Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...that looks almost like he did toward the end of last season. When he comes out of that depression in the goat herder's field. I dig the mist. This would be my second favorite poster, after the one with the three-eyed raven and the swords.

More Hardhome rumors from 4chan's /tv/: Rattleshirt is selling wildlings to slavers from Hardhome. Tormund wants to kill Rattleshirt. Jon decides to lead a team to hardhome to apprehend Rattleshirt and rescue his wildlings. During all the other rumored action involving the Wights, Tormund and Jon are left alone to face an oncoming horde. Tormund throws Jon back and faces them alone, giving Jon time to make his escape. At some point, Jon locks eyes with the Night's King.

got-s5-poster.jpg

Hmmm...that looks almost like he did toward the end of last season. When he comes out of that depression in the goat herder's field. I dig the mist. This would be my second favorite poster, after the one with the three-eyed raven and the swords.

More Hardhome rumors from 4chan's /tv/: Rattleshirt is selling wildlings to slavers from Hardhome. Tormund wants to kill Rattleshirt. Jon decides to lead a team to hardhome to apprehend Rattleshirt and rescue his wildlings. During all the other rumored action involving the Wights, Tormund and Jon are left alone to face an oncoming horde. Tormund throws Jon back and faces them alone, giving Jon time to make his escape. At some point, Jon locks eyes with the Night's King.

Tormund is such a bamf!

Poster

Best we've had in a few seasons.

Yeah, this is easily the best since season two. The Ned Stark poster from season one is still my favorite.

Mini rant: Why spoil the reveal of Drogo (how he looks in season 5), i was assuming it would be a big reveal for episode 9.

They kind of showed season five Drogon in the trailer already, but the Drogon on the poster is from season four:

YM0st6q.jpg

For comparison:

got-s5-poster.jpg

So he could still look different anyway. My guess is he'll look pretty much the same, just bigger.

Yep good poster.

I actually find this to be the worst season poster. It's literally a screenshot from season 4 copy-pasted into some fog. Season 3's with the dragon shadow was bad, but at least it was original.

It's still a cool image. I like it way better than the season four poster with the three-eyed raven.

I like the design of the Three-Eyed Raven one better. It looked less fan made

So next season they're without a book for a tie-in cover, aren't they?

Well how are they doing it this season? There's two books, are they using the same cover for both, or only one or what?

A Dance with Dragons, I presume will be the tie-in for season five. Who knows for season six.

Huh. Well that's strange.

Yeah. Unsullied that pick it up expecting a straight novelization of season four will be like:

[YT]GMMotw3wRY4[/YT]

Maybe they'll go back and split the US editions of ASOS/AFFC/ADWD like some countries did with ASOS and ADWD.

According to SpoilerTV these are the episode summaries for the first three episodes:

Episode #41: “The Wars to Come”: Cersei and Jaime adjust to a world without Tywin. Varys reveals a conspiracy to Tyrion. Dany faces a new threat to her rule. Jon is caught between two kings. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, GV, N] ESP Playdates: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 24

Episode #42: “The House of Black and White”: Arya arrives in Braavos. Pod and Brienne run into trouble on the road. Cersei fears for her daughter’s safety in Dorne as Ellaria Sand seeks revenge for Oberyn’s death. Stannis tempts Jon. An adviser tempts Dany. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.) (TVMA) [AC, AL, V] ESP Playdates: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25

Episode #43: “High Sparrow”: In Braavos, Arya sees the Many-Faced God. In King’s Landing, Queen Margaery enjoys her new husband. Tyrion and Varys walk the Long Bridge of Volantis. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, GV, N] ESP Playdates: 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30

"Ellaria Sand seeks vengeance"

That's a shame. She had an excellent point in ADWD about how stupid the cycle of revenge is.

"Ellaria Sand seeks vengeance"

That's a shame. She had an excellent point in ADWD about how stupid the cycle of revenge is.

Yeah, but revenge makes for more enjoyable television. The viewers want revenge.

They could give Ellaria an arc where she comes to see that revenge will create a vicious cycle.

what a twist!!!!!!!

"Stannis tempts Jon." :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija