Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, if anything Disney would throw more money Verbinski's way...

Pirates was a hit doh.

They cut his budget for Lone Ranger and it was still too much. Lone Ranger didn't bring in the numbers Pirates did and I don't think A Cure for Wellness did anything to reaffirm any of the studio's confidence.

Now I could be wrong but to me Disney is throwing money at the franchise money maker's and not necessarily at the talent.

I think a project like Gambit isn't a sure hit. I'm just saying, I don't see them giving Gore more money.

If they wanted to give Gambit a large budget, they would have filmed this movie a long time ago. Part of this delay was because they realized the budget was too high.

Disney bought FOX.

@_ChristopherM from Omega Underground told:

As far as we know stuff like Gambit, X-Force, and Deadpool 3 are still happening. Things like X-23 and Multiple Man are big question marks at the moment.

Well, we know both Mangold and Chris Kyle both weren't fans of the deal as far as diversity in film go, so I guess as far as X-23 is concerned, it would depend on if they could still release it under the Fox label since all we know is they have a script in mind.

A Laura film becomes redundant when we might see the Wolverine in a MCU film in the not so distant future.

Well I wouldn't be sad, Disney could find a way to feature in a X-Men team film. Something Fox couldn't do and yet Mystique and Teenage Negasonic Warhead are X-Men.

No more Tatum Gambit :mnm:

We could see him in MCU alongside x-men and avangers

GAMBIT will happen. It shoots in Feb-March. The deal won't even be finalized by then.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-fantastic-four-flux-fox-disney-deal-1067672

'X-Men,' 'Fantastic Four' in Flux After Fox-Disney Deal

The long-gestating Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum is finally due to begin shooting in late February 2018 for a February 2019 release. What will be the box-office threshold for Disney to consider that movie a hit, thus warranting a sequel? The answers will lie in a re-evaluation of the projects down the line to see how and if it fits into a broader Marvel strategy, according to sources.

I had thought about posting that article, but it's a somewhat speculative non-answer. All they're basically saying is Disney is going to carefully consider whether it's worth continuing these projects, but isn't flat out saying no to any of them.

I had thought about posting that article, but it's a somewhat speculative non-answer. All they're basically saying is Disney is going to carefully consider whether it's worth continuing these projects, but isn't flat out saying no to any of them.

As for Gambit it is just about possible sequel.
Right now first movie is happening and I am glad.

If Disney had the rights all this time, they wouldn't make a Gambit film, so don't be surprised if this film doesn't move forward.

Disney likely won't have any say in the matter and they probably won't for over 12 months.

Why is that bit of detail ignored?

Last edited:
I want Cyclops/Emma Frost Gambit/Rogue Havok/Polaris Psylocke/Angel in MCU

X-movies by Fox wasnt possible (Cyclops in 2000's while Emma in 60's, Gambit in 80's while Rogue in 2000's .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"