• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Oh lol sorry it was that same moment you mentioned - Jaime pushing Bran. But the main reason I was excited about the show was because I wanted to see how they handled that last scene with the dragons. I was afraid they'd look as bad as the dragon on Merlin (which I've never watched, but remember seeing promos to). Oh what a sweet summer child I was.

I read all five books after the first season ended and at this point I'll probably have to reread them before The Winds of Winter comes out since I've forgotten so many details about them that weren't in the show. Namely a lot from books 4 and 5.

Honestly to this day I'm not mad about the show passing the books. George R.R. Martin is a great writer, but he's too slow. The fact that nearly the entirety of the show has gone by since A Dance With Dragons was released is a joke.

But one does wonder if D&D knew from the beginning that they'd more than catch up to the books, would they have taken their time as much as they did in those first four seasons?

Oh lol sorry it was that same moment you mentioned - Jaime pushing Bran. But the main reason I was excited about the show was because I wanted to see how they handled that last scene with the dragons. I was afraid they'd look as bad as the dragon on Merlin (which I've never watched, but remember seeing promos to). Oh what a sweet summer child I was.
Haha yeah. I'd just seen an epic fantasy world come alive on a TV show (which I didn't think was possible) absolutely full to the brim with awesome characters and I was already totally sold, and then that ending pushed it into orbit. I've loved rewatching that first episode with other new people knowing what was coming. You can tell they are also really into it and settling down waiting for it to end in a good but standard way so they can start talking about everything they've seen. And then that happens and the words disappear haha.

I read all five books after the first season ended and at this point I'll probably have to reread them before The Winds of Winter comes out since I've forgotten so many details about them that weren't in the show. Namely a lot from books 4 and 5.

Honestly to this day I'm not mad about the show passing the books. George R.R. Martin is a great writer, but he's too slow. The fact that nearly the entirety of the show has gone by since A Dance With Dragons was released is a joke.

But one does wonder if D&D knew from the beginning that they'd more than catch up to the books, would they have taken their time as much as they did in those first four seasons?

I am rereading the books right now along with the audiobooks. Only recently started again on GoT. Also reading the comics and it's really fun going through the early stuff again on both from a different perspective.

I need to check out the comics.

I love them so far. And it is good for a book reader as the character's looks are more in line with the books, not having to be constrained by how real world actors look.

Fun fact: the comics contain a line that GRRM specifically made sure they kept in, because it has significance to the ending.

I love them so far. And it is good for a book reader as the character's looks are more in line with the books, not having to be constrained by how real world actors look.
:up: That's a bonus. I think they might make for a nice refresher since I haven't read the books in ages now. Just too bad they won't be caught up by next season, so I'll still have to re-read a few of the books to catch up, lol.

Fun fact: the comics contain a line that GRRM specifically made sure they kept in, because it has significance to the ending.

I don't think I've gotten that far yet then. Everything so far seems very familiar.

:up: That's a bonus. I think they might make for a nice refresher since I haven't read the books in ages now. Just too bad they won't be caught up by next season, so I'll still have to re-read a few of the books to catch up, lol.

You can burn through the comics. I had to stop for a bit as I want to try and get to the same place in the books so that all the comparisons are fresh. Taking an absolute age even though I've been reading in almost all of my leisure time.

I don't think I've gotten that far yet then. Everything so far seems very familiar.

It's only a single line of dialogue that hints at something in the endgame, not a big scene or anything. There's a lot of that in the books actually, very little of it makes it into the show.

It's only a single line of dialogue that hints at something in the endgame, not a big scene or anything. There's a lot of that in the books actually, very little of it makes it into the show.

Hmm, very interesting. I hope I catch it when I see it.

I've been thinking about Jon and Dany and how Jon is the rightful king and all that. Methinks that once that is revealed Jon will get to keep the King of the North title and they'll split the kingdom.

This is me, too! :p I keep saying I want to read them again to refresh myself, but they are just so darn long! :(

I watch it... It's great. Rock actually seems comfortable unlike any other role he does.

I had no idea Ballers was that popular. I don't know many people who watch it and I rarely hear it discussed.

The Rock has an incredibly loyal fanbase. But yeah I agree. I figured it was more popular on demand than actual first viewing.

I watch it... It's great. Rock actually seems comfortable unlike any other role he does.
I watched the first season. Haven't kept up with it since. It's just Entourage with football, but the cast makes it entertaining.

This is me, too! :p I keep saying I want to read them again to refresh myself, but they are just so darn long! :(

You can do it before Season 8. :cool:

The accents on the show? have they matched up? i'm not very well-versed in English accents, but those who are from the North in GoT tend to have a thicker Northern English accent right? And of course those in Dorne tend to have a Spanish type of accent. But what about the accent of Twyin Lannister or the Tyrells? did the Vale or the Iron Islands have a pretty common accent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"