The Last Jedi General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night a stranger on Reddit from the MCU forum pm me the spoilers for TLJ. It appears that he had done it to other people on the forum besides me as well. I reported him and that pm was removed, but it’s too late. I’ll probably go see it next weekend but this is definitely a bit depressing for me as I tried to stay away from spoilers.

what a ****

Last night a stranger on Reddit from the MCU forum pm me the spoilers for TLJ. It appears that he had done it to other people on the forum besides me as well. I reported him and that pm was removed, but it’s too late. I’ll probably go see it next weekend but this is definitely a bit depressing for me as I tried to stay away from spoilers.

Sorry man. What an *******. Have people really got no life to live that they have time to waste trying to put out their little bit of malice where they can? Hope you enjoy it mate. :up:

Yeah, that's a **** movie.

Sorry man. What an *******. Have people really got no life to live that they have time to waste trying to put out their little bit of malice where they can? Hope you enjoy it mate. :up:

They really don't

Honestly, after what happened to Han in TFA I’m not looking forward to TLJ now if the spoilers are correct tbh.

Rey was prominent in the movie until the saber breakup scene/aftermath when M. Night Shyamalan Matrix Neo Luke and Supreme Leader Ren were given the stage. The movie even forgets about how she got out of that situation but poof she's back on the Falcon.

Doesn't Hux tell Kylo that she had stolen Snoke's personal shuttle?

That's one of the biggest **** moves I've heard in this context. You have my sympathies.

I wish there was someone with a with a very particular set of skills. Skills that person have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make that person a nightmare for people that are trolls.

Honestly, after what happened to Han in TFA I’m not looking forward to TLJ now if the spoilers are correct tbh.

I knew the spoilers ahead of seeing it. There's still plenty to like in this film IMO.

The thing about IX is there's really nowhere interesting left to go on the back of this. The problem with this film is it's the type of movie that should have closed out a trilogy, not been the middle chapter. The closing shot screams end of the trilogy. And yet there's another movie to come. If I'm JJ Abrams, I'm dreading where to take IX.
Nah. I feel like this is more a starter then anything. It felt like Episode 7.5 imo.

But I can already come up with a few interesting ideas for IX. Which I would have jump ahead a bit, with Rey as a Jedi Master, with students, who are already embedded in the new Rebellion. A Rebellion they'd represent on multiple planets.

So Darth you enjoyed it even more on your second viewing?

Nah. I feel like this is more a starter then anything. It felt like Episode 7.5 imo.

But I can already come up with a few interesting ideas for IX. Which I would have jump ahead a bit, with Rey as a Jedi Master, with students, who are already embedded in the new Rebellion. A Rebellion they'd represent on multiple planets.

Dissension amongst the hierarchy of the FO, Hux turning against Kylo, the introduction of the Knights of Ren...yeah there's a lot of potential ideas with this next one.

That already sounds very promising to me. I still want Luke to have a good role in the film too. We need a significant time gap between VIII & IX.

Dissension amongst the hierarchy of the FO, Hux turning against Kylo, the introduction of the Knights of Ren...yeah there's a lot of potential ideas with this next one.
Yes, exactly. I agree with all of these very much.

That already sounds very promising to me. I still want Luke to have a good role in the film too. We need a significant time gap between VIII & IX.
So do I my friend. So do I. Considering how Yoda seemed very capable as a Force Ghost in this film, I expect it.

JJ has a mountain to climb to salvage this mess. But he did great with TFA so i trust in him.

But see, that's a new trilogy starting point, not an episode 9 plot. Rey becoming a Jedi Master sounds cool. But that's the type of idea that in an of itself could span a series a trilogy. I agree with it being more of an episode 7.5, and that's a problem IMO.

Did y'all notice that the film foreshadowed the Supremacy being destroyed when Leia was doing her Carrie Poppins thing? Leia passes through a hologram of the Supremacy and she goes right through the spot that Holdo later flies through. If you freeze frame the moment the hologram looks like the Surpemecy later.
Ha, that's awesome if true.

What did you think of the movie? I remember you being very excited about Johnson when he was announced.
I adored it. Seen it twice now, and I think I loved it even more on 2nd viewing. It's genuinely rivaling ESB as my favorite Star Wars film right now.

I think the main issue why my anticipation for Episode IX is so much lower now is that this trilogy lacks what SW has always had, even in the prequels, and that's a strong villain.

Snoke started to fill that role in TLJ before he got offed, but Kylo Ren didn't get anything to even begin to make him able to fill those shoes, and he's already been soundly defeated so that's not something I have to long to see either. That pretty much just leaves a turn to the light side as interesting development, but I think he's in entirely the wrong situation to make that work as well as it can.

Hux also doesn't feel very worthy of his position, not looking particularly confident or competent, so the New Order kind of feels like it's now run by two relatively weak people. I think having someone with an aura of authority, like Tarkin, would have made a more interesting scene partner for the childish Kylo.

The New Order still has all their assets but the leadership still makes it look kind of weak (although the Resistance is of course all but gone).

But see, that's a new trilogy starting point, not an episode 9 plot. Rey becoming a Jedi Master sounds cool. But that's the type of idea that in an of itself could span a series a trilogy. I agree with it being more of an episode 7.5, and that's a problem IMO.
But that is what Luke did in the OT. And I thought the idea was not to repeat?

When I say Rey Jedi Master, I mean by default. There would be no one else. I'd also have Luke in it quite a bit, as her teacher/counsel. He can do this from the great beyond, and she'd need it. She would struggle. Also, he needs to teach her that third lesson.

Mjölnir;36140637 said:
I think the main issue why my anticipation for Episode IX is so much lower now is that this trilogy lacks what SW has always had, even in the prequels, and that's a strong villain.

Snoke started to fill that role in TLJ before he got offed, but Kylo Ren didn't get anything to even begin to make him able to fill those shoes, and he's already been soundly defeated so that's not something I have to long to see either. That pretty much just leaves a turn to the light side as interesting development, but I think he's in entirely the wrong situation to make that work as well as it can.

Hux also doesn't feel very worthy of his position, not looking particularly confident or competent, so the New Order kind of feels like it's now run by two relatively weak people.

The New Order still has all their assets but the leadership still makes it look kind of weak (although the Resistance is of course all but gone).
Kylo Ren is a fantastic villain imo. He doesn't need to be overwhelmingly powerful to be a great villain. He is complex, interesting and what prequel Anakin could have been. Should have been.

Hux got his position because of his daddy.

Mjölnir;36140637 said:

Snoke started to fill that role in TLJ before he got offed, but Kylo Ren didn't get anything to even begin to make him able to fill those shoes, and he's already been soundly defeated so that's not something I have to long to see either. That pretty much just leaves a turn to the light side as interesting developmen, but I think he's in entirely the wrong situation to make that work as well as it can.

Hux also doesn't feel very worthy of his position, not looking particularly confident or competent, so the New Order kind of feels like it's now run by two relatively weak people.

I never thought it was possible to kill my anticipation for a new Star Wars film. And yet this did it. Star Wars is about the characters, and all these new characters were crapped on in this film with bad development leaving no anticipation for what happens next to them. It's like weirdly a cliffhanger and a finale at the same time. You could end the series here and I would bat an eyelid feeling as if I'm missing something.

But that is what Luke did in the OT. And I thought the idea was not to repeat?

When I say Rey Jedi Master, I mean by default. There would be no one else. I'd also have Luke in it quite a bit, as her teacher/counsel. He can do this from the great beyond, and she'd need it. She would struggle. Also, he needs to teach her that third lesson.

We've ended up back to a Rebels v Empire story line. How are we already not repeating ourselves?

****, I forgot the moment of Luke throwing the lightsaber off the cliff. What a wonderful moment! That's the best way you could have handled that. And part of what I thought could have been symbolic for the rest of the movie but it didn't up going there like a lot of things seemed to be setting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"