Ghost Rider bumped to Feb of 2007 (Release Date Thread)

I'm hopeful too Flamehead, however I'm also trying to be realistic and not naive.

I also don't see how "different" this movie will be either. Especially when Avi Arad boasts that Mark Steven Johnson is the king of "schmaltz". I realize that Ghost Rider is a very unique character distinct from those you mentioned, but I'm hesitant to believe how different this movie will be from typical Hollywood fare.

Oh, it'll be typical Hollywood fare. No doubt about that. My argument is that all comic book movies are not the same and should not be compared to each other.

I take a little offense to being called naive. Just because I want to pull my full trust in something doesn't make me naive. I'm a positive person and always have been; thus I have a positive outlook on things.... especially things I really care about. I see no point coming here and thinking "This movie is gonna suck", "This movie is gonna bomb", "The director sucks", "Nic Cage Blows". What's the point of doing that?

Knowing that MSJ (and probably more of the cast and crew) visit this forum of ours, I want to let him know that I'm behind him on this project. Makin' movies is a stressful thing, especially this type of movie. It's known that the hardcore fans are watchin' and that's a lot to cater too. I rather him come here and read my comments about how I think this movie is gonna blow everything out of the water than to read someone elses saying that this is gonna be a box office flop. But that's just me.

That's all well and good, but this movie still isn't going to be the first big blockbuster of May either way.

Who cares if it is the first or last block buster film of the year, as long as when it comes out it is as good as most of us hope. All the news and posts from inside the set have set the bars pretty high and I have complete trust in MSJ to break threw those bars and barriers since he did very well with DD, given the task of telling the whole background and a major plot in one movie.
So if MSJ is reading this, Keep up the good work!

crystal_flame6 said:
Who cares if it is the first or last block buster film of the year, as long as when it comes out it is as good as most of us hope. All the news and posts from inside the set have set the bars pretty high and I have complete trust in MSJ to break threw those bars and barriers since he did very well with DD, given the task of telling the whole background and a major plot in one movie.
So if MSJ is reading this, Keep up the good work!

Who cares? Some people here clearly seem to :) .

And DD was reason enough for me not to have complete trust in Johnson.

As long as Gary Foster doesn't dip his hand into this movie like he did Daredevil then he should just be fine.

Oops. I seem to have started a bit of a ruck here.

Ah, Flamehead, ever the optimist! Love ya, guy. Keep on saying those things. I need to hear that. And I agree totally about Superman; one of the things I'm most looking forward to about Batman Begins is the possibility of a teaser. All they need to do is play the theme and show the 'S' and I'll be beaming like a loony.

On a positive note, I was listening to the Spidey 2 commentary this weekend and both Sam Raimi and Avi Arad praised the staff at Sony Pictures for being so co-operative. Bodes well since our beloved GR is at the same house.

:cool:

Its an audio commentary on a Sony released DVD for a Sony produced movie. What do you think they are going to say about Sony?

And Gary Foster is working on Ghost Rider last I checked.

TheVileOne said:
Its an audio commentary on a Sony released DVD for a Sony produced movie. What do you think they are going to say about Sony?

And Gary Foster is working on Ghost Rider last I checked.

Yeah I know he is but I heard he has a lesser role with Ghost Rider. I heard he was a big part in editing Daredevil the Theatrical Cut and we all know how that turned out. I think MSJ has more control this time around.

There's no doubt that MSJ has proven himself with the studio. Avi Arad, with Marvel, speaks very highly of him everytime I hear or read anything from him. That makes me very happy because Avi is da man!

As for Foster, yes, he was a main reason for the lack of movie in the theatrical release of DD... but I can totally understand why that was done. A theatrical release as long and story filled as the directors cut probably wouldn't have worked. Plus, they were following the huge success of Spider-Man and that alone would have influenced the studios decisions on things.

Avi speaks highly of every one. That's his job. When Man-thing was getting made he spoke highly of it. Same for Elektra. I don't see what makes Avi Arad so trustworthy.

Well the theatrical cut of Daredevil didn't work, that's for damn sure :) . I don't see how Spider-man influenced it really other than adding some more CGI. Since the Spider-man movies are longer and more story filled than Daredevil was.

TheVileOne said:
Avi speaks highly of every one. That's his job. When Man-thing was getting made he spoke highly of it. Same for Elektra. I don't see what makes Avi Arad so trustworthy.

Well the theatrical cut of Daredevil didn't work, that's for damn sure :) . I don't see how Spider-man influenced it really other than adding some more CGI. Since the Spider-man movies are longer and more story filled than Daredevil was.

Actually Avi Arad knew Man Thing was a piece of crap that is why he sent it to DVD. It was originally set to be released in theatres. And after a while Arad usually admits where movies went wrong.

Yes, that is very true. I see him as a very honest man.

As for Spider-Man's influence, that mainly came from the love story. Because of the success in the fact that the story between Peter Parker and Mary Jane were what sold the movie, Sony revolved DD around Matt and Elektra. As you know, the directors cut is far less about Matt and Ms. Nachios and more about Matt's struggle with himself.

I've yet to see Avi Arad do anything worthy of this "honesty". All I see him do is selling the products, not telling the unbiased truth.

I'm not buying the romance influence from Spider-man at all. Especially when Peter Parker and Mary Jane didn't hook up in the movie, and Elektra and Matt Murdock have that awful love scene.

um.. they had a love scene? oh the kiss it was ok.

i thought it was going to be released in august? oh well the sooner the better! but in good quality

TheVileOne said:
I've yet to see Avi Arad do anything worthy of this "honesty". All I see him do is selling the products, not telling the unbiased truth.

I'm not buying the romance influence from Spider-man at all. Especially when Peter Parker and Mary Jane didn't hook up in the movie, and Elektra and Matt Murdock have that awful love scene.

Of course Arad is not going to bash one of his movies before it is released. What do you think he is...******ed?? Usually after the movie has been out for a while Arad has been known to say what was wrong with the movie and how they can fix it in future sequels.

Do I think he's ******ed? No, but the way in which he gushes about the projects isn't what I'd call smart either.

TheVileOne said:
Do I think he's ******ed? No, but the way in which he gushes about the projects isn't what I'd call smart either.

THAT IS HIS JOB. Are you not understanding it? He is supposed to be getting people to go see the movie. Of course he is going to gush about movies before they are even released...its called smart business. He is a businessman...not a critic. But he actually talks about films faults and high points after they have been out for a while. He is a good guy.

I know its his job, he just doesn't do a very good job with it :) . When he uses brain farts like "Ben Foster is the SEAN PENN OF THE FUTURE" I mean...who is supposed to believe that? I just appreciate it when some producers are a little more believable when they promote their product.

TheVileOne, have you seen the movie, Hostage? Ben Foster is a great actor in this film. Very believable to be portraying a person I don't like. lol.

TheVileOne said:
I know its his job, he just doesn't do a very good job with it :) . When he uses brain farts like "Ben Foster is the SEAN PENN OF THE FUTURE" I mean...who is supposed to believe that? I just appreciate it when some producers are a little more believable when they promote their product.

Ben Foster is an amazing actor. Better than Sean Penn IMO.

He's Great. I really thought he did a fantastic job in Punisher. Man, that intense scene where they're pullin' out his face rings. Dude, he was brilliant there.

I still think this is a strong possibility. I feel they'll push X-men to it's spot and release Ghost Rider in May or June. Huge summer movie type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"