Surfer Script Ready? 2008 Release??

Well for Proyas it would mean Rothman not being in charge.

No matter who directs SS, Ottman has to do the score, his score's are great IMO, and his theme's for the Surfer in ROSS, especially the one when he confronts Galactus, are superb.

I liked silver surfer a lot in the f42 movie.

I heard lot of complains about galactus not being in that flick but i think fans in general can be very stupid and don't think about future or the reasons as to why something wasn't put in the movie.

In this case fans should have realized instead of moaning and crying and cursing the studio and director that they were saving him for a silver surfer movie. I mean really what is the point of wasting something as amazing as galactus for a 1-2 minute screen time, which the cloud got in f42?

Common fans use common sense.

Now they are putting the real galactus in this movie but probably won't be getting more than 10-15 minutes screentime so again everyone will complain but that is how it was in comics. Galactus didn't pop up after every 1 minute.

enough of talking. Let me get straight to the point ----- I am really looking forward to this movie which probably won't hit theatres until 2010 or 2011.

Well for Proyas it would mean Rothman not being in charge.

Imagine the day when Rothman isn't with Fox anymore. That will be a day of rejoicing...unless some lackey who trained under him takes his place. Which will most likely happen.

At least this film isn't taking place on Earth at all and they are going to show Galactus finally.:yay:

Do we know if Galticus is going to be in the film ? would make sense but did I miss where it confirmed that ? I am all in favor of a silver surfer movie rahter than F4. Just dont know if they can keep it interesting. Mind you Jesica Alba kinda does that on her own but still ?

It has been confirmed that they didnt show Galactus in FF2 because they wanted to show him in an SS movie, so i think if SS is made, we will see Galactus.

Straczynski's site has been updated.

Silver Surfer Movie
(Updated 19 March 2008)

Straczynski has written the script for a feature film starring the Silver Surfer. He turned in the final draft before the beginning of the writers' strike. The film is being fast-tracked and is expected to be released in 2008.
Source: http://worldsofjms.com/projects.htm#surfer

I'm thinking they mean 2009.

I hope they mean 2009....lol

When will they release this in 2009?

Fox already has their summer booked, november too they have a film and in december Avatar comes out.

Maybe summer 2010.

I hope they mean 2009....lol
Even for them 2008 would be really rushing it.:o
When will they release this in 2009?

Fox already has their summer booked, november too they have a film and in december Avatar comes out.

Maybe summer 2010.
First they need a director before thinking of a release date.

2009 is totally possible. Late 2009. It's gonna be total CGI here so alot of hours sitting at the computer. Doug's gonna like that news.

Eh no thanks. They don't need to release it in 2009. They already have so many big films coming out. I don't see the need of releasing silver surfer in 2009. We all know fox likes to release their comic book flicks in summer no matter what. Who knows maybe they will release it in august 2009? Otherwise summer 2010 is the best idea.

2010 seems the best option as Fox has a busy 2009 so far, i just hope whoever they get as director can actually make release the movie he wants rather than Fox pulling their '90 minute trick' again.

An SS movie, in the right hands and with no interference, could be something special, so i dont mind if they take their time.

2009 is totally possible. Late 2009. It's gonna be total CGI here so alot of hours sitting at the computer. Doug's gonna like that news.

If i am not mistaken fox has two big films for late 2009. November time they are releasing "Fantastic mr. fox" and december "avatar".

There is no way fox will release another movie close to avatar because that is a 200 million budget movie.

Silver surfer will probably be released end of july 2009 or august 2009. If they cannot make either of the dates then summer 2010 is their best bet.

2010 seems the best option as Fox has a busy 2009 so far, i just hope whoever they get as director can actually make release the movie he wants rather than Fox pulling their '90 minute trick' again.

An SS movie, in the right hands and with no interference, could be something special, so i dont mind if they take their time.

ooooooh expecting a movie from fox more than 90 minutes is asking for too much lol

Also i don't see them getting a director who has a lot of respect. They will probably get someone who can do action or someone we have never heard of.

ooooooh expecting a movie from fox more than 90 minutes is asking for too much lol

Also i don't see them getting a director who has a lot of respect. They will probably get someone who can do action or someone we have never heard of.

Agreed and AGREED, i know they originally wanted Alex Proyas but he swore never to work with them again after I, Robot, so i am expecting some no name who either has never done an action movie, or has ONLY done cliche and poor action movies.

Oh and i'm not expecting the movie to be over 90 mins long.

Don't be so sure about 2009's schedule. It's not in stone.

True, it seems Avatar has been having some difficulties, but i cant see it being delayed again.

^No mention of the SS movie in there AD, but thanks for posting anyway, good read.

^I read the whole thing and was bored out of my mind reading it.

Curse you AD, CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :cwink:

So does anyone know any more about the Silver Surfer spin-off?

My thought is that a spin-off might not work that well considering the large negative buzz from the two FF movies. And will a Silver Surfer movie be interesting enough, with enough supporting characters and drama to make a good film?

What sort of things should it include?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"