Fox really does ruin everything.

The X-Men movies are not good as they should've been because all the attention goes on Logan! They might as well have titled them:

Wolverine

Wolverine 2: Wolverine United

Wolverine 3: The Last Stand

And what kind of cheese would you like with your whine? :whatever:

I actually liked X3 and find X1, X2, and Bryan Singer highly overrated. I agree everything else besides FC has been crap. I'm just giving Fox a pass because they managed to make a better comic movie than WB and Marvel (this year). I have little hope for Deadpool being awesome.
If anything he is highly underated, i only see fanboys saying bad about him but the truth is that he deserves more respect than what he gets, for x-men he was involved in the best movies of the franchise, the others kinda sucked

I'd rather have a one-minute ad rather than a Deus Ex Machina as Parker Wayne called him.

I'd rather have a MCU where crossover characters like Fury actually get to participate instead of only a 3-minute footage tucked at the end of the credits where not many audience get to see, but I think people like you would rather have the movies stay isolated, and then WHAM! Everyone suddenly shows up in the Avengers movie.

Yea. Still not sure what all the hate is about (besides the cringe worthy danger room scene).

I can think of so many things, such as the terrible handling of Cyclops and Prof. Xavier's deaths, the awful "conclusion" of the Dark Phoenix saga, laughable ways that Dark Phoenix kills her victims, bored new villains like Juggernauts & Multiple Man, flat new X-Men like Angel, and an ending that is not only un inspiring, it quickly tried to backpeddle on some of the major events that happened, such as the mutant cure and the dead of Xavier. Oh, and Wolverine actually became overbearing and no longer interesting. Hmm, that's about covering it all.

If anything he is highly underated, i only see fanboys saying bad about him but the truth is that he deserves more respect than what he gets, for x-men he was involved in the best movies of the franchise, the others kinda sucked

Strange, the fanboys I encounter usually praise his X-Men films. But I don't venture to the X-boards much...:shrugs:

I'd rather have a MCU where crossover characters like Fury actually get to participate instead of only a 3-minute footage tucked at the end of the credits where not many audience get to see, but I think people like you would rather have the movies stay isolated, and then WHAM! Everyone suddenly shows up in the Avengers movie.

Participation is fine as long as the participant doesn't hand the main character the solution to his problem on a silver platter. Fury moved the plot along but lazy writing killed whatever anticipation I had of seeing him in the Avengers. Though his Cap cameo was better.

I can think of so many things, such as the terrible handling of Cyclops and Prof. Xavier's deaths, the awful "conclusion" of the Dark Phoenix saga, laughable ways that Dark Phoenix kills her victims, bored new villains like Juggernauts & Multiple Man, flat new X-Men like Angel, and an ending that is not only un inspiring, it quickly tried to backpeddle on some of the major events that happened, such as the mutant cure and the dead of Xavier. Oh, and Wolverine actually became overbearing and no longer interesting. Hmm, that's about covering it all.

-Cyclops got a mercy killing considering Singer neutered him half to death.
-I had no problem with Xavier's death.
-I can't see Singer making a better Dark Phoenix Saga. At all.
-The Phoenix killings were some of my favorite parts.
-I thought X3 did a pretty good job of continuing Singer's legacy of watering down everything that I like about the X-characters. The new ones were just more fun to look at.
-The ending was cheap but the other two didn't wow me either.
-I'll take overbearing Wolverine over worthless Cyclops.
-All in all, I like the third movie but the whole franchise is/was underwhelming.

We can discuss the details for years, but I think the 30,000 foot perspective is:

Fox doesn't really invest what is needed to do these characters justice (not just in dollars, but emotion).

That lack of investment leads to mediocre films.

Those mediocre films lead to lack-luster box office receipts.

Those lack-luster box office receipts lead to less interest from Fox.

EVENTUALLY that lack of interest will lead Fox to let go of the properties they hold.

It's frustrating waiting for that 'eventually' to happen, but if we're patient, I think there will come a day when Marvel gets all their rights back.

we can discuss the details for years, but i think the 30,000 foot perspective is:

Fox doesn't really invest what is needed to do these characters justice (not just in dollars, but emotion).

Those lack-luster box office receipts lead to less interest from fox.

Eventually that lack of interest will lead fox to let go of the properties they hold.

It's frustrating waiting for that 'eventually' to happen, but if we're patient, i think there will come a day when marvel gets all their rights back.

ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

We can discuss the details for years, but I think the 30,000 foot perspective is:

Those lack-luster box office receipts lead to less interest from Fox.

EVENTUALLY that lack of interest will lead Fox to let go of the properties they hold.

It's frustrating waiting for that 'eventually' to happen, but if we're patient, I think there will come a day when Marvel gets all their rights back.

I agree with all that you said. I'm just waiting for the Avengers or Iron Man 3 that could possibly encourage Fox or other investors to support the better story-telling.

And I'm not so sure but I heard that a similar thing happened to Spiderman, right? Or was it different? From my understanding, there was a conflict between Sam Raimi and Sony, which resulted in the termination of Spiderman 4.

If anyone can clarify what the real problem was, that would be helpful.

Actually they recently said that they would now focus on better storytelling with the releases of First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Actually they recently said that they would now focus on better storytelling with the releases of First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Oh really?! :D....link please, if you can. This sounds very promising

Somebody posted it on the rise of the planet of the apes sequel thread or in one of the first class forums

Yeah...anyone who thinks the X-Men film rights are going to go back to Marvel anytime soon is horribly mistaken. Fox is gonna retain those rights until they squeeze every penny possible from the franchise, kinda like Sony with Spidey.

-I can't see Singer making a better Dark Phoenix Saga. At all.

Actually Bryan Singer's X3 is often called one of the best comic book movies never made.

Singer was originally supposed to follow up X2: X-Men United with a third film. His proposed story outline, according to co-writer Michael Dougherty, would have focused on the return of Jean Grey as Phoenix. She would have appeared as a primal force, one that would wipe out San Francisco upon its arrival. A force that would have sunk a freighter carrying mutants to be used as slaves, a discovery which would have sent Dark Phoenix on a mission to fight the war against humanity her way.

But unlike X-Men: The Last Stand, Emma Frost and the Hellfire Club were intended to be the primary villains alongside Magneto and his Brotherhood, with each side manipulating Jean for their own ends. Ultimately, the X-Men would have been caught in the middle, and eventually teaming up with their enemies to stop Dark Phoenix. The movie would also have introduced Gambit to the franchise. And yes, Cyclops was not going to die like a *****, and off-screen.

I haven't heard of this story, but it makes a lot of sense. 20th Century Fox had a lot of success with story and character driven X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, two movies that did far better than most expected to.

With how cheap Fox was with the past two Movies, I wonder what of that would have ended up being in the Movie. For example, weren't Sentinels supposed to be in X2?

if you don't care too much for the moive ihigly reocmed x-men anmited sereis it came out in 1990 you get retned them on netflix.i got onethur five on dvd its almost like watchig comic books come to life. i also liked x-men evouliton a lot too. i higly reocmed both of them.

I agree with all that you said. I'm just waiting for the Avengers or Iron Man 3 that could possibly encourage Fox or other investors to support the better story-telling.

Marvel better do something different, then. If there's anything that needs work in the Marvel movies, it's the storytelling.

With how cheap Fox was with the past two Movies, I wonder what of that would have ended up being in the Movie. For example, weren't Sentinels supposed to be in X2?

Yes, sentinels were in early drafts of X2. As for the budget, I'm sure Fox would have put up the money. They certainly did to rush The Last Stand into theaters.

Last edited:
X-Men: The Last Stand First Class was the best comic book movie of the year, and if anything Marvel should pay attention to what Fox got right with it. Of course the hardcore fanboys will always hate on the X-men movies for being innaccurate, but as films they deliver (well, except for Wolverine, but we'll just pretend that one never happened). Fox has improved a lot in the last few years, and I think that X-men is fine where it is. I think it's for the best that Marvel can't mix X-men into the Avengers movieverse anyway, because it already doesn't work in the comics so I can only imagine how badly it would ruin the movies.

Last edited:
I agree that the x-men as movies deliver but x-3 could have been so much better.
For now i hope Fox retains the rights and that Bryan stays aboard

X3 could have been a lot better, but I still think it was good.

I liked the idea of x-3 leading to x-4 instead of the normal idea of a trilogy

I liked the idea of x-3 leading to x-4 instead of the normal idea of a trilogy

That would be great. I remember the epilogue of x-3. Magnito was moving the plastic chess pawn, right? Or was it magnetic at the bottom?

X-Men: The Last Stand was the best comic book movie of the year, and if anything Marvel should pay attention to what Fox got right with it.

And what did Fox "get right" with X3?

I am not saying I did not like it, I just want to know what you felt was right about it?

That would be great. I remember the epilogue of x-3. Magnito was moving the plastic chess pawn, right? Or was it magnetic at the bottom?
It had metal, but Bryan SInger's story for x-3 wouldn't have the cure, only the phoenix saga and the hellfire club, what i do know is that it was supposed to be shot back-to-back to x-4

And what did Fox "get right" with X3?

I am not saying I did not like it, I just want to know what you felt was right about it?

I meant to write "First Class." I must be dyslexic, because I got first and last mixed up. :(

That doesn't mean I don't like X3 though. It escalated the stakes high enough to be a good bookend and wrapped things up well while also leaving the door open for more. Visually I think it was also the best looking out of the three.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"