Gears of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that was pretty sick. I cant wait for this game

Gears 3 delayed. :csad:

Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011," the Microsoft statement reads. "The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the Spring of 2011. However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season.

http://kotaku.com/5652552/gears-of-war-3-delayed-at-least-five-months?skyline=true&s=i

I get why they are doing it, but it still sucks.

Not surprising at all, I was actually surprised this wasn't the original date. The first two Gears games were the big holiday marquee, I couldn't understand how this wasn't going to be as well.

Oh wow, damn!

I planned to take a week off work in April just to play this!

It was worse a few years ago, but over the last couple of years more and more publishers are putting out games early in the year as well. This holiday season actually looks like the weakest in a long time as far as I can tell.

Yea that blows. I hate the fact that these companies think the only time we buy video games is at effing Christmas.

more to do with the average consumer is more likely to make a game purchase with their holiday purchases

release a game in April, you move 30 or 40 thousand units, release the same game in November/December you can almost double that number because of incidental buyers

damn PP, you're in school....this is marketing/sales 101....you should know this ****

So, insted of having no exclusive games after April, we will get no exclusives until the end of the year :up:
You got to love Microsoft :rolleyes:

Well, if you look at my first post in this thread (the first of all), i said that it might be because it the Xbox 3 would be coming out.
Well, seems i was wrong.......but not completly, as i said if not for that, it would be stupid to release the game before the fall....i guess i was right afterall on that part.
So, in the end, it´s a tie....with myself..50/50

damn PP, you're in school....this is marketing/sales 101....you should know this ****

Haha i get that, but c'mon, you can still make a ton of sales outside of the holiday period. Is Gears 3 really going to sell that much more in Nov-Dec then it would April or May? I mean are we looking at 1 or 2 million more units moved during that time period? Gears is gonna sell through the roof regardless.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;18988908 said:
So, insted of having no exclusive games after April, we will get no exclusives until the end of the year :up:
You got to love Microsoft :rolleyes:

Who cares about "exclusives"? A good game is a good game REGARDLESS of how many systems it appears on. Stop making everything into a fanboy war.

Last edited:
Dedicated servers means all online games will run off Epic's servers directly rather than the p2p system of Gears 2 which ran off the internet connection of one of the players in the match. The p2p system meant a lot of games had lag & many people stopped playing the game over it. Dedicated servers should ensure a smooth connection & also eliminate the unfair advantage enjoyed by whoever hosted the game.

Another problem with the p2p system was that if the host quit a match or lost connection, the game ended for everybody! Pretty annoying in a 4hr Horde match! Host Migration means if the host quits, the game will transfer hosting duties to another player without interrupting the match too much. Social & Custom matches will probably still use p2p (as opposed to Ranked on dedicated servers) which is cool as servers go down every once in a while & you'll still be able to get a game.

Common sense stuff but Gears 2 suffered a lot with these problems & this clears the way for Gears 3 Multiplayer to kick ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84V4RkPwNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fRItftqes&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-8-HM

Last edited:
Dedicated servers means all online games will run off Epic's servers directly rather than the p2p system of Gears 2 which ran off the internet connection of one of the players in the match. The p2p system meant a lot of games had lag & many people stopped playing the game over it. Dedicated servers should ensure a smooth connection & also eliminate the unfair advantage enjoyed by whoever hosted the game.

Another problem with the p2p system was that if the host quit a match or lost connection, the game ended for everybody! Pretty annoying in a 4hr Horde match! Host Migration means if the host quits, the game will transfer hosting duties to another player without interrupting the match too much. Social & Custom matches will probably still use p2p (as opposed to Ranked on dedicated servers) which is cool as servers go down every once in a while & you'll still be able to get a game.

Common sense stuff but Gears 2 suffered a lot with these problems & this clears the way for Gears 3 Multiplayer to kick ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84V4RkPwNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fRItftqes&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-8-HM
Ahh cool thanks, I'm not to savy with that type of stuff so thanks for the heads up!

I got a chance to play Gears 3 (Beast mode) at a local gaming convention over here. I personally didnt like this "Beast Mode" gametype. Its basically the opposite of horde, so your the locust attacking the small group of humans. And as you get more kills you upgrade to more powerful locust. I thought it was a bit frustrating because you start off as a wrech or a ticker. Anyways I think the game is going to be really fun but im just not a fan of the beast mode

The Beast Mode I think is going to be a novelty mode rather than a play-every -day kind of mode. Should be fun when you start playing as the big guys...Boomers, Berserkers, Bloodmounts etc. I'm most looking forward to how they change Horde. No news on that yet :(

Isildur´s Heir;19341894 said:
There will be no Gears 3 on the VGAs, it´s on Major Nelson´s blog.

Booo.

Damn i was hoping to see some new Gears footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"