Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of it was believable, like the leak claimed Arya is sent to infiltrate that travelling acting troupe which I suppose could still be the reason for linking up with them.

It also claimed Stoneheart would appear, which is probably the reason why I've entertained the leak for so long.

Young Ned really looks like Jon.

tumblr_o6j3u89NTn1qmoy4io5_250.gif

tumblr_o6jhzx6JrW1uxzg4uo1_250.gif

the trailer showed what is thought to be Jon (obviously it is now) ... on a white horse. nice touch.

I'm conflicted on was this episode really any better than the 1st. Ramsay Bolton went on a political suicide by destroying his alliance with the Freys, heck even Roose for some reason doesn't even mention their alliance to the Freys in hopes casual tv viewers wouldn't pay attention.

Walda's death means Ramsay lost one of the biggest armies he could have acquired assistance from, and now we all can just confirm Ramsay will bite the dust too in this season, with an anti-climatic good vs. evil brawl.

On the otherhand, the Euron actor did seem promising and the Children of the Forest finally looked line one. Tyrion's dragon scene was cool too.

Davos not murdering Melisandra because of what happened to Shireen and Stannis is so weird, and where on earth did his resurrection dreams come from?

I don't know.... 5/10?

Yea but Jon isn't special right. :whatever:

I hope the 9th episode is simply called 'Winterfell' ... any other hopeful titles?

even though we all knew it would happen great to see it and Tormund is such a boss

I couldn't buy the dragons not burning Tyrion scene didn't make sense to me but nothing from that side does she should have been gone to Westeros

Davos not murdering Melisandra because of what happened to Shireen and Stannis is so weird, and where on earth did his resurrection dreams come from?

I think the point is he still doesn't know about Shireen.

I had no idea about those 4chan spoilers... never head either of those things... All i know is what I have shared and that episode 9 battle description.
Which is starting to look more and more real, with the way they have talked about dividing the houses and Roose being gone.

I think the point is he still doesn't know about Shireen.
He knows she is dead, doesn't know how. And while I expect Davos to act emotionally, I still think it would be unfair to blame Mel for that. It was Stannis decision. She told him what would happen if she burned her. It did. But she never would have done it without his permission.

I really don't want Mel gone. I want to see her and Jon working together. Her reinvigorated knowing she pulled that off. Or at least thinking she did.

I was just watching Dorne scenes from last week again and christ, whatever about Doran being murdered, at least it was done with proper stakes involved.

Trystane however got treated as an absolute joke.

Now that Mel brought him back, John should break her off some since he denied it to her last season :sly:

I couldn't buy the dragons not burning Tyrion scene didn't make sense to me but nothing from that side does she should have been gone to Westeros

Yeah it's even gotten the whole Tyrion is a Targaryen fan theory coming back to haunt us. :csad:
Trystane however got treated as an absolute joke.

Especially with those teleporting Sand Snakes.

SPOILER ETIQUETTE
A how to guide.

Prior to putting something in spoiler tags, PLEASE label what the spoiler pertains to.

Ex:

Book spoiler:
[BLACKOUT]everybody dies.[/BLACKOUT]

Show spoiler (episode 2):
[BLACKOUT]He did the thing![/BLACKOUT]

Show spoiler (future episode):
[BLACKOUT]Last night proves the set reports that all of the things happen![/BLACKOUT]​

I've had a few things spoiled for future episodes because people just used a general spoiler tag. I'd click it thinking it was in regards to the episode that JUST aired but it had to do with reports from like episode 9.

Addendum - this is a useless warning:
In regards to [BLACKOUT]that spoiler you were trying to avoid, here's me ruining the plot.[/BLACKOUT] You should be putting the topic of conversation OUTSIDE of the spoiler tag so we know to look or not.

Cheers!

Why are people coming into the GoT threads if they haven't seen the new episode yet?

And why should the book readers put anything in a spoiler tag? There's a general topic.

Is it just me, or does it feel like we're actually entering an endgame after tonight?

It does with the way that everyone is dying off as well. I do not mind at all how Roose Bolton died, or for that matter Balon. But grouping it so close with the awful Dornish stuff does make it seem like (pardon the pun) overkill.

But yes, Season 6 feels like the penultimate season. And since we all know that Season 7 is really just 13 episodes and HBO is woefully splitting up and pretending they're not, that makes sense. Things are starting to come to a head.

I think him getting Sansa to the wall and to safety would be making amends in a way. he just up and trusts Brienne and Pod? After the tricks ramsays pulled on him? id think he would be so ****ing paranoid he wouldn't leave her side until she was where he wanted her to be. Going to Pyke just doesn't make much sense to me. Reek back home? talk about misplacement. its awkward if anything.

Pretty much this. I have a hunch it is because he does go to Pyke in the books (whenever they're published) since he isn't protecting Sansa, but an imposter the Boltons had pretend be Arya. But on the show, he wanted some modicum of solace for betraying the Starks for his terrible family, so when it might be in reach with Sansa (even if it means taking the black) he then up and goes home to the same asshat father that put him on this path to self-destruction to begin with?

It rings false.

And why should the book readers put anything in a spoiler tag? There's a general topic.
Spoilers for stuff not in the book, and potentially coming in the future should be covered imo. Like any potential spoilers from Bastard Bowl. But stuff that just happened in an episode or book aided speculation? Nah.

Why are people coming into the GoT threads if they haven't seen the new episode yet?
It has more to do with set reports. I had something pretty big ruined for me last night. I clicked on the spoiler tag thinking it had to do with the episode that had just aired but it was about something in a much later episode.

Not everyone reads the books at the same pace. Not much of an issue right now, but when Book 6 and 7 come out it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"