Apocalypse ROGUE's Altered States: Rogue to return for Apocalypse?

Again we already had a reboot of franchise.That was the time travel In DOFP.The trilogy has been erased along with 99 % of the wolverine and 97% of origins.

The whole point of time travel rebooting In DOFP was to do away with non-FC films so they can move forward with better X-Men-FF Shared universe.They aren't going to do another reboot especilly with DOFP being most sucessful film WW in series and if Apocalypse hits 700 Million WW.

Unlike some i never conisdered ending of DOFP happy for fans of OT since both X-Men and X2 were erased.I still find it funny anyone really thinks DOFP was apology for Last stand.

The new wolverine is almost certinly sequel to future ending of DOFP so the ending isn't going to be ignored.If reports on Hugh Jackman,Halle Berry cameos In APocalypse are right i still bet they are going to revisit the future at end of mid/post credit

I will keep saything this people.Rogue's mutation is absorbing engery and powers.Not the other stuff.She absorbed it from MS marvel a character fox doesn't have the rights to.

DoFP didn't reboot this franchise any more than First Class did. Singer pulled a Star Trek 2009 by way of FRINGE Season 4.

As far as seeing a younger Rogue goes, it's not out of the question, although there'd have to be a satisfactory explanation for what caused her to be born significantly earlier than she was before (something that we also need for Jubilee and Warren, BTW).

Last edited:
ScreenShot2015-04-20at9.26.23PM.png

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/20/anna-paquin-reveals-how-she-would-like-to-return-as-rogue-in-the/

The good things seems to be that Paquin's Rogue will be gone for good unless she resurfaces in the last Wolverine movie and I have a feeling she will be featured. Especially since there was so much buzz about her possibly of being included in The Wolverine.

I'm just praying that we get a reboot of the franchise completely so we can have an adequate Rogue.

She will be back as Rogue soon! In my opinion.

And Fc and Dofp werent reboots. And unlike Star Trek 2009, you would need to watch X3 to get an idea on who are the characters that appeared in the new future like Jean and Scott. The events of the first ten St films didnt lead to a new timeline where the ST09 characters exist. However the first seven X-Men films led to the events of Dofp and the new timeline. So they are different.

Both Star Trek 2009 and DoFP result in the creation of alternate realities, and both include significant links to their franchise's respective "prime" realities.

With ST'09, you have the effects of the Romulan Supernova explosion and Red Matter resulting in Nero and "Prime Spock" being stuck in an alternate past, and with DoFP, you have Wolverine - having lived through the events of the X-Men franchise's "prime universe" - going back in time in order to create both an alternate past AND an alternate future.

DoFP also has elements of FRINGE Season 4 in that Wolverine's direct actions are what is responsible for the "alternate reality" coming into being via manipulation of past events, just as Peter Bishop's actions at the end of FRINGE S3 are what results in the existence of the alternate timeline that is introduced in Season 4.

This thread really needs to die.

Yes I agree, I don't see how Rogue could be in this movie at all. we very well may see her again in another movie though her and Gambit in the comics have history idk if they would add her in that and those whom are upset about Jubilee being in this and not Rogue, come on that is just silly and I love the brick house brawler Roguemyself.

In Rogue's defense, not every mutant has the power to have almost any power she wants (and sometimes permanently). She would be Apocalypse's most valued pet!

Last edited:
Both Star Trek 2009 and DoFP result in the creation of alternate realities, and both include significant links to their franchise's respective "prime" realities.

With ST'09, you have the effects of the Romulan Supernova explosion and Red Matter resulting in Nero and "Prime Spock" being stuck in an alternate past, and with DoFP, you have Wolverine - having lived through the events of the X-Men franchise's "prime universe" - going back in time in order to create both an alternate past AND an alternate future.

DoFP also has elements of FRINGE Season 4 in that Wolverine's direct actions are what is responsible for the "alternate reality" coming into being via manipulation of past events, just as Peter Bishop's actions at the end of FRINGE S3 are what results in the existence of the alternate timeline that is introduced in Season 4.
I havent seen all Star Trek films and ST09 and STID didnt give me confusion that they are in different timelines. However if I am new to the X-Men and only saw First Class
and in Dofp and I see the lady holding Iceman in the new future and that guy with the quirky looking glasses... I wouldnt get it. So see I need to at least watch X3because the connection is so prominent even if there is already a new timeline.

I agree with you that "Universe/Timeline A" and its events are much more tightly connected to the creation of "Universe/Timeline B" than specific events in the Star Trek Prime Universe were to the creation of the Star Trek 2009 alternate universe, but I'm actually glad that Singer and Co. made it that way because it keeps the universe cohesive whilst also giving them more creative freedom.

Rogue doesn't need to be in this film, she probably wouldn't have a purpose in it

There are plenty of characters worth using though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"