Apocalypse ROGUE's Altered States: Rogue to return for Apocalypse?

Illuminata

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
Reaction score
UNqMI4E.jpg

With the outcry of Rogue being cut from Days of Future Past, I could see Bryan wanting to include her into this next installment. Especially if they are wanting to include Gambit into the next movie.

Does he reboot her character or does he continue with Anna Paquin?

Of course continue with Anna Paquin!

We just saw her at the end of Days of Future Past.

Love to see Rogue return as long as she does more in the movie than just angst all the time.

Well since all we know is it's set in the 80s it kinda puts a problem on that, and If bryan was gonna give in to the outcry wouldn't he have done it with DOFP before the movies release? You know the film he was getting it for? And with talk of the extended cut I doubt he will feel any pressure at all to include her in apocalypse

And I don't think the intention was ever to have her relationship with gambit be explored, in this film series she is with iceman

Last edited:
I hate to be bearer of bad news

Apocalypse takes place In 1983 with possable prologe In ancient egypt and poential epiloge In new future at end of Days of future past If they want to have Patrick stewart and any other OT actors who aren't Hugh jackman to appear In Apocalypse as Simon Kinberg hinted at with his some of Original cast will appear In Apocalypse comments

depending on when trilogy took place Rogue Is In 20's or 30's In new future of DOFP.Any character seen In new future Is bound by that.

Ending of DOFP shows Bryan Singer likely wants Rogue and Iceman together

Rogue's mutation Is absorbing powers not flight and super strenth.Those she took from Ms marvel.Which is avenger character who may get her own film.
The odds of them doing that ever Is very very low.Those who read the early draft of DOFP have said that rumor of rogue briefly having those powers In
DOFP were wrong.

We have no idea when we will see rogue again In films.

Rogue wasn't born before 1987. She's 17 in X1 (2005).

She was at end of DOFP movie, not cut. There wasn't scene with Rogue replacing injured Kitty, but she was in new future.

Im not sure how she would appear in this movie. Unless they just flat out reboot her which i dont see them doing.

Hope they stopped continuity errors, please no more!
So no Rogue, if there aren't any future scenes.

I agree. There's other muties that need a chance.
(unless apocalypse can tamper with the fabrics of time to mix people up across decades...)

Unless there are some kind of a brief cameo-like appearance by OT, I don't see how Rogue can be involved. Besides the major attention the FC4/Wolverine will be getting, I really think a fair amount of time will be spent on establishing young Scott/Jean/Storm. Not much room for anyone else.

Maybe they are saving her for Wolverine 3? It will be cool to have her as the lead female role. No storm, No Jean, just Rogue and Logan on a mission. Or maybe they can do an event that happened between DOFP and the new alternative timeline. They have to tell us what happened in-between, right? Wolverine, with supporting characters like Rogue and Colossus?

Depends. Wolverine 3 could be pre-DOFP's ending where we would learn more about what happened to Wolverine inbetween Apocalypse and DOFP's happy ending in the future.

OR could it be a Wolverine solo adventure in the future? if thats the case, he should bring along some of his teammates.

Maybe they are saving her for Wolverine 3? It will be cool to have her as the lead female role. No storm, No Jean, just Rogue and Logan on a mission. Or maybe they can do an event that happened between DOFP and the new alternative timeline. They have to tell us what happened in-between, right? Wolverine, with supporting characters like Rogue and Colossus?

I love that idea, since Rogue has filled the spot that Kitty had in the comics, they should go on a trip to Japan or something, though it might be to much Nippon for mainstream audiences to take. :whatever:

It also makes me wonder if Gambit and Rogue will ever meet when they're both young.

I know it seems like Gambit is a done deal to be in Apocalypse, but Kinberg said when questioned about it that he didn't want to add fan-favorite characters just to be adding fan-favorite characters. If Gambit doesn't make it into Apocalypse, there's a chance he could show up in the not-too-distant future in his own movie, which we know IS pretty much a done deal. They wouldn't even necessarily have to bring back the original cast, just Paquin and maybe a few other X-Men if she goes off alone and happens to run into Remy.

Just throwing out ideas...

Tatum to play 60yo Gambit? Not sure if serious...

I understood Tatum wanted a solo flick. It would make sense if it was set in the present rather than in the past and if it featured characters like Wolverine and Rogue.

It could even lead up to a spin-off X-Men film (not exactly an OT film but maybe an X-Force-like film) with Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine and new characters.

Well it wasn't Tatum that wanted the solo flick it was fox/producers that want it and most likely got him because they feel he could hold up a film by himself, the whole gambit solo movie has been on the table since origins

But From everything that's been said and done including them putting him being in origins in the first place and rogue and bobby having a romance for several films which tells me they have never really had the intension of having rogue and gambit be together or even putting her in his solo movie so people will pretty much expect that to happen, and I know a lot of people seem to assume that is the producers intension for rogue and gambits love interest of sorts because you can't have gambit without rogue... But the thing is you can

Last edited:
Well it wasn't Tatum that wanted the solo flick it was fox/producers that want it and most likely got him because they feel he could hold up a film by himself, the whole gambit solo movie has been on the table since origins

But From everything that's been said and done including them putting him being in origins in the first place and rogue and bobby having a romance for several films which tells me they have never really had the intension of having rogue and gambit be together or even putting her in his solo movie so people will pretty much expect that to happen, and I know a lot of people seem to assume that is the producers intension for rogue and gambits love interest of sorts because you can't have gambit without rogue... But the thing is you can

No, it was Tatum who has said he wants to do the solo first:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/06/09/channing-tatum-wants-gambit-as-a-standalone-movie/

Every article I'd remember seeing around that time when it first came out made it sound like the solo was what he wanted first, and the studio and producers wanted him in Apocalypse first. This was just the first one I knew I could find easily. So maybe you'd just seen the few that made it sound different. It could be the reason why there's never really been an official announcement yet of his involvement, but we know Apocalypse is supposed to start next year. Heck, it could be a stumbling block that could prevent him from joining altogether.

I could go for a Wolverine 3 set during the interim between DOFP's lead-up scenes. Especially if it filled in some of the gaps. Would be easy to market too, what with DOFP and prequels being popular

I would love to see Rogue in this film in a rebooted fashion but it certainly seems they are trying to keep this part of Singer's original franchise. That being said we'll have to wait until the X-Reboot before we see her again.

I think Singer is trading out Rogue for Gambit so we'll just see Remy & Ororo tension instead. Which I am for because Gambit&Storms adventures in the comics have always been my favorite.

How is Rogue gonna be in a film set in the 80's. With the way they established the character it's odd to have her in the movie. FOX and Singer just screwed all kinds of continuity up.

Guess it's a good thing no one's actually said anything about her being in the movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"