The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont recall any of the signature SW scene cuts in TFA? Sliding away, retracting microscope cut, etc.

Am I misremembering?

Yeah, yeah. There were. I know because I was looking for that the entire time.

Those two aspects to me are the most jarring. I actually wouldn't mind Disney doing some additional corrective work on those very things you mentioned Darth.

Like Silver Surfer mentioned though it does seem that Lucas had a clause with Disney that they wouldn't alter his alterations. Although I wonder if that means that Disney can't add their own alterations to Lucas alterations.

That's a lot of alterations. :funny:
I do not hate all the aspects of the special editions. Stuff like the backgrounds in Bespin and the new X-wing shots in Star Wars are brilliant imo. I have a preferred version in my head that has that stuff, and it would include those changes you mentioned.

I'd also like someone to go back and fix the color grading, so it is back to what it originally was. Magenta beams are weird. :funny:

As to the clause, I always thought that existed, but it seems it doesn't.

Is it in the visual dictionary? What I remember reminded me of the kind of hat Zuvio or Embo.

Also, are you calling Titan a liar? :o

He may have simply missed it. He also forgot to mention the last line of that vision being "These are the first steps".

:funny:

I actually edited my original post before you posted, but after Darth had quoted me-- I put the "first steps" line in. :woot: And yeah, it does sound like Ewan.

For the helmet, I'm looking at it, and though it's dark and the quality's obviously bad, it looks like it has more of a brim on it than the youngling one's did.

My friend who hates Star Wars and who got to see an early screening of TFA early is now asking me questions about the movie and I’m about to bang my head into a freaking wall. :doh:
:lmao:

What are the questions. Like, what is a lightsaber, and how come there is sound in space. :hehe:

I do not hate all the aspects of the special editions. Stuff like the backgrounds in Bespin and the new X-wing shots in Star Wars are brilliant imo. I have a preferred version in my head that has that stuff, and it would include those changes you mentioned.

Yeah, stuff like that I didn’t mind at all. I liked seeing the other planets celebrating at the end of Jedi too.

But stuff like Vader’s “NOOOO!!!” in ROTJ and Greedo shooting first always remind me of that line in Jurassic Park 2....”She can’t NOT touch!"

There is also concept for a sith that would literally eat sun matter. He is in his meditation chamber and it funnles sun matter in and the sith would grasp it and eat it.

:funny:

I actually edited my original post before you posted, but after Darth had quoted me-- I put the "first steps" line in. :woot: And yeah, it does sound like Ewan.

For the helmet, I'm looking at it, and though it's dark and the quality's obviously bad, it looks like it has more of a brim on it than the youngling one's did.
Luke did some stylistic changes to the helmets. :p

Yeah, stuff like that I didn’t mind at all. I liked seeing the other planets celebrating at the end of Jedi too.

But stuff like Vader’s “NOOOO!!!” in ROTJ and Greedo shooting first always remind me of that line in Jurassic Park 2....”She can’t NOT touch!"
Vader's No, adding Hayden, the whole Han/Greedo mess, the added Jabba, all the weird added stuff to Mos Eisley, the changes to the finale of Empire, and changing Boba's voice get to me. Those two changes to Vader at the end of RotJ, arguably my favorite scenes in cinema, just sour it for me.

:lmao:

What are the questions. Like, what is a lightsaber, and how come there is sound in space. :hehe:

Well, her husband and son saw it today. She didn’t, and she still hasn’t seen the last 5 minutes because there was a power outage at her screening. Not like anything happened in the final moments anyway, right? :dry:

Apparently her husband and son think Snoke is “Darth”. I figured she meant Darth Plagueis like a lot of people think. She replied, “No, the James Earl Jones Darth.”

I wrote back, “No, Darth Vader is dead.”

She wrote, “OK, tell them that. I have no idea who he is.”

I wrote, “You don’t know who Darth Vader is??”

She hasn’t written back yet...

Luke did some stylistic changes to the helmets. :p
Now who needs to brace? :o

tumblr_ms6p6u6hFF1risu7wo2_400.gif

Spoilers from the ending
[BLACKOUT]i like how Rey kept the blaster Han gave to her, also i noticed that when Rey presents the saber to Luke first she looks afraid and then she changes to a determined face like she is finally accepting that she´ll become a jedi, also i wonder how Finn survived the saber to the spine[/BLACKOUT]

And some of the star destroyer and storm trooper concepts were unlike anything in star wars. Some of the First Order ship designs remind me of the bag guy ships in the new star trek beyond trailer. I kind of wish that JJ had chosen this strange new stuff over the classic imperial style designs.

Well, her husband and son saw it today. She didn’t, and she still hasn’t seen the last 5 minutes because there was a power outage at her screening. Not like anything happened in the final moments anyway, right? :dry:

Apparently her husband and son think Snoke is “Darth”. I figured she meant Darth Plagueis like a lot of people think. She replied, “No, the James Earl Jones Darth.”

I wrote back, “No, Darth Vader is dead.”

She wrote, “OK, tell them that. I have no idea who he is.”

I wrote, “You don’t know who Darth Vader is??”

She hasn’t written back yet...
You know when Kylo throws his fit? Yeah, it would have been like that, but with a theater screen.

I don't think I could have a conversation with someone who I had to explain who Darth Vader is too. You are a good soul danoyse. Also, watching this movie, how could anyone think Snoke is Vader even if you don't know who the character is?

Spoilers from the ending
[BLACKOUT]i like how Rey kept the blaster Han gave to her, also i noticed that when Rey presents the saber to Luke first she looks afraid and then she changes to a determined face like she is finally accepting that she´ll become a jedi, also i wonder how Finn survived the saber to the spine[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I figured the saber just grazed his back and was just one huge cut. [/BLACKOUT]

And some of the star destroyer and storm trooper concepts were unlike anything in star wars. Some of the First Order ship designs remind me of the bag guy ships in the new star trek beyond trailer. I kind of wish that JJ had chosen this strange new stuff over the classic imperial style designs.
Hoping we get an expansion of the design of the First Order in the next one.

You know when Kylo throws his fit? Yeah, it would have been like that, but with a theater screen.

I don't think I could have a conversation with someone who I had to explain who Darth Vader is too. You are a good soul danoyse. Also, watching this movie, how could anyone think Snoke is Vader even if you don't know who the character is?

And that’s her husband who thinks that. What the hell? Who thinks that? Unless she’s getting it wrong, which is entirely possible.

Why would the Resistance send Rey and Rey alone to find Luke?

Seems like it should be Leia if anything.

I am glad what he did with this film. Because I would love to see some crazier designs the closer we get to Snoke. I have a feeling Snoke is just using the First Order for his own purpose but may have more up his sleeve.

And that’s her husband who thinks that. What the hell? Who thinks that? Unless she’s getting it wrong, which is entirely possible.
Yeah, my money is on something being lost in translation.

Why would the Resistance send Rey and Rey alone to find Luke?

Seems like it should be Leia if anything.

Chewie and R2 went too.

They need Jedi. Rey is the next in line. Best to send her as quietly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"