Apocalypse ROGUE's Altered States: Rogue to return for Apocalypse?

If Singer hadn't left to go do Superman, I wonder where this franchise would be right now.

rebooted like batman. maybe a couple of times like spiderman.

by the way, is rogue rumored as well ?

No

If Singer hadn't left to go do Superman, I wonder where this franchise would be right now.
X3 and X4 would be filmed back to back and I'm pretty sure a Wolverine solo would have still happened.

I dunno. Maybe he would have been worn out...though Fox would have never rebooted it even if he left along the way.

In hindsight I would still prefer that we got X4 to X6 than Origins, First Class and The Wolverine. Who knows if we would have already seen Gambit, Emma, Havok interacted or joined the main team.

We'd have seen Lost's Sawyer as Gambit! :heart:
And Sigourney Weaver as Emma Frost, if I'm not mistaken.

I would be so down for them adding Rogue to this storyline but ONLY if they get rid of Paquin's Rogue.

I'd love to see a closer version to Evolution or Comicbook Rogue. Not necessarily Ms Marvel powered Rogue but a characterization that contains her personality essence.

I think that's why I fooled myself into fangirling Paquin's Rogue so hard. I loved the comicbook version so much. I am still in love with Wolverine and Rogue's relationship in the comicbook over the years and again fooled myself into wanting to see this but Paquin couldn't bring that to the character in the films. Sadly.

if they have a mall scene in which Jean and Storm bump into Jubilee, it's going to suck if Rogue's missing...

I have a feeling they are going to turn Jubilee into comicbook Rogue which will be INFURIATING!

Jubilee's going to be a sassy little girl, I doubt they'd make her super strong, sexy, and give her flight abilities.

In any case, I think it was the other way around. They previously gave Rogue the role that Jubilee played in the comics (the tormented, weak teen that becomes Logan's unofficial sidekick)...

And, personally, I have a feeling that Jubilee is going to have a brief, sad role in X:A, similar to the little black girl in the Hunger Games.

Last edited:
Jubilee is the same age as Jean and Storm it appears. Don't be shocked if Bryan gives her Rogue's character. I can already see him doing that. I have a feeling i'm going to be super pissed.

Jubilee is there because Bryan watched the 90s animated series as his X-Men homework.

I wonder if we'll get another Rogue? I doubt it as she was shown in the altered future of DoFP and will be in the new Rogue Cut of DoFP which is basically a goodbye to Rogue.

Jubilee has to be in the 80s. 1) There might be no other timeline and 2) future characters would probably have very little screen time (cameos) and so Jubilee would probably compete with Halle Berry and Ian McKellen... there'd be no point in announcing her.

I agree with Psylockolossus, Rogue in a new OT movie is probably your safest bet, although most likely this will not happen.

It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for Rogue to return in the Gambit movie set in the (new) present/future. It would be easy having her as the female lead. She could be on that road trip (like she wanted to do in X1) and meet Gambit. Since the timeline has changed, Rogue could be more confident, happy and proactive. Paquin is one of the originals, well-known, probably not as expensive as Jackman or Berry and she could be a good link connecting the movies and characters.

I'm not sure what kind of role she could have in Apocalypse.

Oooo I do like the idea she's goes on the road trip with gambit. It's possible in a alternate time line

Paquin's signing another HBO deal & she's getting the only X-Men related project for 2015 named after her character. I think she may be done.

Rogue pretty much can't be in Apocalypse, unless there's a future scene that takes place in say 2023, give or take say 10 years. In other words, it's very unlikely.

In 1983 she isn't even born yet.

Since she was shown in the 2023 Wolvie wake-up scene we know that the events have played out, at least generally, the same for her.

We can definitely assume she has the same powers since she was wearing the long gloves when she held Bobby's hand in that scene.

There are a couple of possible stories where I could see Rogue, but they are all unlikely.

One is a Mystique spin-off that would take place in the later 1990's, and in this timeline (which could be the same timeline as the Wolvie wake-up scene) Rogue is Mystique's foster child. Part of the story could even be Mystique convincing Rogue to not let go of some person who has super strength, invulnerability and flight powers. There's nothing to say that the Rogue in that 2023 scene couldn't have those powers... Anyway, this spin-off story could be based on something like the Books of Destiny, making Destiny a new character, and it could even include Mystique's own team that could be a Brotherhood or even the government sponsored Freedom Force, that could lead to the government sponsored X-Factor.

The second would be a cross over story titled the X-Men versus the Fantastic Four. This would likely become a possibility after the F4 reboot fails miserably, as I'm expecting! Anyway, in this story 2025's Kitty has lost control of her phasing powers and her molecules are destabilizing. The other X-Men are away, so fellow team mates Iceman, Rogue and Colossus (and maybe others) take Kitty to Reed Richards. Reed has the ability to help, but for whatever reason, won't. This creates an epic battle between the F4 and the X-Men. Maybe Doctor Doom shows up and is willing to help the X-Men. Story plays out, the two teams work together and defeat the baddie. At the end the X-Men could do the following:

Create a new X-Men team located in Europe titled Excalibur. This could be either a movie or a tv series and could include Captain Britain (surely that's a shared character), Meggan, Pete Wisdom and Wolfsbane, along with OT Nightcrawler maybe. Anyway, the whole Aurthurian thing can play into it, Colossus' sister Magik could be part of the story at time, etc.

Anyway, although I could see Rogue in some stuff, as explained above, there's almost no chance she's going to be in the Apocalypse movie, and it's also unlikely we'll ever see her in a relationship with Gambit!!!

Rogue pretty much can't be in Apocalypse, unless there's a future scene that takes place in say 2023, give or take say 10 years. In other words, it's very unlikely.

In 1983 she isn't even born yet.

While i will agree that rogue won't be in apocalypse and personally i don't think she needs to be in it, there are plenty of characters that can be in it

but as for what you said above... you would have said the same about angel and jubilee

They were going to use her for The Wolverine in the third act but they couldn't make it work. They should add her in the next Wolverine movie. In the comics, she teamed up with Wolverine when they were in Japan so it would be cool to see on screen.

Also, if Jubilee is going to be in X:A so I don't see why Rogue can't be in it too..

While i will agree that rogue won't be in apocalypse and personally i don't think she needs to be in it, there are plenty of characters that can be in it

but as for what you said above... you would have said the same about angel and jubilee

The difference being, and it's a very big difference, that Rogue was shown in the 2023 Wolvie wake-up scene, the others weren't.

Why does that matter?

Well, some (dulusional) people will try to claim that the change to the timeline allows anyone who wasn't seen in the 2023 Wolvie wake-up scene to be born earlier.

Then when people like me point out that even if they could be born earlier, even though they couldn't, it still couldn't be before 1973.

This usually causes them to come back with some pithy, like "Singer can do whatever he wants!"...

Anyway, the point is that most everyone agrees that if we saw the character in the Wolvie wake-up scene, which includes Kitty, Colossus, Iceman and... Rogue; that that means that in this current timeline (and there's no reason at this time to believe that the Apocalypse movie will take place in a totally different timeline) Rogue will be born around 1989 or so. That would make her around 16 in 2005, and around 34 in that Wolvie wake-up scene, which took place in 2023.

In other words, Rogue CAN'T be in the 1983 Apocalypse movie, unless they use time travel, which I believe we've already been told won't be happening!

Unless...

The "new future" is actually Wolverine & the rest of the X-Men in heaven. Like the ending of (SPOILER ALERT)
Lost

ScreenShot2015-04-20at9.26.23PM.png

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/20/anna-paquin-reveals-how-she-would-like-to-return-as-rogue-in-the/

The good things seems to be that Paquin's Rogue will be gone for good unless she resurfaces in the last Wolverine movie and I have a feeling she will be featured. Especially since there was so much buzz about her possibly of being included in The Wolverine.

I'm just praying that we get a reboot of the franchise completely so we can have an adequate Rogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"