The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer for the new Thread
[YT]sGbxmsDFVnE[/YT]

Nice trailer will be seeing it on Saturday since Fandango kept crashing. Sheesh I wanted to be there opening night.

Me:

tumblr_nr7j9nHyYL1qehu0oo4_400.gif

I think the second one benefited from not having too much going on. It had that magical, mysterious feeling, with the most beautiful score in all of cinema at full blast.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Nope, that was just Monday Night Football losing viewers after the trailer finished.

Yup, I turned it off right after the trailer... :oldrazz:

I get you. The April one had all that emotion and dat music, this one's about action and excitement mostly. It's going to make for one hell of a movie. :D

This one was way more emotional to me.

Honestly if the hype wasnt obviously so crazy hogh Id say this was a poor final trailer. It makes the film look like the same ol battle we saw in 4-6. Rebels vs Empire and a Vader wannabe and a super weapon.

They really should have made this a plot trailer and mentioned the first order and the new republic and the Knights of Ren.

JJ Abrams loves to keep the secrecy in his movies, so I never believe for a second that he'd edit a plot-heavy trailer and give away the surprises in TFA.

Did I get this transcript correct? Need your input.

Maz Kanata: Who are you?

Rey: I'm no one.

Finn: I was raised to do one thing.

Finn: But I've got nothing to fight for.

Kylo Ren: Nothing will stand in our way.

Kylo Ren: I will finish what you started.

Rey: There was stories about what happened.

Han Solo: It's true. All of it.

Han Solo: The dark side. The Jedi. They're real.

Maz Kanata: The Force...it's calling to you.

Maz Kanata: Just let it in.

seems like Han will have a pivotal role in the movie. it was nice to get a glimpse of Leia

awesome trailer overall, but i did enjoy the 2nd trailer the most though

Ok, its much better in HD with the sound blasting in my headphones.

Trailer was good,but I agree the second one was better. I think the music hurt this trailer.

so, as luck would have it, I turned on my TV right when the trailer started.

The Music!! The Narration!! Rey!!!

It was so beautiful!!

:hmr:

This movie will own the Christmas.

The music really helps. Each trailer just helps get the epicness of the film across. Another wonderful trailer. Got goosebumps and teared up a bit at the end just as I did during the first full length one.

Loved the music for this trailer actually. Sounds like it might be from John Williams' original score.

also, based on the narration, I assume that was Maz Kanata and she was addressing Rey.

so, the last part, about "The Force is calling you......let it in" was directed towards Rey. right?

This one was way more emotional to me.

That seems to be the trend for "Trailer 3s" these days. More emotional.

To me this followed a similar template as the trailer 3s for TDKR and MoS. Especially with the light piano hits at the beginning. I happen to love those trailers btw.

Don't get me wrong, this was an excellent trailer. I'm watching it repeatedly as I type. :woot:

For my money though, nothing I've seen so far has taken my breath away quite like that first show of the downed Star Destroyer in Trailer 2, followed by seeing the burnt Vader mask for the first time. That was a one-two punch that really knocked me on my ass, flat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"