Surfer Script Ready? 2008 Release??

I don't care what anyone else has in mind for a director. There's only one man for the job in my opinion;

Mr. Alex Proyas. :hyper:

And J is an phenominal writer in the best way. His work on the book "The Complete Book of Screenwriting" is so well-informed.

Yup, proyas would be the best choice in my opinion, and with such a great writer already having penned it, looks to be decent if they can secure the solid director.

I don't see it. Fox is pushing Wolverine for 2008 as it starts filming in November/December. There's no studio space left anymore as everyone's trying to avoid the strike.

No studio space left? You know that for sure?

I think the strike is the reason why Fox is fast tracking all of these movies. They need to get as many out as possible to avoid a possible drought in the following years.

So they are concentrating on the Surfer instead of FF3?

Silver Surfer is not on Fox's Pre-Strike priority movie list...

FOX
A-TEAM - Dir: None attached
COOL SCHOOL - Dir: None attached
DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL - Dir: Scott Derrikson
FANTASTIC VOYAGE - Dir: Roland Emmerich
GULLIVERS TRAVELS - Dir: None attached
MAGNETO - Dir: David Goyer
ME TIME - Dir: None attached
RUNAWAY TRAIN - Dir: Martin Campbell
SELLING TIME - Dir: None attached
STREET FIGHTER - Dir: Andrezej Bartkowiak
THEY CAME FROM UPSTAIRS - Dir: John Schultz
TOOTH FAIRY - Dir: None attached
TROUBLE MAN (PREVIOUSLY WICHITA) - Dir: Tom Dey
USED GUYS - Dir: Jay Roach
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS - Dir:

They've done the first step well, but what follows could go either way.

what I want to know is are they going to do Galactus right this time around. In FF2 he was just a stupid cloud or something dumb like that. They need to have full Galactus if they want the film to do any good

The cloud surrounded Galactus. That's why the Surfer had to fly through the cloud to get to him.

what I want to know is are they going to do Galactus right this time around. In FF2 he was just a stupid cloud or something dumb like that. They need to have full Galactus if they want the film to do any good

Having Galactus is not going to automatically make the movie good. It would not have automatically made the last movie good. Would it have helped? We don't know, that is pure spectulation. Would the fanboys have liked it? Probably yes in 99% of the cases, but as far as the main audience, we won't know until we actually see it.

Having Galactus is not going to automatically make the movie good. It would not have automatically made the last movie good. Would it have helped? We don't know, that is pure spectulation. Would the fanboys have liked it? Probably yes in 99% of the cases, but as far as the main audience, we won't know until we actually see it.

I've already read the first draft of the script. Let me say that this film has something I've never seen before in such a script. :wow:

I'm sure you'll find some around here interested...

I've already read the first draft of the script. Let me say that this film has something I've never seen before in such a script. :wow:

What's that? The title? LOL

Seriously is this gonna be a film with no human actors seen on screen and all CGI or what?

Yes. I liked the script quite a lot. Look. I'm a huge Silver Surfer fan and I wasn't to excited about his quote on quote "portrayal" in the second Fantastic Four film. Michael J. managed to do something very different with the character. He's really more like an anti-villain more than anything. Michael let you know this very early on.

There's a slight gib at the Fantastic Four film on pg. 78 --

"Earth is where you'll find them."

Overall, the script is very badass and well written. You would be proud to have such a screenplay. :)

Yes. I liked the script quite a lot. Look. I'm a huge Silver Surfer fan and I wasn't to excited about his quote on quote "portrayal" in the second Fantastic Four film. Michael J. managed to do something very different with the character. He's really more like an anti-villain more than anything. Michael let you know this very early on.

There's a slight gib at the Fantastic Four film on pg. 78 --

"Earth is where you'll find them."

Overall, the script is very badass and well written. You would be proud to have such a screenplay. :)

Cool...I'd love to hear the different things he'd done with the character.

Who are the villians beside Galactus?

And can you give a brief summary of the plot in the story?

Anything new. If this doesn't get rolling it could get bumped to 2010 or Holiday 2009.

Holiday 2009 sounds about right, i think a solo SS would be crushed in the summer.

As for Proyas, yes he would be the perfect director, but didnt he swear to never work for Fox again after I, Robot.

You know, after watching Sunshine a few times, i actually think Danny Boyle would make a good SS movie, whether he would do it or not though, i dont know.

I don't care what anyone else has in mind for a director. There's only one man for the job in my opinion;

Mr. Alex Proyas. :hyper:

And J is an phenominal writer in the best way. His work on the book "The Complete Book of Screenwriting" is so well-informed.

Alex Proyas is done with Fox and won't do a movie with them again.

I wonder if Danny Boyle would do it, he has worked for Fox Searchlight a few times and Sunshine was a great Sci-fi movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"