Ghost Rider FAQ

No problemo man. Come again.

NDX said:
FA, wasn't that the MoP made my Midnyte Sun?

Quite possibly, yes. It's awesome regardless.

Oh yes, it is. But awesomeness aside, as an artist, I have to ask did you get his permission to repost his work? Many artists, such as myself, request that people do not distribute, alter or reproduce without expressed permission.

Now, I don't know if Midnyte Sun feels the same way, but it's better to ask before you post someone else's work directly.

You definitely have a point NDX but when somebody posts openly on the board, I think it's a little different.

Either way, I hope he doesn't mind.

Actually, if the original artist posts it on the board, it was them posting it, and not a third party. I know when I post my art on an online forum I expect others to understand that it is not to be reproduced without permission. On most occassions that is a given. I write it in my DA submissions only because I have had issues in the past of people stealing my art for their own personal use.

Posting it opening, on a forum or otherwise, does not give others the right to post it elsewhere without permission. Having had this discussion with many other artists over the place, most feel the same.

Also, you could have easily posted a link to the image's original page (or directly to the image) and not the image itself and all would have been fine.

Yes, I could have, if I had any idea where it came from. Like I said, I found it in my huge collection of Ghost Rider images and posted it. I really see no problem with it. I understand were you're coming from but, I really don't think I did anything wrong. It's not like I claimed that I created it or something.

From this thread here: http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224294

True, you did not credit for the piece, but you also didn't supply credit to MS for making it. I probably wouldn't have brought anything if he was credited.

If you might have forgotten who drew it, you could do what I do, put the artist's name in the title of the drawings downloaded.

I didn't supply credit because I had no idea who created it, where it came from or anything of the sort. I was just helping a fellow GR fan with a request.

Regardless, I'll keep your remarks in mind the next time I do such a thing. Thank you.

I know this is off topic but I was watching Face/Off and I saw how good Nic Cage was at looking and acting crazy and I thought to myself huh he would have made a good Joker for the Dark Knight.

During Face/Off after he wakes up from the coma to find his face missing he calls that guy and he starts screaming and laughing all crazy the laughing sounded like Mark Hamil's Joker but darker.

What do you guys think ? I know Heath Legger is Joker now but what if ?

P.S. Face/Off is a great movie if you haven't seen it and you like Nic Cage you should it has great acting.

:ghost: :batty: :ghost: :batty: :ghost:

Yeah here's a pic not a great one but here you see a little of the crazy I was talking about.

What a difference!
thumbnail.aspx
20843ab2e8492f5d.jpg

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

I guess this would be a good place to ask my question. Does anyone know whether or not Zarathos is mentioned in the upcoming movie? What I mean is will he be mentioned by name as the demon that is joined with Blaze to make Ghost Rider or are they going to ignore that bit of continuity and just say he was cursed by Mephisto and no demon particulars are to be mentioned?
I heard an early script included his name in the story but a lot can change in 3 years. So if anyone knows any particulars I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Later,

Kyle

Look I need help on three things. I am a Ghost Rider fan and found some info on Ghost Rider but still have questions. Noble Kale AKA Ghost Rider brought Danny back to life and the two parted. However Noble needed a host and Danny agreed to join making him once again Ghost Rider.

question one how many Danny Ketch comics are there?

two What happened to Danny's Love stacy?

Three the last appearance as far as I know of Danny was a Spiderman comic. What comic was that?

Thank you for your time.

writer

Hey writer. Welcome to the hype!

The Dan Ketch run lasted for 93 issues. It also had a -1 and 2 annuals, plus Dan/Noble made plenty of appearances elsewhere. The last appearance in Spidey that you're referring to was in issue 93 of Spider-Man.

As for Stacy, she became a cop (and more) and ended up obsessed with takin' Ghost Rider down.

Really because in Ghost Rider 51 she seemed okay with Ghost Rider. I remeber hearing Jennifer Kale erased Danny's secret identity from most of his friends and family is that what happened to Stacy? The two made a great couple and I was hoping for a happy ending for the two. Anyway thanks for the first reply I start looking for that comic.

Thank you again,

writer

Okay, I am new to these boards, so let's try and be kind. I really just wanted to post somewhere that Mark Steven Johnson might read(and I saw that he gave a shout out to this site at the San Diego Con). I FINALLY have seen the GR trailer(long story) and I absolutely loved what I saw. It looked like every issue of the comic that I ever read, or wrote, playing out on the screen. Very excited that Sam Eliot was cast as Caretaker. First, Caretaker was absolutely the favorite character that I created(followed closely by Skinner) AND Sam Eliot was exactly who I was thinking of when I described him to the artist. Then again, I used to think of Sam ELiot for most major characters, always loved him as an actor... and would have loved to have seen him(years ago) cast as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, Mark(if you are reading this) great job. Looking forward to putting down my bucks to see the movie.

Howard Mackie

Okay... well...

Of course, we're all going to be very suspicious of this at first Howard. I personaly am the type to believe you are who you say you are but, there are others who won't... even though both Javier Saltares and MSJ already post here, so really there is no reason to believe Howard Mackie wouldn't.

Anyhoo, regardless, welcome to the hype. Mark hasn't been around in a while... not posting anyway. He says he checks it all the time so, I'm sure he'll see your post. Perhaps you'll sucessfully pull him out of the woodwork, who knows?

And if you are really the Howard Mackie we all know and love, thank you very much for joining us. You have no idea how obessed your run of GR has made me with the character. No idea. It wasn't all you of course; Saltares, Tex and you was the best tandum ever created. No bull****.

Again, welcome.

Hey Howard...(if that is your real name :woot: )
welcome to the board.
think we can all say thanks for getting GR back on track in the early 90s. if it wasn't for you and the hard work of Saltares and Texeria poor Ghostie would probably still be in comic book limbo right now.
also thanks for showing some support for the movie...w/ the negative comment by the cynical internet crowd it sure is nice to here some good ones from the actual creators.

It really is me... I'm pretty sure... wait! Yep! Just checked my driver's license...it's me. Really do not know how else to prove it. Only heard about this site when I saw the San Diego Con panel with MSJ. Appreciate the kind words... and YES... it had a lot to do with Javier and Tex. I was very lucky.

Howard

<<Of course, we're all going to be very suspicious of this at first Howard.>>

Now that I think about it... if you read alll of the negative stuff written about me online... would anyone else admit to being me?
Howard

<<think we can all say thanks for getting GR back on track in the early 90s. if it wasn't for you and the hard work of Saltares and Texeria poor Ghostie would probably still be in comic book limbo right now.>>

It was EASY...because I LOVED the character and especially those last bunch of issues written by J.M.DeMatteis!

<<also thanks for showing some support for the movie...w/ the negative comment by the cynical internet crowd it sure is nice to here some good ones from the actual creators.>>

I REALLY cannot wait to see the movie. The trailer(which I saw VERY late) blew me away. When you write a comic book you see tghe pictures MOVING in your minds eye...THAT is what I saw in the trailer. I recognized panels,covers, pages,etc... GR walking toward the camera was Javier's GR. I am so psyched. THIS is the real deal.

Howard

HAMACKIE said:
<<Of course, we're all going to be very suspicious of this at first Howard.>>

Now that I think about it... if you read alll of the negative stuff written about me online... would anyone else admit to being me?
Howard

There are some serious nutjobs out there. I've been accused of being so myself. I assure you I am not, however.

Well, it's actually impressive to see some of the more influential people from my childhood showing up on the Hype. Jarv, you. Now all we need it TEX and about all is set.

Welcome aboard.

I'd feel dirty shamelessly plugging the few Ghost Rider drawings I have posted in the links in my signature. And I did it anyway.

Howard, your Ghost Rider (well and Jarv's and Tex's!) was what got me into the character.

Just a quick thank you!

:yay:

Hi, welcome Howard, LOL...yes I know the last post was in Sept, I'm late :oldrazz: .

Anyway, since I'm a relative newbie, I've got a GR question. I chose to believe that GR is bones and flames. My husband believes this too, though I guess some may beg to differ. Anyway, my question is this, however goofy it may sound (I've got a warped sense of humor at times, LOL)...

Is this guy, either JB or DK stuck wearing his leathers all the time? Are these leathers magical that they don't burn? For example, if one day he's wearing his bathrobe and he transforms will the bathrobe other clothes burn away?

Does his hellfire actually burn or is it an image?

Ok, enough goofiness, LOL.

Hey Redvelvet, the best place to ask Howard some questions is in the thread that was created for him, which is located here: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251601&page=3

He checks in frequently so, ask away....

Having said that, I could probably answer your questions.... if you don't mind me doing so. Hellfire is not real fire. It's a mystical force and almost an entity to itself. It does not burn the way real fire does and also can not be extinguished. For example, it burns under water (which is going to be awesome to see, by the way).

As for the clothes, it depends on which GR you're taking about. The DK version had his clothes he was wearing replaced by GR's costume during the transformation but, Blaze didn't. In the movie, it seems that GR will wear whatever Blaze does... which is the leather garb we all know and love. Apparently, his 'costume' upgrades as the movie progresses. Also, the metal found on his clothes is affected by the hellfire causing spikes to grow on his shoulders and all that neat stuff.

Anyway, I hope that helps and be sure to check out Howards thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"