• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Gears of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was Incredible Man Gears of War has some of the best trailers.:woot:

Some info from the Gears forums.

Features

• Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"

Story
  • The story is written by fantastic author Karen Traviss, who wrote the Gears of War book series
  • Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book.
  • The Locust have not been seen in the time that has passed since the end of Gears 2 and the beginning of Gears 3
  • The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.
  • Imulsion is infecting everything, not just the Locust. The Lambent are a ton of different nightmarish creatures.
Weapons
  • The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
  • A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
  • Cliff also confirms in the MeriStation TV interview (posted in the videos section) that the new shotgun does more damage but has a lower range and slower reload time.
Characters
  • Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
  • Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.
Enemies
  • Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.
GearsForums.EpicGames.com

Sounds Awesome can't wait.:woot:

The future of shooters is RPG....Bleszinski said so June last year

"I had a conversation with Harvey Smith - one of the lead designers on Deus Ex - and said to him the future of shooters is RPGs. He said he completely agreed." Bleszinski told Develop Magazine

I love Epic and Gears, but that´s the one thing i´m more interest about, to see if Gears 3 will be more RPG or open world or something in this lines.
Besides, if you look at the trailer, there is one thing that can make the game more open world or whatnot, starting with the fact that they are not COGs anymore (either there is no more COGs or they rebelled against it), because there is no more skull symbol is their armor.
Dom is a broken man, he just doesn´t care anymore (you can see it when he falls and the Locust is going to kill him, he resigns; and the fact that he has a beard, which means that he doesn´t care about his appearence)

Isildur´s Heir;18253784 said:
The future of shooters is RPG....Bleszinski said so June last year

I love Epic and Gears, but that´s the one thing i´m more interest about, to see if Gears 3 will be more RPG or open world or something in this lines.
Besides, if you look at the trailer, there is one thing that can make the game more open world or whatnot, starting with the fact that they are not COGs anymore (either there is no more COGs or they rebelled against it), because there is no more skull symbol is their armor.
Dom is a broken man, he just doesn´t care anymore (you can see it when he falls and the Locust is going to kill him, he resigns; and the fact that he has a beard, which means that he doesn´t care about his appearence)

I think you are reading too much into it. You dont have a good argument as to the characters no longer being COG's.

apparently some of the story will take place out in the oceans...Kotaku has a story on it

I hope they would reveal a downloadable demo at E3, I really want to get my hands on this.

Gears doesn't need a demo to sell and Epic/Microsoft unfortunately know it. They'll send out a few videos and that will be it. Of course, you can just play the two existing games to get a basic idea of what we're in for. Hopefully there are some RPG elements added in as Cliffy seemed keen on the idea. I think he'll save those ideas for another IP, as most Gears fans probably wouldn't approve of character building.

I don't think they have ever released a demo for a Gears game, maybe the first one maybe

Great news! Gears 1 & 2 are 2 of my all time favourite games. Horde mode online I never get bored of & hope they are looking to upgrade this also.

Dom got so hosed last game, that scene where you finally find his wife and she's all "blargh"....it gets me every time

Dom got so hosed last game, that scene where you finally find his wife and she's all "blargh"....it gets me every time
You know what gets me is the weapon he chose too kill her with The Boltok Pistol he pretty much blow her head off. That gun is freaking huge.:dry::doh::whatever::awesome: But yeah that had too be among the list of heartbreaking cutscenes in videogame history.:csad:

Last edited:
Double barrelled shotgun!!

Been wanting one of those since Doom!

this months Game Informer has Gears as the cover story and insight as to where the story is going

and Cole and Baird get their own missions...yay!!!

Yeah, it looks great. Beautiful graphics. Cool new weapons & multiplayer maps also. Can't wait for 4 player co-op.

I still think that the Locust were some long forgotten experiment that evolved into its own culture....look at that lab level, you really don't get many answers as to what really went on there or what those things in the test tubes were

Anyone see the E3 campaign footage?

Also Beast Mode!!

Got to save one of them at least! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"