Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha Avengers vs X-men? Yeah, that'll happen...

Don't be sarcastic! We could at least see some X-Men join the Avenger's ranks. I hear Marvel's killing off the X-Men in the comics for some sort of renaissance. That may suggest they intend to work with Fox on promoting the franchise at the very least. we've also long wanted to see some crossover there.

Apocalypse box office won't affect how fox sees Gambit, Gambit is a totally different beast altogether that will sit on its own and be judged by its own merits and marketing appeal, plus any issues gambit was having was way before apocalypse was even released.

This. Apocalypse has nothing to do with if this gets made or not.

You really think that the latest X-men movie under-performing won't change how Fox views the already very expensive Gambit movie that no one is really asking for?

tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

You really think that the latest X-men movie under-performing won't change how Fox views the already very expensive Gambit movie that no one is really asking for?

tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif
I think most of the people who believe that only believe that believe that because they want a solo Gambit movie. And there is nothing wrong with wanting one but that doesn't mean that the signs are pointing in that direction.

A Pacific Rim 2 is happening so I'll never say never. But will a 150+mil Channing Tatum starring Gambit happen? I doubt it. I will be shocked if such a project happened. Unlike Fantastic Four, Fox don't have to rush the film to keep the film rights. And everybody should recall that Deadpool cost around 60 million to make. That isn't the budget number we are hearing for Gambit.

Last edited:
This film Captain Marvel and Inhumans keep getting pushed backed I wonder which of the 3 we will see first. Captain Marvel has a release date for now, but then a Spiderman film can still push it back again.

They already cast Captain Marvel so I doubt there would be another delay. While Spider-Man HomecomIIng will probably come out in 2020.

Why the hell would it? gambit is gonna be its own thing which is either gonna make money and gain interest or it won't, that has nothing to do with X-Men apocalypse

I think most of the people who believe that only believe that believe that because they want a solo Gambit movie. And there is nothing wrong with wanting one but that doesn't mean that the signs are pointing in that direction.

Honestly i ain't that bothered about a gambit movie, the film was mean't to be out ages ago and that had nothing to do with X-Men apocalypse and whether its a success or not has nothing to do with X-Men apocalypse

This film Captain Marvel and Inhumans keep getting pushed backed I wonder which of the 3 we will see first. Captain Marvel has a release date for now, but then a Spiderman film can still push it back again.

Captain marvel probably, but i think gambit stands more chance of getting made then inhumans

Why the hell would it? gambit is gonna be its own thing which is either gonna make money and gain interest or it won't, that has nothing to do with X-Men apocalypse

.... Because they're both X-men movies? Gambit has a $150 million budget and its fair share of production troubles, the latest X-men film was a financial disappointment, how are they not related?

.... Because they're both X-men movies? Gambit has a $150 million budget and its fair share of production troubles, the latest X-men film was a financial disappointment, how are they not related?

Because not all X-men movies are gonna make the same money just like not all MCU movies make the same money, different interest for different movies, now yeah $150 mil is a big budget for gambit unless they reduce the budget down which is possible but that will have nothing to do with how X-men apocalypse did since even if apocalypse had grossed a billion it wouldn't mean gambit was gonna do the same, gambit will make what it's gonna make either way.

Because not all X-men movies are gonna make the same money just like not all MCU movies make the same money, different interest for different movies, now yeah $150 mil is a big budget for gambit unless they reduce the budget down which is possible but that will have nothing to do with how X-men apocalypse did since even if apocalypse had grossed a billion it wouldn't mean gambit was gonna do the same, gambit will make what it's gonna make either way.

I'm not saying Gambit is going to do the same, I'm saying that it's part of the same brand and said brand's latest movie just showed diminishing returns and a noticeable lack of interest compared to it's predecessors. Deadpool demonstrated how the audience was ready and willing to embrace something new, and the opposite was shown with Apocalypse. I'm not sure how Gambit is shaping up behind closed doors thus far, but I have a feeling it's more of the standard X-men film that audiences have grown weary of, which has to make Fox particularly nervous with such a hefty price tag.

I'm not saying Gambit is going to do the same, I'm saying that it's part of the same brand and said brand's latest movie just showed diminishing returns and a noticeable lack of interest compared to it's predecessors. Deadpool demonstrated how the audience was ready and willing to embrace something new, and the opposite was shown with Apocalypse. I'm not sure how Gambit is shaping up behind closed doors thus far, but I have a feeling it's more of the standard X-men film that audiences have grown weary of, which has to make Fox particularly nervous with such a hefty price tag.

I suppose the question is what is a standard x-men movie? Does The Wolverine count as a standard x-men movie? because chances are that's the closest example we have to how gambit would be seen if you don't wanna count deadpool as a standard X-men solo movie

Last edited:
I suppose the question is what is a standard x-men movie? Does the wolveirine count as a standard x-men movie? because chances are that's the closest example we have to how gambit would be seen if you don't wanna count deadpool as a standard X-men solo movie

Yeah, that's about the closest comparison. But we'd have to acknowledge how much more popular Wolverine is than Gambit, and how underwhelming Wolverine's latest domestic box office return was, which further illuminates my point. I never believed they had any confidence in Gambit, and even less so after Apocalypse's performance.

Pushing back CM is very unlikely given that Marvel has signed an Academy Award winning actress to the role and there's a decent chance Carol will be getting powered up in the Infinity War film (Perhaps with a Phoenix style origin?). Anyhoo, rescheduling her solo would require rewrites on multiple films.

My guess is we'll see both Gambit and Inhumans in someone else's film first and that may determine whether we will see them in a starring role.

The thing to note about CM is that, no matter the schedule shift that's happened (whether it was the inclusion of Spider-Man: Homecoming, or adding in the Ant-Man sequel), CM has *ALWAYS* remained in between the two Avengers films. Which leads me to think that it may have a narrative/storyline reason that requires it to happen in between those two movies. I'd be surprised if CM gets shifted again.

The next Spider-Man film (after Homecoming) will likely take one of the 'penciled in' 2020 dates/will wait until Phase 4

I do really hope we eventually get a Gambit film, he's one of my favorite X-Men characters (2nd behind Wolverine).

If they had that state of mind after The Wolverine we wouldn't have got deadpool.

You're kind of proving my point for me. Fox only made Deadpool because the internet collectively grabbed them by the collar and screamed "TAKE OUR MONEY", and even then they only gave it a third of the budget that Gambit will supposedly have.

At the same time the budget shows they at least at one time had quite a bit of faith in the project.

What own thing? Do people forget that Gambit exists in the same universe as the other X-Men films. So its not like they could just brush off the box-office performance of the previous X-Men films. If X-Men: Apocalypse equaled the numbers of DOFP, some people would have probably said at this point, that its a good thing for Gambit. But since that didn't happen, it doesn't matter to Gambit.

What own thing? Do people forget that Gambit exists in the same universe as the other X-Men films. So its not like they could just brush off the box-office performance of the previous X-Men films. If X-Men: Apocalypse equaled the numbers of DOFP, some people would have probably said at this point, that its a good thing for Gambit. But since that didn't happen, it doesn't matter to Gambit.

It doesn't just like chances are deadpools box office wasn't effected by DOFP, totally different beast altogether to compare.

Last edited:
But they should learn from Deadpool.

Despite its low budget, it is the top-grossing X-Men franchise movie. That's because it was a fresh concept, a comic-accurate look (that got good WOM from those vocal fanboys online) and which the lead actor was determined to get right, a good release date and had great marketing.

Gambit does not need that massive budget. It needs the other factors above to be in place.

Heck, maybe some of the creative minds behind Deadpool ought to oversee the rest of the X-Men films. If anything, they certainly know more about marketing than, I feel, any of the other comic book films released this year. Though you can get away with that for Deadpool. I don't think you could do that kind of marketing with something like Dawn of Justice or Doctor Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"