The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poe needs to man the falcon at some point, him and Chewie together would be sooooooo good

I absolutely loved it...

it was so refreshing to walk out of a theater after seeing a new star wars film and not have any anger, disappointment, or thoughts of "well they just ruined that character", "should have cut that annoying character" "that felt extremely forced and rushed" and all around "blah-fest"

not that the prequels were super terrible.. there's some great stuff in there.. but it was very refreshing to not be annoyed coming out of a theater. I really wouldn't of changed anything story wise.

If i had to critique anything at all? I guess i would have liked to of seen a few more familiar races (even one offs from previous films) and droids maybe even a planet we've seen before (either from the OT, Prequels, or even cartoons and games).... The music didn't strike me as anything as iconic as the OT or the PT for that matter. But other than those 2 or 3 things.. i wouldn't have changed anything at all.. i absolutely loved it

I would bet good money she is. They were practically screaming it in some scenes.

At this point to me, it would be more of a surprise if she's not.

The only thing I can think it that one of or both of her parents were being trained by Luke and were killed by Ren

I'd say these were my favorite characters:

1. Rey
2. Ben Solo
3. Poe
4. BB-8
5. FN
6. Hux - that speech man, he was in it to win it. Eyes were freaky, just wish he had more.

I couldn't believe they did Phasma the way they did. Why even stand her out the way they did with her armor and everything? Did we even see her in action?

A question about Kylo

do you think he was just screwing with Han's head when handing him the saber or was he just genuinely conflicted? It kinda felt like he was toying with him before going for the final blow. Maybe the sun being covered up represented the death of whatever good was left in Kylo.

I loved all the new characters pretty much. Which is a huge huge achievement. To bring in new characters that instantly feel like they fit into 30 years of mythology.

I would bet good money she is. They were practically screaming it in some scenes.

Really hope Rey is a Skywalker

I know a lot of fans don't like it, but I love me some Skywalker family drama

it makes a whole lot of sense.. hoping so too...

- After Ben goes to the dark side.. Luke hides Rey on a planet with an all too familiar terrain

- She's a natural expert pilot (like her father, and grandfather)

- Great mechanic (like her father and grandfather)

- and of course luke's light saber literally calling to her.

also... Leia kind of looked at her like she knew her... and while some think she's Leia and Hans child.. i think it would have been brought-en up. there's no logical reason i could see them worrying so much about Kylo Ren and then leaving there daughter like that... luke would, but i don't think han and leia would have hidden there daughter.

ALL the new characters are great. I loved every single one of them.

My "The Art of the Force Awakens" book was delivered last night! :D It is beautiful!

A question about Kylo

do you think he was just screwing with Han's head when handing him the saber or was he just genuinely conflicted? It kinda felt like he was toying with him before going for the final blow. Maybe the sun being covered up represented the death of whatever good was left in Kylo.

I thought he was just screwing with him

You know, I will say, as good as this movie is - and I do think it might be the best of the series - I still don't think Abrams is a great director. Maybe I'm too picky, but I had problems with his directing virtually every 10 minutes. I also think Kasdan is what made the script great, not J.J.

In fact, I don't think most writers can write a truly great Star Wars movie, and that even includes George Lucas himself. There's something about this series that is VERY tough to crack from a writing standpoint, and Lawrence Kasdan seems to be the only one who can really do it (so far).

A question about Kylo

I took it has being conflicted.

I thought he was just screwing with him

I don't know.

He admitted to Vador's helmet that he feels the pull of the light side. I think there was a slim opening there but Han failed where Luke succeeded. I think Ben was always wanting to kill Han, he needed to in his descent further into the darkside, he wanted it, but I felt he was a tad conflicted until he finally succumbed and flipped his saber on.

I don't know.

He admitted to Vador's helmet that he feels the pull of the light side. I think there was a slim opening there but Han failed where Luke succeeded. I think Ben was always wanting to kill Han, he needed to in his descent further into the darkside, he wanted it, but I felt he was a tad conflicted until he finally succumbed and flipped his saber on.

Im sure he was a bit conflicted. Like he didn't want to do it, but I still feel he was just screwing with him. I dont remember but didn't he said, I need to you to help me with something, then the sun went dark, and then he stabbed him?

I'd say these were my favorite characters:

1. Rey
2. Ben Solo
3. Poe
4. BB-8
5. FN
6. Hux - that speech man, he was in it to win it. Eyes were freaky, just wish he had more.

I couldn't believe they did Phasma the way they did. Why even stand her out the way they did with her armor and everything? Did we even see her in action?

they said they have many a plan for phasma .... so this isn't the end of her, just the intro

You know, I will say, as good as this movie is - and I do think it might be the best of the series - I still don't think Abrams is a great director. Maybe I'm too picky, but I had problems with his directing virtually every 10 minutes. I also think Kasdan is what made the script great, not J.J.

In fact, I don't think most writers can write a truly great Star Wars movie, and that even includes George Lucas himself. There's something about this series that is VERY tough to crack from a writing standpoint, and Lawrence Kasdan seems to be the only one who can really do it (so far).

I agree with a lot of what you're saying there. One MASSIVE missed opportunity was:

That moment between Leia and Rey after [BLACKOUT]Han's passing[/BLACKOUT] should have been Chewie's. Leia and Chewie should have had a moment after [BLACKOUT]Han ****ing Solo died[/BLACKOUT].

I agree with a lot of what you're saying there. One MASSIVE missed opportunity was:

That moment between Leia and Rey after [BLACKOUT]Han's passing[/BLACKOUT] should have been Chewie's. Leia and Chewie should have had a moment after [BLACKOUT]Han ****ing Solo died[/BLACKOUT].

I thought

Chewie smiling at Rey when she took the pilot seat on the Falcon said so much about Han's death. The movie as a whole was a lot about passing the torch to these kids, and that smile really said that it was OK, and I think better than a scene of Leia and Chewie commiserating over it.

Leia and Han seemed pretty much estranged at that point, so I'm not sure a mourning scene with the two of them would have really fit.

I thought

Chewie smiling at Rey when she took the pilot seat on the Falcon said so much about Han's death. The movie as a whole was a lot about passing the torch to these kids, and that smile really said that it was OK, and I think better than a scene of Leia and Chewie commiserating over it.

Leia and Han seemed pretty much estranged at that point, so I'm not sure a mourning scene with the two of them would have really fit.

They were estranged, sure, but they didn't hate each other. Leia had never met Rey and Rey had never met Leia so for them to have this loving embrace just felt wonky to me. Han needed a better goodbye than we got.

They were estranged, sure, but they didn't hate each other. Leia had never met Rey and Rey had never met Leia so for them to have this loving embrace just felt wonky to me. Han needed a better goodbye than we got.

Agreed.

It was so fast, it felt like it wasn't the death of one of the most iconic and popular characters in pop culture history... but was just some thing they needed to hurry through to get on with the story.

Honestly, watching him fall off the bridge, my immediate feeling was, "That's it? We waited 30 years for that? That's how he goes out?"

It was done for two reasons.
1. Quick, Cheap Shock Value.
2. Ford probably wouldn't do the movie if he didn't die, which is what he always wanted.

This person had the seat row BB 8 in their Star Wars 7 wiewing........this is a sign.

ocxEm8V.jpg

Actually, we don't know for sure if Leia and Rey had ever met before. :cwink:

And I don't think for a second Han's death is not going to have implications on everything that happens going forward. It changed everything.

Honestly, I didn't need a scene of Chewie and Leia mourning Han to make it more meaningful.

This person had the seat row BB 8 in their Star Wars 7 wiewing........this is a sign.

ocxEm8V.jpg

Well, this guy just wins life.

Got back from my second showing this morning. Loved the stuff Alamo was playing before the movie, a lot of the old Star Wars commercials. It was great, even if it was before my time. And only 3 trailers this time (though how the @#$# do I keep getting Gods of Egypt?).

Loved this film; completely restored my faith in Star Wars after Hayden and Lucas ruined it. The new characters were all great, and damn it, I teared up during all of the scenes with Han and Leia. Can't wait for the next one; just hope we get to see more of Poe next time around because he was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"