Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

yea a lot of it is probably recap footage though... final season and all... a season 1 - 7 recap trailer with the new stuff
That's fine with me. It would be a good buildup and a good reminder of how epic this show has been. If they make it great it will be something I can rewatch a lot.

Makes me wonder if this indicates a huge GOT Season 7 size budget or a modest starting budget and theyve just used a large chunk of it to secure a well known star? Naomi couldnt have been cheap.
Maybe she's a fam of the show and didn't charge her top rate. :cwink:

They discusses shooting the battle scenes and the sets they use and where the season opens. So it's easy to figure out when the battle happens in the season and where it happens. Anyone wanting to go into the season not knowing anything should probably avoid that article.

Seems like that trailer may be coming sooner than December?

Yep. If they're doing EW articles and promotional photos they're probably getting ready to release something. I'm hoping we get a trailer Thanksgiving week.

All I want is the premiere date.

yea it definitely seems like it will be before december now... i was just going by the ... uh... do you call that a leak? i dont know... winter is coming posted it on facebook saying around 3 minutes and december.

maybe they will save lives and post it on black friday, keeping 50% of the population at home :hehe:

maybe they will save lives and post it on black friday, keeping 50% of the population at home :hehe:
Black Friday is the real-life Purge. They should not prevent it from doing its job.

you have a dark heart flick....

kinky.

They should make Black Friday a Red Wedding level event in Game of Thrones. There would be a lot more bloodshed when Cersei and Olenna start fighting over a big screen TV than there is in your local Walmart amongst a bunch of dumb Yanks.

the pic i saw of him with the article on facebook... he looks kind of like a young version of the dude the children stabbed at the tree.

the pic i saw of him with the article on facebook... he looks kind of like a young version of the dude the children stabbed at the tree.
I don't see much resemblance personally, but I wouldn't be opposed to him being the subject.

it may have been the pic they chose. im not sure how i feel about Naomi Watts though lol

I love Naomi Watts, it's just weird imagining her in Westeros, lol. But I'm sure she'll be great.

I think Naomi could have been a good Cersei so I can see Naomi easily stepping into a powerful female role. Either as the wife of Bran the Builder or some other Lord or perhaps the woman that becomes the Night Queen. If there is a Night Queen that is. Guess we'll find out in Season 8.

Edit: her character could also be the mother of Whitehouse's character.

while I love Watts I wished we would get unknowns like with got with Emilia and Kit but then again GOT did promote Sean Bean as Ned so
lets hope it lives up to the name

while I love Watts I wished we would get unknowns like with got with Emilia and Kit but then again GOT did promote Sean Bean as Ned so
lets hope it lives up to the name
I think they're going to need quality and proven actors because they won't have GRRM's writing to cover the cracks this time. Would be happy to see an all star cast here or at the very least actors who have already done their time.

I’m a fan and having her already cast is a great start for this show.

I think Naomi could have been a good Cersei so I can see Naomi easily stepping into a powerful female role. Either as the wife of Bran the Builder or some other Lord or perhaps the woman that becomes the Night Queen. If there is a Night Queen that is. Guess we'll find out in Season 8.

Edit: her character could also be the mother of Whitehouse's character.
Yeah, I think she would have been good as Cersei too.

I think they're going to need quality and proven actors because they won't have GRRM's writing to cover the cracks this time. Would be happy to see an all star cast here or at the very least actors who have already done their time.

Last I heard GRRM is involved with the new show. Unlike the past seasons of GOT.

seems like december 21st is the day with 6.... yes 6... trailers... all like 15 seconds and character focused lol

i feel like there will still be a big trailer though

They discusses shooting the battle scenes and the sets they use and where the season opens. So it's easy to figure out when the battle happens in the season and where it happens. Anyone wanting to go into the season not knowing anything should probably avoid that article.

Just by the fact of who's directing which episodes, it's pretty clear the major battles are in episodes 3 and 5.

wait so this is a brand new story told by writers who HBO hired ? nothing to do with any GRRM work?

It's not based on any specific story that GRRM has written, but Jane Goldman has had discussions with Martin about the period and the mythology that he created. The broad strokes will most likely keep with what ASoIaF has already established, but the character and their interactions will probably be original to the show.

This isn't anything new to GoT, as they've been making up almost everything out of whole cloth for at least 2 years, and making severe alterations for at least four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"