Days of Future Past Gambit...?

isn't it kinda hard to do gambit since he would have to be like 60 in modern times if you keep origins in canon unless they just ignore him and do a new version like Vaughn did with emma frost

First of all, he's a mutant so anything is possible. They could do what they do to Sebastian Shaw maintaining his youth and no one would complain/criticize about it.

Though I think if Gambit/Emma Frost were in DOFP and there's a physical time-travel, they could accidentally throw those 2 in the modern-day world towards the end of DOFP and make them members of the X-Men in the next film.

I would love for something like that to happen where Emma and Gambit are somehow transported to the Original Trilogy timeline

They should cast Thomas Mcdonell as Gambit in the 1973 team.

prom-photo-thomas-mcdonell4.jpg

You know what would be cool?

If Gambit showed up in a sequel as one of Apocalypse's horsemen. That could explain any "age" issues in relation to WOLVERINE.

Oh man, I'm starting to believe I'll never see a proper Gambit integrated in an Xmen film. Ok, I liked Taylor Kitsch but that movie was bad and it was so obvious they just shoehorned his character into that movie.

I was hoping DOFP would bring him back and do him justice, or at least leave open his character for future movies, but if I'm not mistaken he's been ignored in this one... again. :csad: Or are there any spoilers or comments from the crew that indicate there's a possibility of him appearing?

I don't care if they recast him, I just want to see him in an Xmen film.

You will have to wait for followup to DOFP.

The good news for Gambit fan Is Bryan SInger has listed him as character he hasn't used that he would like to use In future.back In 2011 he said same about quicksilver.And he's
In DOFP.

isn't it kinda hard to do gambit since he would have to be like 60 in modern times if you keep origins in canon unless they just ignore him and do a new version like Vaughn did with emma frost

Although this character was initially advertised as Emma Frost during a TV promo, she was credited as Kayla’s Sister/Emma (Tahyna Tozzi). So, at the time, she was considered as Emma Frost – especially with her diamond powers – but since liberties were taken, she is no longer the Emma Frost viewers are familiar with.

Some people also say she's Emma's daughter.

He could be the son of Gambit in origins, Remy LeBeau Jr.

They could easily include Gambit and Deadpool in a future X-Men team movie without recasting and retconning the Gambit/Deadpool that we saw in Origins. if this was the comic-books, this wouldn't be a big issue, in fact a lot of things like this happened in the comics.

And give him a real Cajun accent.

'With Style, petite. With Style.'

Singer wanted Channing Tatum for playing Gambit role.

Tatum has been saying he wanted to play Gambit for years, I remember back then when Taylor was cast he said it too.

I really don't care who plays him at this point, I just wanna see him in an Xmen film that features all the members of the team, not just wolverine.

You will have to wait for followup to DOFP.

The good news for Gambit fan Is Bryan SInger has listed him as character he hasn't used that he would like to use In future.back In 2011 he said same about quicksilver.And he's
In DOFP.

*sigh*

Yeah, I guess so. But I doubt all the actors will return again. It's a shame that we will most likely never see him as a part of the original team.

if gambit is used, its fair to say he could be in a solo film like singer once said, or he could appear in the next FC movie with the younger generation, or maybe X-force with a new bunch of mutants, or even the next OT film

i do believe gambit will be used again, but i don't think its nailed down as to what he will be used for

before a solo movie, Im sure Fox and Singer will use him first on a team movie.

Doing another solo movie right now is risky, so its better to get him back for an OT sequel, and if the audience likes the role much more than in Origins, they could take the risk later.

But with Singers comment, and Anna's Rogue finally free without bobby, all seems to lead to his return in the next years.

Gambit is more likely to be used In
1:Sequel to DOFP with remaining FC cast
2;Sequel to DOFP with OT cast

I think 2 Is more likely so they can pair rogue and Gambit together.They will likely fudge the age and have gambit's appearance In origins be one of things changed because of time travel In DOFP.

Gambit is more likely to be used In
1:Sequel to DOFP with remaining FC cast
2;Sequel to DOFP with OT cast

I think 2 Is more likely so they can pair rogue and Gambit together.They will likely fudge the age and have gambit's appearance In origins be one of things changed because of time travel In DOFP.

if rogue and gambit relationship gets put into singers universe i will be very surprised because i doubt we will see relationships like kitty and colossus or even cyclops and emma frost be done, let alone rogue and gambit

truth is he could be used in FC3 with cyclops,jean ect ect as the replacement wolverine for that film, he could be used for X-force to audience draw, again wolverine mark 2

Well I am glad cyclops and emma won't be done In film.

With Anna Paquin's comments at comic con and singer's Gambit comment I have feeling this could be time they go the comic relationship road.

They could easily include Gambit and Deadpool in a future X-Men team movie without recasting and retconning the Gambit/Deadpool that we saw in Origins. if this was the comic-books, this wouldn't be a big issue, in fact a lot of things like this happened in the comics.

I really agree with this, as there are so many different versions of the xmen series.

I guess in films, continuity in a saga all ways comes under scrutiny.

Gambit is 20 in 80s, only Sinister can fix and give what people want (Gambit+Rogue). Like someone said, clone of Gambit in present.

What if they found a way to make Gambit age slowly? Maybe they can have something similar to Shaw that he could absorb some energy to keep him young. Gambit can manipulate kinetic energy and potential energy so it wouldn't be that far off.

Too much of aging slower characters: Shaw, Mystique,...,
also all other looks 15 year younger than they really are: Moira, Cyclops,... enough.
Just make clone of Gambit or travel him to future with Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"