Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

67417441_2416047431781588_6317567086172307456_n.jpg

There is a GoT whiskey ? Nice.
Edit : oh yes, Talisker and Lagavulin made some.
Edit 2 : in fact some of the famous distilleries made one for a given House.

Have yall seen the script for the finale that was submitted to the emmy's? It's worse than the actual episode. This is a real bit of the script:

c8zrza2bxld31.jpg

And there is this bit from Page 40:

"Spring is coming, and it is slowly starting to warm up. The Wall weeps, as the temperature rises above freezing for the first time in many months. Looking down the Wall to Castle Black, three riders approach the castle gates."

And this bit from Page 5:

"For a moment, Drogon’s unfolding wings spread behind her back, an unsettling image. Her Satanic Majesty’s Request."

I guess Dany converted to satanism.:o

They also call Jon a "dumb bystander":

"We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne-- not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration."

The wording is a bit confusing but I have to assume they mean Jon is the dumb bystander, because the Throne clearly was Drogon's target. Drogon would have to be extremely far sighted to miss Jon at that close range.

It also reveals that Yara was afraid of Arya after Arya threatened to slit her throat. I guess D&D forgot who Yara was.

The whole script:

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/collateral/Game of Thrones - Ep 806 - The Iron Throne .pdf

Last edited:
did this somehow turn into a funny pics thread from 2016?

That script..... That script....

I'll add to Marvolo's "low-lights" the fact that they didn't even bother to name "The New Prince of Dorne" in the script. That's just peak laziness. Heck, actually calling him Randym Martell would have been better than "Prince Thenew of House Princeofdorne".

I used to joke about how half the fans I know could have written the final seasons better than what we got, but now that the script is in hand, it's no joke. I'm definitely hammering out some Spec Scripts based on my alternate ending, now.

The Emmy's removed the script from their site.

giphy.gif

The awfulness is known.

Have yall seen the script for the finale that was submitted to the emmy's? It's worse than the actual episode. This is a real bit of the script:

c8zrza2bxld31.jpg

And there is this bit from Page 40:

"Spring is coming, and it is slowly starting to warm up. The Wall weeps, as the temperature rises above freezing for the first time in many months. Looking down the Wall to Castle Black, three riders approach the castle gates."

And this bit from Page 5:

"For a moment, Drogon’s unfolding wings spread behind her back, an unsettling image. Her Satanic Majesty’s Request."

I guess Dany converted to satanism.:o

They also call Jon a "dumb bystander":

"We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne-- not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration."

The wording is a bit confusing but I have to assume they mean Jon is the dumb bystander, because the Throne clearly was Drogon's target. Drogon would have to be extremely far sighted to miss Jon at that close range.

It also reveals that Yara was afraid of Arya after Arya threatened to slit her throat. I guess D&D forgot who Yara was.

The whole script:

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/collateral/Game of Thrones - Ep 806 - The Iron Throne .pdf

Reminds me of Max Landis and Quentin Tarantino writing.

Reminds me of Max Landis and Quentin Tarantino writing.
FlakyCharmingBeetle-size_restricted.gif

And now I'm imaging Game of Thrones as written by Tarrantino.

Jon played by 90s Travolta and Davos played by Sam Jackson. Stannis played by Brad Pitt. Dany played by Uma Thurman. Cersei played by Margot Robbie. Jamie played by Leo DiCaprio. The Night King played by Christoph Waltz. Tyrion played by Harvey Kietel. Patchface played by Steve Buscemi. Hot Pie played by Chris Penn. Ned Stark played by Michael Madsen.

Last edited:
FlakyCharmingBeetle-size_restricted.gif

And now I'm imaging Game of Thrones as written by Tarrantino.

Jon played by 90s Travolta and Davos played by Sam Jackson. Stannis played by Brad Pitt. Dany played by Uma Thurman. Cersei played by Margot Robbie. Jamie played by Leo DiCaprio. The Night King played by Christoph Waltz. Tyrion played by Harvey Kietel. Patchface played by Steve Buscemi. Hot Pie played by Chris Penn. Ned Stark played by Michael Madsen.

If that upsets you Marvolo, take note that if things about this Game of Thrones finale script bother you with those little aside jokes, the bad spelling and bad grammar, Tarantino does very similar things in his scripts.

Here's an example. In the Inglorious Basterds script, in that scene with Hans Landa having strudel with Shosanna, the script makes sure to note in great detail after Landa leaves that Shosanna has basically peed her pants. And the description of this beat is sort of weird and off-putting, almost as if the revelation is gleeful.

Needless to say, the idea that Shosanna was so scared she urinated herself was left out of the final film.

As for the geography thing, I just find little aside jokes like that rather cringy reading them on the page. Whether it's a script or not.

a74ee84f7f25094b24760d20320d4dcc.jpg

So, I saw someone on Reddit share this the other day, and now I can't stop thinking about the missed opportunity.

D&D’s use of Euron Greyjoy is one of the strangest things I’ve seen in any modern literary adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"