Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about WW vs Thor:

tumblr_oqzo3mGep11rq9ihbo3_400.gif

MCU Thor would curbstomp DCEU Wonder Woman. Comic Wonder Woman vs Comic Thor? That's a different story.

Watching this a second time, I noticed that her facial expression/"reaction" acting was really solid. Her line readings are not the best, but her ability to emote facially is stronger than I gave her credit for. And aside from that, she can really pull off this combination of natural charm and steely determination, which Ihaven't seen too much in a superhero movie since Christopher Reeve.

I've seen that, and he's still wrong. The DCEU Wonder Woman doesn't seem to be nearly as strong as some of the other comic incarnations. Plus, the DCEU Wondy's inability to fly would put her at severe disadvantage against Thor, who has shown the ability to fly at super speeds. If her power levels are increasing as she ages, which might be the case, then maybe she gets to Thor's power level eventually.

I've seen that, and he's still wrong. The DCEU Wonder Woman doesn't seem to be nearly as strong as some of the other comic incarnations. Plus, the DCEU Wondy's inability to fly would put her at severe disadvantage against Thor, who has shown the ability to fly at super speeds. If her power levels are increasing as she ages, which might be the case, then maybe she gets to Thor's power level eventually.

She can wield lightning and can she can fly and will be something she will fully do in a sequel.
She would destroy Thor.

She can wield lightning and can she can fly and will be something she will fully do in a sequel.
She would destroy Thor.

If MCU Thor hit DCEU Diana going at super speed like he did the Frost Beast, she wouldn't get up.

Why is everyone talking like [blackout]she didn't fly in this movie? She was clearly hovering in the air for half her fight with Ares. It's obviously an ability she has, even if she had only just discovered it.[/blackout]

I thought...

She clearly could fly, and she clearly slept with Steve.

But there seems to be doubt in the minds of some viewers.

MCU Thor would curbstomp DCEU Wonder Woman.

:lmao:

If MCU Thor hit DCEU Diana going at super speed like he did the Frost Beast, she wouldn't get up.

One problem with your theory: Diana wouldn't let him. (That Frost Rhino was a big, cumbersome thing, anyway.)

She'd lasso his toy hammer away from him, toast his taint with a few lightning strikes, then use her superhuman strength (the kind Thor doesn't have) to neuter him.

He'd have to change his name from Thor Odinson to Thor Overandout. :woot:

Thor has been under powered so far. His durability seems high, tanking shots from Iron Man and Hulk and Kurse. He's shown quick reactions to block lasers with Mjolnir.

But he's had the misfortune of having unimaginative directors when it comes to his offensive abilities. He's never shown true superstrength or superspeed like he has in the comics. And Mjolnir has been displayed as nothing but a blunt instrument which can summon lightning. Whereas in the comics he can do all sorts with it like create black holes and energy blasts and forcefields.

Hopefully we see more in Ragnarok and Infinity War.

I haven't seen WW yet but even in BvS she seems faster and more mobile and a better fighter at least. Plus she's obviously fast enough to parry bullets.

MCU Thor has been dramatically nerfed. Wonder Woman could definitely beat him. But Comics!Thor? The guy who can shatter planets with the reverberations of his hits? That's another story.

Last edited:
MCU Thor would curbstomp DCEU Wonder Woman. Comic Wonder Woman vs Comic Thor? That's a different story.

No. No he would not. DCEU WW hung in a fight with DCEU Superman (whose evidence of being a few levels above MCU Thor is all over MOS and BvS) and DCEU Doomsday, who both have shown inherent physical ability far beyond what MCU Thor has. I don't think even after her solo film that WW is quite at Supes' level but she's clearly in a tier above Thor as he's been presented. I mean... Seriously, the way MCU Thor was shown against Kurse and how WW was shown against Doomsday and [BLACKOUT]Ares[/BLACKOUT]? Again, keep in mind we are talking about pure physical ability. Has MCU Thor's hammer use been amazing? Sure has. It's as it should be a formidable weapon in the Odinson's hands. But that's what I mean. THE HAMMER in the MCU get's presented as what makes Thor a huge threat. Maybe it's because Hulk only really has titanic strength going for him but in pure strength and invulnerability they have yet to really illustrate on screen that Thor is by himself Hulk/Superman/Wonder Woman strong and invulnerable.

Did not realise there are two "Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman" threads.

Suppose when someone is THAT awesome it's warranted.

Awww come on. You mean you wouldn't want a Wonder Woman who has a Vin Diesel scowl on her face for 100% of the movie?

It would be for more than 100% of the movie. It would be for the premieres, interviews and at night haunting your dreams too. :o

Did not realise there are two "Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman" threads.

Suppose when someone is THAT awesome it's warranted.

Pretty sure that one of them is in the Justice League forum while the other is in the WW forum.

Wondys sonic boom/boosh :-)hehe:) would knock out Thor easily.

Thor got worked by Ultron. He wouldn't stand a chance against Wonder Woman.

Didn't they actually fight in that crossover? I know she picked up Mjolnir and became even stronger.

Thor has been under powered so far. His durability seems high, tanking shots from Iron Man and Hulk and Kurse. He's shown quick reactions to block lasers with Mjolnir.

Odinson didn't look like he was faring well against Kurse. In fact, he was getting tenderized like a cut of flank. Loki to the rescue with the Dark Elf tech.

MCU Thor has been dramatically nerfed. Wonder Woman could definitely beat him. But Comics!Thor? The guy who can shatter planets with the reverberations of his hits? That's another story.

Comics-Wonder Woman still beats Comics-Thor. Diana can go toe to toe with Supes, which means she can take on the likes of Thor and the Hulk, no problem. Batman also called Diana the best melee fighter of all the heroes.

WW basically has Superman's strength with Batman's skills. Now that's deadly.

Didn't they actually fight in that crossover? I know she picked up Mjolnir and became even stronger.

I believe Thor fought Captain Marvel (Shazam) in that crossover. Diana did lift Mjolnir, but her fight was with Storm.

Thor won his fight (kind of a cheap win), and WW actually lost hers, but, if I am remembering correctly, there was some element of fans voting on the outcome.

Storm was very popular at the time, with the X-men being at the height of their popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"