, it seems the cast just keeps getting bigger.

James McAvoy (oh yeah, he's in it too) recently stopped by Heat Radio (via Digital Spy) and when asked about his castmates of the upcoming 'X-Men' sequel he rattled off a bunch of names like a contestant on that game show in "Starter For Ten" (good movie, by the way). "You got me, [Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender,] Nicholas Hoult will be back, and he's just blossoming massively over [in America]," he said. "Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Alan Cumming, Peter Dinklage I hear mentioned - I don't know if that's happening - 'Huge' Jackman is coming by, he's massive, 7'5″ and muscly."

Whoa, whoa slow down McAvoy...Cumming? Indeed, the actor -- who plays the constantly moving and trouble Nightcrawler -- was rumored last month along with Berry, before she was confirmed. Singer had said he was figuring out whether or not the story would fit him in, but McAvoy's word is anything to go by, apparently he has. And while we seriously wonder about an an ambitious, sci-fi tinged, two timeline mutant story that looks like it's going to be even bigger than "The Avengers" at this point, it's rather curious that Fox's comic book guru/consultant, Mark Millar, won't be giving his two cents.

"I’ve not spoken to Mark Millar at all. He’s not involved. I don’t know what his role is about. All I know is that I have my own specific beliefs about how to take this universe forward. I started with the first 'X-Men,' then 'First Class' and now I am combining them and I think it could go further than that and I have some ideas about that, so perhaps he should chat to me at some point," Singer told Bleeding Cool.

Interesting stuff, and probably a wise choice, if only because Millar can't keep anything secret for more than five seconds without tweeting it/posting it to his forums/telling a random stranger on the street. Shooting on 'First Class' begins this spring in Montreal. The film hits theaters on July 18, 2014.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...t-mark-millar-not-involved-with-film-20130312

If majority of film takes place In 1973 why are only 4 first Class actors confirmed as returning?It seems like we have 8 now set for future scenes.That's a lot for susposly only
a small part of film.

Bryan Singer never said majority of film takes place In 1973.That came from other report.He said part of film takes place In 1973.

Michael Fassbender would be needed heavily even If there was a more equal split between 1973 and future.Which would be half of film In future and half the film In 1973 and time goes back and forth like comic.

You would think If majority of film did take place In 1973 there would be more from first class announced as returning.Right now with the nightcrawler slip and bryan announced an actor will be playing Nixon that's 13 characters councting both Xavier and Magneto as 1 character each.

At present, we have more X-Men in the future than in the past.

Could that mean that the terrible mutant-hunting and death happens mainly in the past? Do we find that Havok, Banshee, Azazel, Emma, Riptide and Angel Salvadore are already dead?

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/james-mcavoy-x-men-sequel-will-be-much-darker
JAMES MCAVOY: X-MEN SEQUEL WILL BE MUCH DARKER

After the rather underwhelming, yet hugely profitable, X-Men: The Last Stand, it felt like Marvel's mutant universe might be running out of steam. And then X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released. And we were convinced that all steam had well and truly disappeared.

But 2011's inventive sequel X-Men: First Class was a return to form, introducing a fine new cast with more style and verve than Last Stand and Wolverine put together.

Hopes are therefore high for the inevitable sequel X-Men: Days Of Future Past and while speaking to James McAvoy for his new British thriller Welcome To The Punch, we managed to get a few exclusive tidbits on the upcoming blockbuster.

As with many second chapters (step forward The Dark Knight), things are going to get rather bleak...

"I think it’s going to be quite a dark journey compared to the caddish, almost playboy character that we turned him into in the first movie," McAvoy confessed. "I think it will be going through a darker place to ultimately get a sorted Professor X that we’re used to seeing come the third movie. This movie might be a little bit more of a passing through the crucible for him."

He also revealed that the ever-expanding cast (recent additions include original mutants Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen along with newbies Peter Dinklage and Omar Sy), is going to make for one hell of a spectacle.

"It’s going to be a humongous cast," he noted. "It’s going to be like the cast of the beach scenes in Saving Private Ryan but everyone’s a mutant and everyone you’ve seen in other movies before."

JAMES MCAVOY: X-MEN SEQUEL WILL BE MUCH DARKER

After the rather underwhelming, yet hugely profitable, X-Men: The Last Stand, it felt like Marvel's mutant universe might be running out of steam. And then X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released. And we were convinced that all steam had well and truly disappeared.

But 2011's inventive sequel X-Men: First Class was a return to form, introducing a fine new cast with more style and verve than Last Stand and Wolverine put together.

Hopes are therefore high for the inevitable sequel X-Men: Days Of Future Past and while speaking to James McAvoy for his new British thriller Welcome To The Punch, we managed to get a few exclusive tidbits on the upcoming blockbuster.

As with many second chapters (step forward The Dark Knight), things are going to get rather bleak...

"I think it’s going to be quite a dark journey compared to the caddish, almost playboy character that we turned him into in the first movie," McAvoy confessed. "I think it will be going through a darker place to ultimately get a sorted Professor X that we’re used to seeing come the third movie. This movie might be a little bit more of a passing through the crucible for him."

He also revealed that the ever-expanding cast (recent additions include original mutants Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen along with newbies Peter Dinklage and Omar Sy), is going to make for one hell of a spectacle.

"It’s going to be a humongous cast," he noted. "It’s going to be like the cast of the beach scenes in Saving Private Ryan but everyone’s a mutant and everyone you’ve seen in other movies before."

seems james is hoping for a 3rd movie, who knows

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"