The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its way past my bedtime now. I got a early rise tomorrow...on my day off. so Im gonna head to my local comic book store and see what i can find in there for star wars stuff...and make my move to see TFA again right after that...then chill with my parents for the remainder of the day.

Damn....John Williams is having a great year.....the two biggest films of 2015 involve two of his classic musical scores.

Just IMO

clones are part of SW

Almost seems to obvious to just be kid of Luke..clone of wife is just another wrinkle. With the lightsaber scene and the fact she sees the actual memories...hmm this is a factor.

Another huge factor is the lightsaber.

if you recover that...do you also get the hand?

then i think Genes.... and clones...once again canon stuff within the SW.

Its pretty obvious to me that Finn is thirsty as ***k for Rey, and shes warming up to idea. I dont know where this just friends thing is coming from.

I think it's just that, in general, a lot of people are tired of hamfisted romances being stuffed into the plot of these action/adventure movies.

I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, but when a romantic subplot is done well, then I'm all for it. Whatever is going on between Rey and Finn right now doesn't feel forced to me, however, so I think a romance between the two could work well.

Here's the breakdown of the vision....
11. “No, come back!” yells a younger version of Rey in Jakku as she looks at the spaceship fly away “Quiet girl” says Unkar Plutt, the Jakku Junk Dealer Possibly suggesting that she was traded for the ship.
12. Rey looks at the spaceship and the blue sky turns to black and the sun to red.

I have it in my head that there was something here that tied this scene to Ren, but I can't recall what. Did you guys hear/see anything or am I making that up? I'm so ready to watch this again!

Well its way past my bedtime now. I got a early rise tomorrow...on my day off. so Im gonna head to my local comic book store and see what i can find in there for star wars stuff...and make my move to see TFA again right after that...then chill with my parents for the remainder of the day.
G'night:r2:

Just IMO

clones are part of SW

Almost seems to obvious to just be kid of Luke..clone of wife is just another wrinkle. With the lightsaber scene and the fact she sees the actual memories...hmm this is a factor.

Another huge factor is the lightsaber.

if you recover that...do you also get the hand?

then i think Genes.... and clones...once again canon stuff within the SW.

It's definitely in the realm of possibility, but...considering the general disdain that people have for the prequels, I don't think Disney would want to go that route.

You don't risk your life and go half way across the galaxy to the most dangerous place in known space to save a "friend" that you just met. Finn clearly is nuts for Rey.

Eh, she saved his life on Jakku and on Han's freighter. That's twice in one day. The whole "They just met" thing doesn't really apply. After someone's saved your life twice in one day you're not going to think, "Oh we just met so I'm just going to forget about her and let Kylo torture her to death." At least I wouldn't.

Finn probably is attracted to her, but I don't think he is the cowardly type who only saved her because he wanted to have sex with her. He would have went after her even if he wasn't sexually attracted to Rey.

I have it in my head that there was something here that tied this scene to Ren, but I can't recall what. Did you guys hear/see anything or am I making that up? I'm so ready to watch this again!

Definitely will need to see it again to catch that.

It's definitely in the realm of possibility, but...considering the general disdain that people have for the prequels, I don't think Disney would want to go that route.

Except that sounds a lot like stuff from one of the revered EU novels. But, I don't think we are getting Luuke.

1. Rey hears yelling of a child saying ‘No’
2. She goes into the room and finds Luke’s lightsaber
3. Once she touches, she finds herself in the corridor before Luke and Vader battle on Bespin
4. “The energy” said by Yoda
5. The corridor starts to crumble and crashes then Rey falls
6. “Nooooo” yelled by Luke on Bespin
7. The camera zooms to Luke and R2. There’s something burning in the background
8. “Binds us” said by Yoda
9. Rain pours down and Rey looks up to find someone swinging a stick at her. He gets stabbed from the back by Kylo Ren. The man swinging the stick yells in pain. It seems that the man with the stick (is that the same stick Rey is carrying) is a member of the Knights of Ren and Kylo is stopping him.
10. Rey stands up and is shocked by her surrounding. Corpses lying everywhere and the Knights of Ren standing in the center. Kylo Ren turns to face her and starts approaching her.
11. “No, come back!” yells a younger version of Rey in Jakku as she looks at the spaceship fly away “Quiet girl” says Unkar Plutt, the Jakku Junk Dealer Possibly suggesting that she was traded for the ship.
12. Rey looks at the spaceship and the blue sky turns to black and the sun to red.
13. “Rey?”
14. Now Rey is in a snowy forest and Kylo Ren appears suddenly with his lightsaber drawn, forcing Rey to fall back and out of the ‘acid’ dream
15. “This is the first step” possibly by Obi-Wan.

thanks.

Eh, she saved his life on Jakku and on Han's freighter. That's twice in one day. The whole "They just met" thing doesn't really apply. After someone's saved your life twice in one day you're not going to think, "Oh we just met so I'm just going to forget about her and let Kylo torture her to death." At least I wouldn't.

Finn probably is attracted to her, but I don't think he is the cowardly type who only saved her because he wanted to have sex with her. He would have went after her even if he wasn't sexually attracted to Rey.

He also got really attached to Poe and they had barely met. I think Finn is just a great friend but it seems obvious he has romantic feelings towards Rey too. In the bar he kept asking her to come with him when he was gonna leave to the outer rim

Except that sounds a lot like stuff from one of the revered EU novels. But, I don't think we are getting Luuke.

Interesting. I haven't read any of the novels, so I don't get the context here. Is "Luuke" some sort of imperfect, evil clone of Luke Skywalker?

You can hear Yoda when Luke places his hand on R2.

1. Rey hears yelling of a child saying ‘No’
2. She goes into the room and finds Luke’s lightsaber
3. Once she touches, she finds herself in the corridor before Luke and Vader battle on Bespin
4. “The energy” said by Yoda
5. The corridor starts to crumble and crashes then Rey falls
6. “Nooooo” yelled by Luke on Bespin
7. The camera zooms to Luke and R2. There’s something burning in the background
8. “Binds us” said by Yoda
9. Rain pours down and Rey looks up to find someone swinging a stick at her. He gets stabbed from the back by Kylo Ren. The man swinging the stick yells in pain. It seems that the man with the stick (is that the same stick Rey is carrying) is a member of the Knights of Ren and Kylo is stopping him.
10. Rey stands up and is shocked by her surrounding. Corpses lying everywhere and the Knights of Ren standing in the center. Kylo Ren turns to face her and starts approaching her.
13. “Rey?”
14. Now Rey is in a snowy forest and Kylo Ren appears suddenly with his lightsaber drawn, forcing Rey to fall back and out of the ‘acid’ dream
15. “This is the first step” possibly by Obi-Wan.

Interesting because when I saw the movie I heard none of that lol. I had no clue what was going and I had no idea yoda was in that to.

He also got really attached to Poe and they had barely met. I think Finn is just a great friend but it seems obvious he has romantic feelings towards Rey too. In the bar he kept asking her to come with him when he was gonna leave to the outer rim

Were it not for this, then I wouldn't think twice about romantic feelings between the two (or at the very least, from him to her. It could very be unrequited).

"Leave your entire existence behind and everything you've come to know and let's run away together" isn't something you say to a friend. I can't imagine he would've said that to Poe, unless...:gngl:

Finn is happy to be freed from the First Order and is excited to have friends. I also think he has the hots for Rey, it's pretty obvious, and he wanted to save her because he cares about her.

the thing to remember about Finn, too, is that given his background as a nameless stormtrooper raised to do one thing his whole life, Poe and Rey are presumably the 1st 2 people who have treated him with kindness and as a real person.

also, Finn knows Rey is "obsessed" with returning to Jakku. him asking her to come away with him to the outer rim could also just be him trying to get her to forget about returning to Jakku.

lol yeah I hear you even if I like some one and find them attractive I am not going to think that we are going to have sex or any thing like that. Yeah I am a man so ok I may have some sort of dream about having sex with them but acting on it is something else and I am going to want a relationship more then I am going to want sex.

Interesting. I haven't read any of the novels, so I don't get the context here. Is "Luuke" some sort of imperfect, evil clone of Luke Skywalker?

Zahn just created a weird naming scheme for clones where one letter gets repeated. Jorus C'boath's clone was Joruus C'boath, Luke became Luuke. Remember, this is pre-PT, so Zahn's ideas on the cloning process wasn't exactly the same as the PT's.

the thing to remember about Finn, too, is that given his background as a nameless stormtrooper raised to do one thing his whole life, Poe and Rey are presumably the 1st 2 people who have treated him with kindness and as a real person.

Yeah true good point

Finn is happy to be freed from the First Order and is excited to have friends. I also think he has the hots for Rey, it's pretty obvious, and he wanted to save her because he cares about her.

Can you blame him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"