Surfer Script Ready? 2008 Release??

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
From Straczynski Project Watch - Worlds of JMS:
Silver Surfer Movie
(06 July 2007)

Straczynski has already turned in the script for a feature film starring the Silver Surfer. It is expected to be released in 2008.
Source:http://worldsofjms.com/projects.htm

UPDATE
Silver Surfer Movie
(Updated 31 August 2007)

As of mid-August 2007, Straczynski is working on the third draft of a script for a feature film starring the Silver Surfer. The film is being fast-tracked and is expected to be released in 2008.
Source:http://worldsofjms.com/projects.htm#surfer

Someone who can write, REALLY WELL!!!! We could be in for a good movie perhaps!

It's possible. Wolverine doesn't start shooting until November and that movie is going to be released next summer.

:wow:

YES!!!

Get an awesome director now, and we got one hell of a movie (potentially) :up:

Fox won't put it in 2008. No way. I still don't know how they're gonna start shooting Wolverine in November and have it ready for a late Summer release. That boggles my mind. Hugh Jackman is an exec producer on this so I"m sure it'll be done right.

I still don't know how they're gonna start shooting Wolverine in November and have it ready for a late Summer release. That boggles my mind.

I imagine that it's a relatively small cast compared to the X-Men trilogy. Keep in mind that the Fantastic Four movies were all made within less than a year, so it's entirely possible (and plausible) for Wolverine and Silver Surfer to get the same treatment.

Silver surfer is very possible because everything has been set up for in in FF2, they've got his voice/body/and special effects already sorted.

Plus as blader stated fan4 and the xmen films were made in under a year. Hulk will also be under a year.

Jeez, 2008 sounds a little rushy. I'd prefer they take the extra year and get it right.

2008 is not possible. That's not happening. They would need to secure studio space and that isn't easy and it's not ready yet. It's a major CGI film which also takes time. That was a misprint. It's 2009...at the earliest.

2009 is. Fox is already pushing it with Wolverine in 2008. How that is ready in the Summer seems crazy to me. However that is shooting in November. There's already 4 Marvel films for 2008:

Hulk
Iron Man
Punisher 2
Wolverine

Also dont' forget: Batman, Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, Narnia 2, Wall-E, Hellboy 2, etc...

I say keep this franchise AWAY from the Summer. Surfer and FF3 need to be Holiday releases.

2009 is. Fox is already pushing it with Wolverine in 2008. How that is ready in the Summer seems crazy to me. However that is shooting in November. There's already 4 Marvel films for 2008:

Hulk
Iron Man
Punisher 2
Wolverine

Also dont' forget: Batman, Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, Narnia 2, Wall-E, Hellboy 2, etc...

I say keep this franchise AWAY from the Summer. Surfer and FF3 need to be Holiday releases.

Sounds like another good year for films. Fox definatley need to keep this one away from 2008, already a lot of films out and there's only so much each of them can make at the boxoffice before another good film comes out. Same thing happened this year!

2009 is a solid release date...

Namor the Submariner March 2009
Thor May 2009
Silver Surfer June 2009
Captain America July 2009
Magneto December 2009

Lets just say Marvel is loaded...

JMS, I'll be damned. I had no idea.

I'm surprised, I thought his Spidey run had made everyone but me hate him.

I hope (against hope) that Fox allows a visionary director to make Silver Surfer into something unique. Like Star Wars directed by Ingmar Bergman.

JMS on the SS script this weekend at San Diego Comic Con:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/808/808908p1.html

HM
Thanks HM.
I hope (against hope) that Fox allows a visionary director to make Silver Surfer into something unique. Like Star Wars directed by Ingmar Bergman.
I think the majority wants that. *crosses fingers*

Another update has been posted on the same site.
Silver Surfer Movie
(Updated 31 August 2007)

As of mid-August 2007, Straczynski is working on the third draft of a script for a feature film starring the Silver Surfer. The film is being fast-tracked and is expected to be released in 2008.
Source:http://worldsofjms.com/projects.htm#surfer

No way Surfer is in 2008 unless they start filming this year and release it Winter 08. It's a 2009 film IMO.

No way Surfer is in 2008 unless they start filming this year and release it Winter 08. It's a 2009 film IMO.

If it's a Fox film, and it's production is described as "fast-tracked," then it's a sure bet that this will be released next year.

And keep in mind, like I wrote earlier in this thread, that X3 was made in under a year and that movie was on a much greater scale (in every respect) than any Silver Surfer film would be. It's certainly plausible for SS to be released next year, especially when Wolverine, which has a similar production schedule, will be released in 2008 as well.

If it's a Fox film, and it's production is described as "fast-tracked," then it's a sure bet that this will be released next year.

And keep in mind, like I wrote earlier in this thread, that X3 was made in under a year and that movie was on a much greater scale (in every respect) than any Silver Surfer film would be. It's certainly plausible for SS to be released next year, especially when Wolverine, which has a similar production schedule, will be released in 2008 as well.

I don't see it. Fox is pushing Wolverine for 2008 as it starts filming in November/December. There's no studio space left anymore as everyone's trying to avoid the strike.

I don't care what anyone else has in mind for a director. There's only one man for the job in my opinion;

Mr. Alex Proyas. :hyper:

And J is an phenominal writer in the best way. His work on the book "The Complete Book of Screenwriting" is so well-informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"