Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Incestuous awkwardness aside, I don't think Jon would want the Iron Throne anyway. It's also plain to see that he thinks Daenerys is probably a more capable ruler than himself. But personally, I don't think that'll be an issue. I fear that one or both may not make it since this show loves to break our hearts, after all. :csad:

Plus, there's the fact that Dany grew up with the knowledge that she would wed her brother. It's Jon that would most likely be uncomfortable with it.

Yet another reason why it was so weird to see people rooting for that hook-up. Once they both find out, that's pretty devastating news for them both.

It's weird to our modern sensibilities, but it's normal for Targs and has been normal in a number of cultures throughout real history. Especially with monarchies and royal families. Plus, it's the most sensible marriage for Dany and Jon. It secures the largest portion of Westeros for her without a fight and will unite north and south. Regardless of how uncomfortable it might make them they have a duty to Westeros and it's people.

I think Dany's going to have more of an issue with the threat he might present to her right to the throne. And how this revelation effects how she sees herself. Her entire life she believed her brother had the right to rule and to lead the family. He died and since then she has believed herself the last Targ and the rightful ruler and she has based her decisions on that idea and molded herself around that idea. This revelation could destroy her image of herself.

Dany has no compunctions about incest. She had issues with the idea of marrying Viserys, but that was because of the abuse not because of the blood relation.

Yeah, her issue will be with Jon's claim to the throne.

I'm going to laugh at all of this debate when Jon comes out of the closet and proclaims his love for Sam.

Look out Dany. Boat sex is no match for the hotness of Jam.

Sam now has a Valyrian steel sword... nothing turns Jon on more than some VSTEEL

Can't wait for the angst-fest when Sam tells Jon he missed his shot since he has a Gilly now.

Can't wait for the angst-fest when Sam tells Jon he missed his shot since he has a Gilly now.

Right in the feels.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I do know some things.... I know I love you.

Sansa looks like she tasted some vomit when she said that.:funny:

Jon introducing his new girlfriend to the family is cute. If only it wasnt rife with tension and impending doom.

I'm so damn curious to see how Emilia plays this. Frankly I hated the way her first meeting with Jon went. Will she try to play it like the dragon queen expecting fealty and hospitality or will she behave like Jon is bringing her home to meet the family? Itd be nice to see a little bit of nervousness from her, and for her to make an attempt to endear herself towards Jon's family and people. Yeah, shes the dragon queen, but she's also a young woman and meeting a beau's family can be nerve wracking at first.

Last edited:
january 11th might be a big day.

Well I completely missed this little detail:

game-of-thrones-credit-hbo-gameoftthroness-_-instagram.jpg

And I love it.

Something in the way Sansa said that makes me think of Cersei...

Courtesy of the Freefolk:

Season 8 Key Marketing Dates (2019)
u/maryfardin1976

Jan 11 - "Etched in Stone" Official Promo

Jan 23 - Official Poster

Feb 14 & Feb 15 - Promotional Still Photographs

March 10 - Trailer #1

April 4 - Trailer #2

Its unconfirmed but there are reliable sources among the Freefolk so it could be legit. Guess we'll know January 11.

Hot diggity darn! Winter is coming!

Marv answered so IM NOT ANSWERING! HA! Take that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"